G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Does anybody have a Buffer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody have a Buffer?

hey guys I have a BO 07 and like i expected, it is a pain to keep clean. I was thinking about picking up a buffer/polisher. I read a couple reviews and i think i will be going with the porter cable 7424. Was wondering if anybody has it or used it? any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 01-10-2007, 07:53 PM
I have one.

It works wonders. Its especially good for beginners. You really can't mess up. Don't go with a rotary. Leave those to the pros.

Get different pads for it as well. Where are you getting yours?

My preference for all my car care needs is www.properautocare.com

I have been using them for the last 4 years now. I use their Blackfire sealant.
I haven't tried zaino but I haven't had any reason to try. The Blackfire works great.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you squeeze a few drops of your wax or Zaino onto the surface, then turn on the porter cable? I'm confused.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by HuKaShI
I have one.

It works wonders. Its especially good for beginners. You really can't mess up. Don't go with a rotary. Leave those to the pros.

Get different pads for it as well. Where are you getting yours?

My preference for all my car care needs is www.properautocare.com

I have been using them for the last 4 years now. I use their Blackfire sealant.
I haven't tried zaino but I haven't had any reason to try. The Blackfire works great.
awesome so the buffer is down ok what pads do you use? the ccs? because i read about the lake country pads and i heard they're top notch as well. BTW do you use any glaze after the wax? or is it pretty much the same thing

heres the link i got my info from

http://www.autogeek.net/poca74pofcop.html

Old 01-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I purchased a Porter Cable last year and I love it. I purchased it because I had some major swirl marks on my 03 Black Obsidian G. I don't use it for my routine waxing, but use it when I want get rid of swirl marks with an abbrasive polish. I couldn't be happier with my PC.

I directed many members to this thread as I feel it is one of the most valuable threads on this entire forum. Kevin (Picus112) writes an awesome post about detailing your car. I think it's a must read for all members here.

https://g35driver.com/forums/repairing-detailing-diy/105461-detailing-caring-your-ride.html

Old 01-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by robinchen
hey guys I have a BO 07 and like i expected, it is a pain to keep clean. I was thinking about picking up a buffer/polisher. I read a couple reviews and i think i will be going with the porter cable 7424. Was wondering if anybody has it or used it? any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks
I have one, and have used it once (with our Sequoia). It seemed to work pretty well, but I do not really know how to use it. On your G, I took the word of Zaino on their site (or maybe it was in the detailing forum), and just did the Zaino by hand. It was pretty easy (several hours, but the wax goes on and off easily), so will do it that way again.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:42 AM
The PC is great and as previously stated, it's perfect for beginners as it doesn't remove a lot of paint nor will it burn the paint like a rotary can. I've used rotaries years ago and had my share of mishaps. I bought a PC #7336 at Lowes for $79, being clearanced and I hear they are getting harder to find there. Essentially the same as the 7424 but with a counterweight suited for 6" pads.

Another great site is Autopia.org. Be careful tho, it's another addicting site, just like this one, if you really want to learn a lot about detailing. Kevin frequents that site as well and I'm sure he'll chime in here once he's sees the word 'buffer' in the title. It took me about a month to learn all the acronyms being thrown around and to finally grasp ideas and make decisions on what to buy.

I don't have a G yet but am planning on a BO sport in a few months, hence the PC purchase. Although I plan on using all the washing tips learned to prevent swirling and marring from Autopia and Kevin.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by bertmauricio
The PC is great and as previously stated, it's perfect for beginners as it doesn't remove a lot of paint nor will it burn the paint like a rotary can. I've used rotaries years ago and had my share of mishaps. I bought a PC #7336 at Lowes for $79, being clearanced and I hear they are getting harder to find there. Essentially the same as the 7424 but with a counterweight suited for 6" pads.

Another great site is Autopia.org. Be careful tho, it's another addicting site, just like this one, if you really want to learn a lot about detailing. Kevin frequents that site as well and I'm sure he'll chime in here once he's sees the word 'buffer' in the title. It took me about a month to learn all the acronyms being thrown around and to finally grasp ideas and make decisions on what to buy.

I don't have a G yet but am planning on a BO sport in a few months, hence the PC purchase. Although I plan on using all the washing tips learned to prevent swirling and marring from Autopia and Kevin.
im sorry alittle new to some of these terms but what is marring?

Old 01-11-2007, 02:39 AM