Hardwire Valentine 1 install?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Bad Toro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kewltea
Nice,

How did you install the rear view mirror? I did that, but the RV mirror is so big that the 2 hooks actually show on the bottom. I don't see those hooks on yours
Good question. The Convex mirror's hooks would not open wide enough in order to grab the OEM mirror (due to the Homelink buttons). What I did was this:

1. Broke off the bottom hooks (they're plastic), leaving only the top ones.
2. Laid down 2 stripes of double-sided tape on top of the OEM mirror
3. Cut out 2 thin strips of Velcro and taped those on the edge of the OEM mirror (one on each side)
4. The top hooks from the Convex mirror went on top of the double-side tape
5. Two other thin stripes were glued onto the back of the Convex mirror and I just pushed it forward towards the Velcro strips I dropped on the front of the OEM mirror.

Vualla - The Convex is now held in place without any hooks.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:41 PM
I just hooked mine up with a phone cord. I used utility knife to cut through the outside rubber and then my finger nail to strip the wire (it's really thin so i didn't want to break any strands of the copper). Cut the other 4 wires since they weren't needed. Then I twisted the wire to make it a little stronger and melted some solder on it to make it a stronger too. I found the wire would just bend if you tried to stick it in there without it. Then used a pin to shove down the side of the harness next to the car wire to make some more space for the wire I was sticking in.

Also note for my car, I connected the red phone cord wire to the black car wire and the green phone cord wire to the pink/black car wire (which is the opposite of what I read before on here). So if anyone else couldn't get it to work, this might be why.

Originally Posted by kewltea
did you tap the right wires on the phone cord? Red -> power, Green -> Ground

I just used a pair of scissors to strip the cables.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:58 PM
i bought the invisicord. it took me 30 seconds to hardwire it. when i have time i want to hardwire it using the concealed display. i miss that thing!

Old 02-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Florida G35 Club

Talking

Originally Posted by Shonuff
Also note for my car, I connected the red phone cord wire to the black car wire and the green phone cord wire to the pink/black car wire (which is the opposite of what I read before on here). So if anyone else couldn't get it to work, this might be why.
thank you so much for posting this, I was really getting annoyed because it wasn't working. I switched the wires and bingo! I have power. For anyone else's reference I have an 06'.