G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Sirius not Available on Navigation Package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Having the Sirius is very important to me, I have a 1h20m commute every day and I have shows I listen to (Stern, NFL, Comedy), I had XM and it's a disaster, horrible music programing, commercials and they offer nothing else. I hope this can be fixed just by switching the boxes or some substitute, I can't imagine it doesn't work, I hope it's an issue of, Infiniti not offering it, but something the dealer can do to resolve this.

The last think I want is to drop $41K on a car and have to have a giant receiver suction cupped to my windshield.

Very disappointing. Between this new piece of information and the fact there's no ipod integration, it might be a bust, I'll give them a chance to rectify and get sirius installed when the car arrives 2/7. if they can't. I might just wait for the 2008 which should address these major shortcomings.

Last edited by kring; 01-19-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:23 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
I would go to the dealer to confirm it clearly states when I build and order 07 G`s you can only get Sirius factory installed with premium or journey vehicles and navigation cars only come with XM. I'm looking out to make sure you are aware of that and trust me there are plenty of people that want nav and sirius because of the sports channels on sirius..... the solution is to get a portable sirius unit that's it
Sorry to question you about this again. I can't see how navi is affected by packging with Sirius ... HOWEVER ... I can understand that if it is indeed possible to get Sirius + navi, XM TRAFFIC will can't be available.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Sorry to question you about this again. I can't see how navi is affected by packging with Sirius ... HOWEVER ... I can understand that if it is indeed possible to get Sirius + navi, XM TRAFFIC will can't be available.

That's what I'm hoping for, they dealer stated that I would not have the XM traffic, but that's no issue, it's a useless feature. The dealer and I believe that's why Sirius is not available with navi, not that it won't work, just that it doesn't push XM's weak offering.

It is just a box that sits under the seat right?

Old 01-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by kring
That's what I'm hoping for, they dealer stated that I would not have the XM traffic, but that's no issue, it's a useless feature. The dealer and I believe that's why Sirius is not available with navi, not that it won't work, just that it doesn't push XM's weak offering.

It is just a box that sits under the seat right?
This is my understanding. When you purchase a G35 with the Navi option, you will get an integrated XM satellite radio receiver and antenna. With the Navi option, the ONLY way to get Sirius satellite radio is to purchase an external Sirius satellite radio receiver and antenna.........and at which that point will not be integrated in the head unit.

Now, if you don't get the Navi option with your G, you can simply get the Sirius satellite radio option directly from Infiniti.

This is how I've come to understand the satellite radio options on the new G.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by kring
Man that's a disappointment, and quite possibly a deal breaker. Bad move
Infiniti. I'm going to seriously consider not taking the car if that's the way it works out.
nothing against you but i want to see that dealer who actually was able to place an order on a '07 G w/ nav and sirius together. the computer automatically negates it.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not in an area that has XM traffic detail and I'd much rather have Sirius. I already subsribe to Sirius for my other car. If someone finds out that you can replace the XM tuner with the Sirius tuner and maintain the head-unit integration (losing XM traffic obviously) I'd jump on that option even if it means trashing the XM tuner and buying another tuner for a couple hundred bux.

/2007 G35 Sedan 6MT, Premium, Nav, Active Steering

Old 01-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be getting a new car in the spring, and right now the new G35 is at the top of my list.

I absolutely need Sirius, I've had Sirius for over three years now, and have admittedly become a Stern addict. XM is not a substitute.

I understand why Infiniti would push XM when purchasing Nav because of the XM Traffic, but I don't understand them preventing using a Sirius tuner. You should be still be able to just buy and plug in the Sirius box from the dealer.

I would be interested if anyone has or knows of any head-unit integrated solutions (either from the dealer or 3rd party), so that I could replace the XM tuner box with a Sirius box, and have it integrated with the head unit. Otherwise, I have to either not get the Navigation, or get the Nav and use external Sirius Starmate. Which I'd rather not have to permanenty mount on such a beautiful console / interior.

BTW, great forum, if I do go with the Inifiniti, I'm sure I'll be here quite a bit. Thanks.