G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

navi alternatives

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mchong75
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/136621-portable-navi-07-sedan-av-outlet.html

Well, my thread with a similar question was pretty much dead so I guess I can link the question here.

I have the non-navi 2007 sedan, and my question is….

Is there a portable NAV system that will connect to the 2007 Sedans AV outlet so that it can display image on the OEM screen?

Is that even possible?

Another question...if it's possible and an aftermarket Navi is available, will you be able to view the navi and still be able to listen to radio/CD since AV option is selected? (Hope what I’m asking makes sense)
I think the problem you'll run into is that the video part of anything going through the aux av ports will not display when the car is moving.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garmin NUVI is really nice IMO...USA maps are better than the tom-tom. make sure you get something with text-to-speech so you don't necessarily need to read the screen. Older GPSs I've used were a pain when they just say turn in 100 feet, when there are many cross-streets coming up.

And look for the latest GPS chipset, as they've gotten fantasticly more sensitive recently. SIRF III or something like that.

If they had the rear-view camera bundled with the navi, I would consider it. but portability (aka - pack in suitcase & use in rental) and cost makes me doubt if I'll get a built-in.