G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

speed sensing wipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
The '07 G35 does NOT have "rain" sensing wipers... (unfortunately). On most cars, the sensor (eye) is in the rear view mirror where it attaches to the windshield.

This is starting to become such a common feature in even near-luxury vehicles these days. I must say I am rather disappointed we don't have it. There are two features the G35 doesn't have that most cars of this class do have the option for - rain sensing wipers and parking assist sensors. I think both should have been included in the technology package. But, other than that, this thing has every bell and whistle I could ever want (in a car this class).
Oh... so that thing behind my rear view mirror on my SL is the rain sensor and the sensor on my hood is for light... haha.. got it thanks haha..

Larry

Old 01-28-2007, 10:44 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
The '07 G35 does NOT have "rain" sensing wipers... (unfortunately). On most cars, the sensor (eye) is in the rear view mirror where it attaches to the windshield.

This is starting to become such a common feature in even near-luxury vehicles these days. I must say I am rather disappointed we don't have it. There are two features the G35 doesn't have that most cars of this class do have the option for - rain sensing wipers and parking assist sensors. I think both should have been included in the technology package. But, other than that, this thing has every bell and whistle I could ever want (in a car this class).
Maybe 1/2 way there for parking assist with the rear view cam on the tech pkg. Used to think what a waste of $$ for a non-SUV, but I gatta say ... love that thing for backing into my garage!

Old 01-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Maybe 1/2 way there for parking assist with the rear view cam on the tech pkg. Used to think what a waste of $$ for a non-SUV, but I gatta say ... love that thing for backing into my garage!
I would have loved the back up camera myself, I think it would be great, but I didn't want the IC sensor in the front, I just didn't like the appearance of the sensor up front.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Are there any decent retrofit / aftermarket parking sensor options? I don't mind drilling holes in my bumper and having a speaker under the dash somewhere emitting a beep.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Am I the only one here that actually prefers to adjust the wiper speed manually? I like to be in full control of everything I do in the car (although I've pretty much set on the auto AC at 73 F...heheh). The rain falls in the Bay Area are so sporadic, so I prefer to not have the speed of the wipers depend on the speed of my car.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Am I the only one here that actually prefers to adjust the wiper speed manually? I like to be in full control of everything I do in the car (although I've pretty much set on the auto AC at 73 F...heheh). The rain falls in the Bay Area are so sporadic, so I prefer to not have the speed of the wipers depend on the speed of my car.
You're not alone, I am the same way.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:38 PM
I do like the rain sensing wipers on our GX470. I had the speed sensing wiper on my accord which I thought was pretty useless.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kinda off the subject, but I really like that the spray nozzles are hidden underneath the hood unlike most cars that are right there for everyone to see. I haven't really looked around too much to see what other cars have the hidden nozzles. Anyone know?

Old 01-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Wipers?? Who needs wipers??? Just Rain-X the windshield and water just runs off without even using them!

Old 01-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hikos_G
Wipers?? Who needs wipers??? Just Rain-X the windshield and water just runs off without even using them!
True. Will work on this car. You can't do it to a ca that has rain sensing wipers though - the Rain-X messes with the sensor. At least it did on my car.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by cnugs127
Kinda off the subject, but I really like that the spray nozzles are hidden underneath the hood unlike most cars that are right there for everyone to see. I haven't really looked around too much to see what other cars have the hidden nozzles. Anyone know?
I know the new Audi SUV (Q7 I think) are also under the hood

Old 01-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by RED_G35S
I set the speed sensing wipers on in the menu, but when it's raining today, i don't see how the wipers go faster when i'm driving like 80 on the highway... how do they work actually?
my speed sensing wipers don't seem to work either

Old 01-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Hikos_G
+1.....I use Zaino Z6 Gloss Enhancer on my windows when I do the car and it works the same way.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:54 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
I'm the same......and that's probably why this feature can be de-activated -- at least it can on my M......

I've used Rain-X and as Wayne says: Zaino Z-6 with excellent results.

C.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Very hidden Spray nozzles.

Originally Posted by cnugs127
I also have an 06 CTS. It has two spray nozzles for the front head lights that are totally hidden.
There are two triangles built into the headlights. When the head lights are on and the engine is running, if you press the washer button, the two triangles come out, away from the car, and expose the washers. When they are finished, they drop back into the headlight.
I didn't know this until one night I was spraying the windshield and I notice water spraying onto the headlight. I stopped the car and I couldn't find any sprayers until I had my wife spray the windshield while I stood in the rain.
Very cool!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: speed sensing wipers