G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Buying 07' G Getting the runaround! *PISSED*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS SIMILAR TO WHAT I WENT THRU. WHY IS IT THAT SALESMEN TEND TO TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE IDIOTS? THERE IS NOTHING WORST THAN WALING INTO A DEALERSHIP EXCITED ABOUT GETTING ANEW CAR AND IN THE BACK OF YOUR MIND YOU KNOW THAT YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH A SLICK TALKING, LYING, CHEAP SUIT WEARING SALESMAN. I MEAN COME ON WERE DROPPING OVER 40GZ ON THIS (MOST OF US) AND ALL WE ASK FOR IS HONESTY AND A SMOOTH TRANSACTION WITH NO HIDDEN INFORMATION. MY VEHICLE WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE GRAPHITE AND I HAD TO SETTLE WITH STONE FOR THE SAME REASON..B/S AND LYING. I HAVE A VERY SIMILAR STORY AND IT MAKES ME MAD THAT THIS CAME FROM AN INFINITI DEALER SOMEONE THAT IS PART OF THE NISSAN FAM. I MEAN COME ON THIS AINT KIA OR SUZUKI OR EVEN HYUNDAI FOR THAT MATTER.

ANYWAYS IM SORRY ABOUT THE BS YOUR GOING THRU HOPEFULLY YOU GET IT TODAY OR TOM.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:00 PM
UltimateG, we both bought our cars at the same dealer but at different locations, too bad you settled with them man. Well see what happens, I was definitely not expecting this type of treatment from this dealer, they were always very professional before and my first transaction a couple of years ago went VERY smooth; I can definitely tell the change in management, I was trying to get a hold of the salesman from my first purchase but he was on vacation and I just heard from my friend that he never came back from vacation, he ended up quitting. So that tells you that much about whats going on....

Old 01-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Ya, I had some problems too, it took weeks longer than I was told, and it was the wrong color! but I got some $$$ knocked off the price, so I don't really care.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Feel for ya

I had a similar experience although the price I got wasn't as good as yours so I can see how it would be difficult to walk and find another dealer. The dealer knew I wanted the car and considered it sold when I paid $500 deposit even though they still had to trade for the car with another dealer. From that point on they dropped the ball in every possible way and even lowered my agreed upon trade-in because it cost them to have the car shipped 300 miles.

I ended up getting the car at the same price and got $1500 more for my trade-in at another dealer. It is too bad that the excitement of buying a new car has to be ruined or even used against you by some of these dealers. Believe me, I let the dealer that screwed me over (Lake Norman Infiniti in NC) have it in the survey Infiniti sent me after my purchase!

Good luck, it will be worth the wait

Old 01-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Domiken
UltimateG, we both bought our cars at the same dealer but at different locations, too bad you settled with them man. Well see what happens, I was definitely not expecting this type of treatment from this dealer, they were always very professional before and my first transaction a couple of years ago went VERY smooth; I can definitely tell the change in management, I was trying to get a hold of the salesman from my first purchase but he was on vacation and I just heard from my friend that he never came back from vacation, he ended up quitting. So that tells you that much about whats going on....

Here in Ohio my Nissan dealer (I own a Titan) is obsessed with PERFECT customer service ratings for every trip I make to the dealer for maintenance or parts. So much so that I am counseled on the importance of a perfect service score. If not, they say, call them and they will make it right.

I would drop the "I'm calling Nissan Corporate" bomb on these clowns and make their lives Hell if they don't come through with an acceptable conclusion to this situation.

Dropping the "maybe I should lease a 335i" bomb on them and Nissan central may not hurt either...

Old 01-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
You can run the vin on carfax just to see what it comes up with.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Has anyone heard anything about a port strike on the west coast causing delay in shipment of vehicles. I am getting a runaround from my dealer in Indianapolis (there is only one...), and was told the care would arrive within a week..."it's on the truck." Now they're telling me it'll be "sometime in February," and that they don't know where the car is (they just know they're supposed to be getting it, but can't give details). It's been one month so far. I read something on another thread about a port strike...any truth to it?

Old 01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Domiken
when you go and pick up your car and they give you any $hit i would be straight forward with them and tell them the deal is off and walk away i can gurantee you that they will come running after you and if they do you make sure you get something out of this bull$hit over and above like have them throw in a set of all season mats or something if i were you i would make them accomodate you in every way they can trust me they know they are in the wrong at this point i know how delerships work!!! good luck to ya

Old 01-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I suppose that's one way. But what if they say fine... return your loaner. THEN they delay getting your trade in back for like a month. What will he drive in the meantime? They can always bs about "the trade was already auctioned off" etc....... Remember if you want to play hardball, they can also.

Originally Posted by jetblackg35
Domiken
when you go and pick up your car and they give you any $hit i would be straight forward with them and tell them the deal is off and walk away i can gurantee you that they will come running after you and if they do you make sure you get something out of this bull$hit over and above like have them throw in a set of all season mats or something if i were you i would make them accomodate you in every way they can trust me they know they are in the wrong at this point i know how delerships work!!! good luck to ya

Old 01-30-2007, 02:32 PM
You know, the more I think about this, I would first try and have a sit down with the dealerships GM or higher. I would then go the corporate route if this doesn't work. I would do everything in my power to take my business elsewhere, but more likely just leverage the situation as far as possible (as you might lode the negotiating power somewhere else). Get as much out of the deal as you can and in the end, know you made out. After it's all said and done, just never go back and never reccommend that dealer to anyone you know. I feel your pain. Car delaers unfortunately attract some bad apples.!

Old 01-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Well guys im going to try to stick it through, the deal was not bad and I was not getting any better anywhere else, id rather experience the grief I already have from this and get what I wanted then start fresh again....or at least I hope it goes well after tonight. The General manager knows whats going on, and I think he didnt say anything to me before because he knew I would have gone ballistic, I was a bomb waiting to explode when his presence would have showed up and my girlfriend was laughing at the bull**** the salesman was saying.

I am still wondering if the games have subsided, I hope they have. It is the end of the month as well and thats probably why they want to end this deal today, but I better see the car there tonight or im still going to call corporate about this, this should have NEVER happened. Maybe I should talk to the owner of the dealership himself, I can get in contact with him through my friend as my friend is his daughter's boyfriend. I should have done that from the get go man...

Old 01-30-2007, 02:41 PM
in shawla my brother lol

Old 01-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Sorry you're having so much hassle. I worked out a deal on a car as well. But when I got down to the dealer, they had just sold it!!! They wanted to do a dealer trade to get me the car but they had told me another one was comming in in a little over a week. I was nervous they were gonna pull something, but luckily all went well ;0)

Old 01-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Bad Toro
One word: BBB

Then, go back in there and tell them you are placing a brand new custom order to be made EXACTLY as you want it. Tell them you are willing to wait 3 months, but because they fwked you up, you get to keep the loaner for 3 months until you get your new G.

That's what I would do.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:50 PM
mrb
Originally Posted by SPEEED
One word: BBB

Then, go back in there and tell them you are placing a brand new custom order to be made EXACTLY as you want it. Tell them you are willing to wait 3 months, but because they fwked you up, you get to keep the loaner for 3 months until you get your new G.

That's what I would do.
Same here. I would never let anyone take my trade unless my new car is parked right next to it, etc.

I'd go in there with all the ammunition possible. I would also push them to the maximum and get free oil changes/service, floor mats, etc. With what you have experienced don't just settle for the original deal, push them some more and they don't meet your every demand go speak to an attorney and speak to the BBB.

It's 2007 and these ****** still try and pull this $h1t. I can only think of a few areas in society where this crap still goes on......buying a house, getting work done on a house, and buying automobiles. With the internet, the slim shady salesmen won't make it until I'm retired.

Last edited by mrb; 01-30-2007 at 05:52 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying 07' G Getting the runaround! *PISSED*