G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Buying 07' G Getting the runaround! *PISSED*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Domiken
Well guys im going to try to stick it through, the deal was not bad and I was not getting any better anywhere else, id rather experience the grief I already have from this and get what I wanted then start fresh again....or at least I hope it goes well after tonight. The General manager knows whats going on, and I think he didnt say anything to me before because he knew I would have gone ballistic, I was a bomb waiting to explode when his presence would have showed up and my girlfriend was laughing at the bull**** the salesman was saying.

I am still wondering if the games have subsided, I hope they have. It is the end of the month as well and thats probably why they want to end this deal today, but I better see the car there tonight or im still going to call corporate about this, this should have NEVER happened. Maybe I should talk to the owner of the dealership himself, I can get in contact with him through my friend as my friend is his daughter's boyfriend. I should have done that from the get go man...
What dealership is this at in Miami?? I went to Infiniti of Coconut Creek and they treated me great.. I even have a chocolate gift basket being delieved to my office tomorrow, courtesy of them

Old 01-31-2007, 09:08 AM
UPDATE:

Wow just wow fellas. So I show up last night and sit down, the salesman has a little grin on his face, he tells me not to worry the car will be here any minute, they did a dealer trade etc... supposedly the car came from Alabama $1800 in shipping charges (when I looked at the sheet it said Miami ) and I knew something was up from there.

The car that is "coming" was a Premium/Nav Tech w/a spoiler..... no tech package. He complained about how hard it was to get the car blah blah blah, I had him throw in a couple of other things to make up for the $550 difference of the tech package (as I wanted a spoiler anyway and wanted this **** to end) but then there was no price....

Price comes up and its $1000 more than the original deal, at this point he walks back to his general manager and my girlfriend shows up with quite the attitude which he has the ***** to eye **** her and ask if she is being helped when she asks for me he backed off. Anyway he comes back and tells me the deal cant go through tonight because the general manager doesnt want to sign off, that he has to wait until another manager gets there the next day blah blah blah... basically at this point the car is not there, my gf and I both stood up and went off on him.

I told him that wasnt the agreed price, he said they are losing too much money anyway, I said thats not my problem, this isnt the car I wanted anyway (no tech package), he said something smart/stupid, my girlfriend asked to speak to his manager, he said "he doesnt want to speak to anyone right now", so she laughs and looks at me and says "what is he Jesus" WTF!
So at this point its getting loud, I ask for my trade back (the power of attorney sheet I signed was NOT filled out and I had the original in my possession as he gave it to me that night SO I KNOW THE CAR IS NOT SOLD, I have the title in my possession) so he tells me the car is sold already anyway....and then I asked again, where is my car, he then said they could have it here tomorrow.

He was then getting quite nervous, and basically started saying crap about the deal etc.... etc... how it took him forever to get the car blah blah blah I told him I have been DECEIVED, we agreed on a price and he has been giving me **** since day one, lying to me about cars that are coming, getting the wrong car in etc.. etc... and at this point I no longer want to make business with them, he then said wait till the other manager comes in tomorrow, hell approve the deal yada yada, I said ill come in tomorrow BUT the car I traded in better be here.

So im about to call Infiniti Consumer Affairs, this is ridiculous and I feel like this has been a waste of my precious time and ive gotten headaches from it. Im at the point that I no longer want to purchase the car anymore, im going to be checking out the BMW 335i even if I have to pay more money for it, this is freaking ridiculous!!!!

My plans for tonight is to go cancel the deal straight up, give me my car trade in back (they have to anyway) and if my trade is not there, then they better tell me where it is, and if they want to play more games... im going to report the car stolen to the police department and let them know what has happened..... but I hope it does not come to that. I have the title to MY vehicle (2002 Infiniti G20 Sport), and nothing was signed over to them...NOTHING, they have no proof of any trade in. I will be posting this incident all over the internet, they forgot I am highly involved in the Nissan/Infiniti community and local forums, even if I have to call the news I will, what a hassle for a RETURNING customer who paid CASH for the first purchase at the same dealer.

Kevin

Last edited by Domiken; 01-31-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by JDOGG118
What dealership is this at in Miami?? I went to Infiniti of Coconut Creek and they treated me great.. I even have a chocolate gift basket being delieved to my office tomorrow, courtesy of them
WARREN HENRY INFINITI OF MIAMI

and I believe there is a WARREN HENRY INFINITI OF DAVIE as well.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UPDATE:

Wow just wow fellas. So I show up last night and sit down, the salesman has a little grin on his face, he tells me not to worry the car will be here any minute, they did a dealer trade etc... supposedly the car came from Alabama $1800 in shipping charges (when I looked at the sheet it said Miami ) and I knew something was up from there.

The car that is "coming" was a Premium/Nav Tech w/a spoiler..... no tech package. He complained about how hard it was to get the car blah blah blah, I had him throw in a couple of other things to make up for the $550 difference of the tech package (as I wanted a spoiler anyway and wanted this **** to end) but then there was no price....

Price comes up and its $1000 more than the original deal, at this point he walks back to his general manager and my girlfriend shows up with quite the attitude which he has the ***** to eye **** her and ask if she is being helped when she asks for me he backed off. Anyway he comes back and tells me the deal cant go through tonight because the general manager doesnt want to sign off, that he has to wait until another manager gets there the next day blah blah blah... basically at this point the car is not there, my gf and I both stood up and went off on him.

I told him that wasnt the agreed price, he said they are losing too much money anyway, I said thats not my problem, this isnt the car I wanted anyway (no tech package), he said something smart/stupid, my girlfriend asked to speak to his manager, he said "he doesnt want to speak to anyone right now", so she laughs and looks at me and says "what is he Jesus" WTF!
So at this point its getting loud, I ask for my trade back (the power of attorney sheet I signed was NOT filled out and I had the original in my possession as he gave it to me that night SO I KNOW THE CAR IS NOT SOLD, I have the title in my possession) so he tells me the car is sold already anyway....and then I asked again, where is my car, he then said they could have it here tomorrow.

He was then getting quite nervous, and basically started saying crap about the deal etc.... etc... how it took him forever to get the car blah blah blah I told him I have been DECEIVED, we agreed on a price and he has been giving me **** since day one, lying to me about cars that are coming, getting the wrong car in etc.. etc... and at this point I no longer want to make business with them, he then said wait till the other manager comes in tomorrow, hell approve the deal yada yada, I said ill come in tomorrow BUT the car I traded in better be here.

So im about to call Infiniti Consumer Affairs, this is ridiculous and I feel like this has been a waste of my precious time and ive gotten headaches from it. Im at the point that I no longer want to purchase the car anymore, im going to be checking out the BMW 335i even if I have to pay more money for it, this is freaking ridiculous!!!!

My plans for tonight is to go cancel the deal straight up, give me my car trade in back (they have to anyway) and if my trade is not there, then they better tell me where it is, and if they want to play more games... im going to report the car stolen to the police department and let them know what has happened..... but I hope it does not come to that. I have the title to MY vehicle (2002 Infiniti G20 Sport), and nothing was signed over to them...NOTHING, they have no proof of any trade in. I will be posting this incident all over the internet, they forgot I am highly involved in the Nissan/Infiniti community and local forums, even if I have to call the news I will, what a hassle for a RETURNING customer who paid CASH for the first purchase at the same dealer.

Kevin
How did you pay your deposit, Cash? is this correct?

Old 01-31-2007, 09:36 AM
change your tag man

but seriously, im sorry for the crap your going thru.

some items (im sure you already know)

1. free 2006 loaner till your car comes in.
2. your trade in shouldnt depreciate in value
3. if they already sold it, yes they are screwd and will
make a loosing deal to make it right.
4. dont settle for anything , get what you requested.
5. good idea not signing the sheet w/o numbers

where the hell was my chocolate gift basket !?!?! and btw if im paying MSRP for mine... they better give me a reach around !

ppp

Old 01-31-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Ca$hio
How did you pay your deposit, Cash? is this correct?
Traded in my vehicle (G20).

I just spoke with Infiniti Consumer Affairs, I went off on them with the story, I let them know I no longer want to purchase this vehicle (they were going to try to be the middle man) but I told them im not interested, I just need my Infiniti G20 back. The Infiniti CA guy is calling the dealer right now to let them know to have my car ready and to report this problem to the regional Infiniti office on what has happened...

Old 01-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
change your tag man

but seriously, im sorry for the crap your going thru.

some items (im sure you already know)

1. free 2006 loaner till your car comes in.
2. your trade in shouldnt depreciate in value
3. if they already sold it, yes they are screwd and will
make a loosing deal to make it right.
4. dont settle for anything , get what you requested.
5. good idea not signing the sheet w/o numbers

where the hell was my chocolate gift basket !?!?! and btw if im paying MSRP for mine... they better give me a reach around !

ppp
Changed.

1. I could care less at this point
2. I had my trade for sale for 50% more of what they were willing to give me, the KBB trade in "in good condition, not excellent" was $1600 more. So I will just sell my car on my own and then figure out what I will do from there. This was with a Wilwood Big brake kit $1k, and Tein coilovers $900.
3. They didnt sell it, it was all a scam
4. I wont
5. I would never do that

Hope you get your chocolate gift basket

Old 01-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
OMG! It is no wonder AT ALL that "car salesmen" are on the BOTTOM of the list of "trusted" people.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah, you would think by now a salesman would realize that the easiest way to make a sale is to be honest. People don't like to be dicked around.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:07 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
you can't quote that on every dealership and every car salesman. i've worked my a$s to be rated one of the top sales consultants of the whole Infiniti East region for customer satisfaction and for volume.

#1: I have a lot of clients on this site.... they know how I do business with them and with referrals

#2: that dealership had no right to let someone else drive your trade in if you kept your own insurance and license plates on it still. the dealership can't touch, sell property unless you signed the title over and gave in all lien releases

#3: the dealership should've been very upfront with you on finding that particular vehicle. it's a rare combo

sorry to hear all this but i hope it goes well.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks Kenny, I have a bad taste in my mouth. I dont think I would be happy purchasing another vehicle from Infiniti again. Even if I bought the vehicle yesterday, I would have been pretty pissed off about the purchase and probably not enjoyed the car the way I should have.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks Kenny, I have a bad taste in my mouth. I dont think I would be happy purchasing another vehicle from Infiniti again. Even if I bought the vehicle yesterday, I would have been pretty pissed off about the purchase and probably not enjoyed the car the way I should have.

and you have every right to be but you can't judge one Infiniti dealer from another -- it could happen at BMW, Lexus, etc.... You're not the only one that was getting screwed on a new vehicle but I"m here to give my .02 cents as well as make it a little easy to sleep. ask coupin... he's been calling me for 3 months b/c i can't go drive a ship from japan so his new car will get here sooner. there are some things i can do and some things i can't. if you would like to discuss it further i'd be more than happy to help you out. especially if you are willing to take a road trip i have your car coming very soon

Old 01-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
you can't quote that on every dealership and every car salesman. i've worked my a$s to be rated one of the top sales consultants of the whole Infiniti East region for customer satisfaction and for volume.

#1: I have a lot of clients on this site.... they know how I do business with them and with referrals

#2: that dealership had no right to let someone else drive your trade in if you kept your own insurance and license plates on it still. the dealership can't touch, sell property unless you signed the title over and gave in all lien releases

#3: the dealership should've been very upfront with you on finding that particular vehicle. it's a rare combo

sorry to hear all this but i hope it goes well.

Then you sir are one of the Brave, the Few, the Honest Car Salesman.

You are in the minority in this. I have run across only two in my lifetime. One was my Infiniti salesman.

This "whatever gets them out the door" mentality will not get you repeat buisness. A good Dealership is worth it's weight in gold.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:44 AM
i love my infiniti dealership that I bought my car from. Roswell Infiniti in Georgia is awesome. Then I get my vehicle serviced at Nalley Infiniti in Marietta and they treat me soooo well over there. I guess its luck of the draw!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Then you sir are one of the Brave, the Few, the Honest Car Salesman.

You are in the minority in this. I have run across only two in my lifetime. One was my Infiniti salesman.

This "whatever gets them out the door" mentality will not get you repeat buisness. A good Dealership is worth it's weight in gold.
yes i'm definitely the minority on this one especially having local clients that come from other Infiniti dealers and feel like they're walking into a low budget store -- too high pressure and stupid sales tactics don't work these days.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying 07' G Getting the runaround! *PISSED*