G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Your buying experience around Southern California?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty much anyone looking for one with nav isn't going to get much off sticker if any at all. It's the nav that is in such short supply in socal. I called at least 5-6 dealers in last three weeks and no one had one and some said they were getting in one in February. Luckily, one of those happened to be at Mission Viejo. I dealt with Mike Platacis (based on acidrane's recommendation) and had a great experience. I changed my mind on the rosewood or else that would have been even rarer and less off sticker. I did get some off, but not like others who've gotten $1500 off but without the nav.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:10 AM
if your in so cal then check out southbay infiniti. i got mine the same day i went to test drive and they had 4 other nav cars in all colors. the hard thing to find were tech cars. only santa monica had one but they wanted 2500 over msrp!

Old 02-13-2007, 03:12 AM
Cerritos has a HUGE inventory - I read some bad things about them here, but my experience was great.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
Cerritos has a HUGE inventory - I read some bad things about them here, but my experience was great.
A huge inventory of what? All the dealers I visited had a huge inventory. But if you wanted Sat. or Rosewood, you were out of luck. Things may have changed by now, this was three weeks ago.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Dealership in San Diego area

Hey guys - New to the forum as this is my first post, but wanted to chime in on the subject.

I picked up my G Saturday from Hoehn Infiniti in Carlsbad and I couldn't be happier with the experience. They gave me below MSRP and didn't try to kill me on my trade. Dee Ancrum is the internet sales manager and was a pleasure to work with. After the first dealership tried to stick it to me on the car I ordered, he had the car for me in less than two weeks (which was probally just lucky) and held it for me even though he didn't have a deposit from me or a deal worked out yet.

Hope it works out for you, regardless of what dealer you work with

Old 02-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by dude_abides
A huge inventory of what? All the dealers I visited had a huge inventory. But if you wanted Sat. or Rosewood, you were out of luck. Things may have changed by now, this was three weeks ago.
Maybe that's why it's HUGE - a bunch of cars nobody wants. LOL.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
Maybe that's why it's HUGE - a bunch of cars nobody wants. LOL.
Exactly. I saw dozens of G's sitting at Miller. But upon closer inspection and asking them, they were all just premiums with the tire package. Could gotten a great deal but I had to have nav.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Infiniti Santa Monica was great.

I knew that I wanted the Journey sedan in Lakeshore Slate w/ wheat interior and sunroof so I set out to find the best price. I went on edmunds.com and asked for quotes. Well the day was frantic with emails and phone calls from dealers in So Cal. I used a 75 mile radius. After receiving quotes ranging from $1k to $3k above MSRP I called a few dealers who hadn't replied yet. (I needed to get a car ASAP as I was driving a rental after selling my Audi earlier in the week.) My last call was to Santa Monica and I didn't give him my best quote to beat. Well Dana called me back with a quote so low that I was able to get the premium pkg for less than any quote I had for the Journey w/out the premium pkg.

The car was detailed and had a full tank of gas when I arrived to pick it up. The funny thing is that the car came from another dealer (through the dealer trade system) who quoted me $2k more for that identical car!! Very happy with the deal.

Bruce

Old 02-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by bruuster
I knew that I wanted the Journey sedan in Lakeshore Slate w/ wheat interior and sunroof so I set out to find the best price. I went on edmunds.com and asked for quotes. Well the day was frantic with emails and phone calls from dealers in So Cal. I used a 75 mile radius. After receiving quotes ranging from $1k to $3k above MSRP I called a few dealers who hadn't replied yet. (I needed to get a car ASAP as I was driving a rental after selling my Audi earlier in the week.) My last call was to Santa Monica and I didn't give him my best quote to beat. Well Dana called me back with a quote so low that I was able to get the premium pkg for less than any quote I had for the Journey w/out the premium pkg.

The car was detailed and had a full tank of gas when I arrived to pick it up. The funny thing is that the car came from another dealer (through the dealer trade system) who quoted me $2k more for that identical car!! Very happy with the deal.

Bruce
I had some dealings with Dana as well. Decent guy