G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08
View Poll Results: Wood or Aluminum interior?
Rosewood trim
15.38%
Aluminum trim
84.62%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Wood or Aluminum trim?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Bad Toro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aluminum.

Keep the wood for the Lexus ES....

Old 02-06-2007, 02:30 AM
I didnt like the aluminum in person. I told myself i was not getting the wood but that washi pattern makes the aluminum look scratched up. I just couldnt get myself to like it no matter how much i looked at it. So i went with the wood without seeing it in person in the car. Could not be happier with my decision. The wood adds a touch of warmth and alot of class to the interior. Really makes the car look alot more expensive then it is. You gotta remember there are cars twice the price that dont use real wood. Its a bargin at 450 in my opinion. On a black on black car, it would look super. Id do it...

Old 02-06-2007, 05:34 PM
well I choose aluminum with premium, nav, tech, and wheels. Black/graphite.

Dealer just got one in today, did the deal over the phone and he's driving it to my house in the morning (they're quite a ways away from me).

Initially I was leaning towards wood, but decided to go aluminum and I don't think I'll sleep a wink tonight.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by dude_abides
well I choose aluminum with premium, nav, tech, and wheels. Black/graphite.

Dealer just got one in today, did the deal over the phone and he's driving it to my house in the morning (they're quite a ways away from me).

Initially I was leaning towards wood, but decided to go aluminum and I don't think I'll sleep a wink tonight.
If I were you, I'd go to the dealer and drive it myself, if you subscribe to the "baby the car during break-in" philosophy.... There's certain break-in guidelines as documented in the owner's manual, available online (e.g. don't go over 4000 RPM, vary speed, don't break hard, etc.). I doubt the person driving the car to your home will be as careful. Plus, wouldn't you want to drive it as soon as you can

Old 02-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by kca2000
I didnt like the aluminum in person. I told myself i was not getting the wood but that washi pattern makes the aluminum look scratched up. I just couldnt get myself to like it no matter how much i looked at it. So i went with the wood without seeing it in person in the car. Could not be happier with my decision. The wood adds a touch of warmth and alot of class to the interior. Really makes the car look alot more expensive then it is. You gotta remember there are cars twice the price that dont use real wood. Its a bargin at 450 in my opinion. On a black on black car, it would look super. Id do it...
+1. Same here. I couldn't get over the washi look. I just didn't think it looked refined enough to be in a near $40k car. The wood makes it look much classier, IMO.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:57 PM
I liked the look of both, but it seems to me that when we optioned out our car we had to go with the aluminum.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by randman
If I were you, I'd go to the dealer and drive it myself, if you subscribe to the "baby the car during break-in" philosophy.... There's certain break-in guidelines as documented in the owner's manual, available online (e.g. don't go over 4000 RPM, vary speed, don't break hard, etc.). I doubt the person driving the car to your home will be as careful. Plus, wouldn't you want to drive it as soon as you can
The internet salesman who I did the deal with is driving it to me. I'm not worried. I'll have the car by 10am.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

dealer installed wood

factory wood

go w/ aluminum -- u can always get an aftermarket wood in the future

Old 02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Uuggh... the dealer installed wood looks really cheap, however I like the factory one. I still prefer the Aluminum.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadian144
Uuggh... the dealer installed wood looks really cheap, however I like the factory one. I still prefer the Aluminum.
people have that taste that the plastic coated wood looks better. i hate it

Old 02-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The wood around the vents is too much is the dealer installed picture, it makes the whole thing look wrong. IMO I still prefer the Washi Aluminum, especially with the graphite leather.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
people have that taste that the plastic coated wood looks better. i hate it
Because shiny = bling.

I still remember way back last year when everyone was disgusted by the aluminum and preferred the wood. Now, a majority of us prefers the former. It really depends on your personal taste, style, and what interior color you chose. Aluminum FTW!!! It's sportier, and it's the most appropriate complement to the G35, IMO.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
The wood around the vents is too much is the dealer installed picture, it makes the whole thing look wrong. IMO I still prefer the Washi Aluminum, especially with the graphite leather.
Yeah, that's mainly what I noticed. The wood on the vents, and on the area with the seat warmer... EWWW! lol. I have the Washi Aluminum on the Graphite Leather, and I'm not regretting it for a second!

Old 02-06-2007, 06:33 PM
I prefer the "flat" (as oppossed to shiny) finish of the factory wood. Other cars have shiny wood, and I don't know why they do that. After all, the wood in furniture is not shiny. IMO, flat finish is much more natural. Plus, the factory option only adds about $400 (less if you get a good deal), and it's hard to see how an aftermarket wood finish would beat that. To each his (or her) own, I guess.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:41 PM
kind of sucks because i want the S, but i am kind of liking how the factory wood looks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poll: Wood or Aluminum trim?