G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Update: G35 Nav w/ Sirius

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Update: G35 Nav w/ Sirius

well we tested a '07 G35x and we all know it comes with XM satellite factory installed for the real time nav traffic....

if you do not plan to subscribe to XM or XM NavTraffic and only want Sirius then we can install it from the dealership

you will have to pay for the Sirius Satellite Unit, antenna, and labor but it works fine.

only downfall is that you'll have 2 antennas -- a body colored XM antenna and the black sirius antenna.

I know a lot of people want Sirius but this is the best option to get a '07 G w/ premium nav and to have sirius --

Old 02-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by da mayor
well we tested a '07 G35x and we all know it comes with XM satellite factory installed for the real time nav traffic....

if you do not plan to subscribe to XM or XM NavTraffic and only want Sirius then we can install it from the dealership

you will have to pay for the Sirius Satellite Unit, antenna, and labor but it works fine.

only downfall is that you'll have 2 antennas -- a body colored XM antenna and the black sirius antenna.

I know a lot of people want Sirius but this is the best option to get a '07 G w/ premium nav and to have sirius --
Why can't you just adapt the connector from the xm antenna to fit the sirius satellite unit? I can't see how it would be any different except for the connecter.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know what the F'n problem is with getting Sirius and NAV? Let me say that I know Infiniti is not currently offering it, before some Einstein-class genius offers that for an explanation.

I want to get a G, and I want satellite radio, but I do not want XM. I want Sirius and NAV. Or, I want Sirius with a CF card. I can live without the 6 CD autochanger if I can get the Sirius and the CF card.

What is the problem? Why won't they do this? I will buy a G35 quickly if they can get this resolved.

Sorry for the aggravated tone,
and thanks for any help.

Last edited by Zorak; 02-09-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Why no Sirrus

Sirrus is not available with the Navigation package because Nissan/Infiniti chose to integrate the local traffic information available from XM into the Navigation system. My guess is they assummed not enough people would pay for 2 satellite receivers to justify offering that as an option. So they simplified their build/option list and offer only XM with Nav.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:50 PM
the antennas are different for XM and Sirius -- just like if you were to get diesel vs. regular gasoline

XM offers the nav traffic which a lot of people want

you can't have everything though....

Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Da Mayor,
I opted not to get the Navi but did get premium with Sirius and I have the color matched antenna. What is the cost to add a color matched sirius antenna and remove the XM color matched one. I'm sure those out there looking for sirius and Navi will want to know if they can get the color matched even if there's a cost.

Thanks

Old 02-09-2007, 09:49 PM
the whole thing is silly, imho. i would never NOT buy a car based on which sat system they had

Old 02-09-2007, 10:21 PM

I dunno Kenny. I looked at the service manual and if you have nav, the XM tuner is part of the audio unit, and then there is no prewire harness for a satellite tuner. With no nav, the prewire plug is in the back for Sirius or XM. Where will the Sirius tuner plug in if you have nav?

or are you guys just putting in aftermarket stuff.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:12 PM
... comes with XM satellite factory installed for the real time nav traffic....

Kenny (or anyone), if one were to order a NAV package on a coupe with out XM, would the XM receiver still be in the car because of the NAV? The reason I ask is the Navigation package U01 does not require A96 (XM). I may want XM in the future. All of the fully loaded Coupes in Florida that I can see on the dealer's website that have NAV also have XM.

Johnmax above says above what I believe may be the case, and if so I can just take XM off my Option list since it is already going to be in the car with the Nav.

Last edited by allendoc; 02-10-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Kenny, thanks for this info! I was one of the people who posted asking about adding factory Sirius to Nav, this is a big help. I'll buy the factory Sirius off eBay or EverythingG35 and install it myself, but didn't want to until I knew for sure it would work.

I just bought my G35x today. Black, Stone / Aluminum, Premium, Nav. Soon to have Sirius!

As far as the second antenna, at least in my case it will be body colored, black.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Dont get too excited Dane, as he hasnt answered my question yet. I think they are putting in aftermarket Sirius tuners. Lets see....

Old 02-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Seems that some car companies offer only XM, while others only Sirius, so it's actually pretty good that Infiniti offers both (though additional complications arise if you want the Nav and Sirius).

There were rumours that XM and Sirius were having discussions about merging, but it's not clear where that's going.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,145455,00.html

If they merge, that would certainly make it nice for listeners (assuming they don't raise the subscription).

Old 02-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by randman
Seems that some car companies offer only XM, while others only Sirius, so it's actually pretty good that Infiniti offers both (though additional complications arise if you want the Nav and Sirius).

There were rumours that XM and Sirius were having discussions about merging, but it's not clear where that's going.

If they merge, that would certainly make it nice for listeners (assuming they don't raise the subscription).
They probably would raise subscription since they are the only SRadio companies. I do like XM anyways, and I like that it is included with this package. But, they probably should allow you to get Sirius instead, if you want too.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Your article is rather old.
The FCC chairmain recently (Jan 07) made statements indicating that any such merger would be blocked.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070118-8653.html

Originally Posted by randman

Old 02-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by johnmax
Dont get too excited Dane, as he hasnt answered my question yet. I think they are putting in aftermarket Sirius tuners. Lets see....
there is no aftermarket tuner we install -- it's the Infiniti Sirius brain and antennas to work like usual as if it came from the factory (excluding the antenna)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Update: G35 Nav w/ Sirius