G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Air Re-circulation Modes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Re-circulation Modes

I ask the following question only because the car I came from had a similar button for the outside/inside air flow re-circulation.

In my 2003 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S, whenever I selected the outside fresh air mode, I could actually feel fresh air blowing into the car. The faster I went, the more air circulated into the car. On cold days, I could feel colder air, and on warm days, I could feel warm air. When I wanted the air flow turned off, I clicked the button to inside air re-circulation (the symbol with the air inside the car looping around).

In my 2007 G35 S, I do not feel any air coming into the car when using the outside fresh air button. Really, nothing, no matter how fast I am going and what the temperature is outside. In fact, when I switch to the other mode (re-circulation from within the car), it feels exactly the same.

Is this normal? Dont you think I should be able to feel the fresh air coming in, especially with freeway driving? What I do now is turn on the A/C, then click the A/C button again, which turns the fan on without the A/C unit generating cold air (it has been in a warm month in So Cal).

If any one has any guesses to why this happens this way, or if Infiniti designed the car this way, please let me know.

Thank in advance.

Herschel

Old 02-12-2007, 07:14 PM
I experience the same thing. Also my previous car an Audi A4 was just like the G35. The A/C always feels the same, just one is bringing fresh air in, and the other is recirculating the air.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by herschelg123
Dont you think I should be able to feel the fresh air coming in, especially with freeway driving? What I do now is turn on the A/C, then click the A/C button again, which turns the fan on without the A/C unit generating cold air (it has been in a warm month in So Cal).

If any one has any guesses to why this happens this way, or if Infiniti designed the car this way, please let me know.

Thank in advance.

Herschel
No, can't say that I do. On my Maxima (another Nissan product), I could tell from the temperature of the air (in Houston the AC works better with recirc), or from outside smells. I would be concerned if I could actually feel more air flow with an increase in speed - would like to think the filter is having a bit more of an effect on the air...

Old 02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I ask the following question only because the car I came from had a similar button for the outside/inside air flow re-circulation.

In my 2003 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S, whenever I selected the outside fresh air mode, I could actually feel fresh air blowing into the car. The faster I went, the more air circulated into the car. On cold days, I could feel colder air, and on warm days, I could feel warm air. When I wanted the air flow turned off, I clicked the button to inside air re-circulation (the symbol with the air inside the car looping around).

In my 2007 G35 S, I do not feel any air coming into the car when using the outside fresh air button. Really, nothing, no matter how fast I am going and what the temperature is outside. In fact, when I switch to the other mode (re-circulation from within the car), it feels exactly the same.

Is this normal? Dont you think I should be able to feel the fresh air coming in, especially with freeway driving? What I do now is turn on the A/C, then click the A/C button again, which turns the fan on without the A/C unit generating cold air (it has been in a warm month in So Cal).

Thank in advance.

Herschel
In my Civic, when I have the fan and recirc off, I can feel a bunch of air hitting me during hard acceleration. But, when I even out, I can feel a little air still but not as much. When I am in idle I can feel nothing. Is this what you are talking about?

Old 02-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
It's the way they designed the AC setup. I think it's kind of retarded because in my old Acura you could get fresh air flowing in without running the AC.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:36 PM
If you want more fresh air, increase the fan speed. Simple.

If you want the amount of fresh air hitting your face to increase with the vehicle's speed, open the window. =)

Old 02-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by CalsonicVQ
If you want more fresh air, increase the fan speed. Simple.

That is the part that gets me...if you increase the fan speed, the airconditioner clicks on. And that is not what I want. So I end up having to hit the A/C button to turn it off, leaving just the fan on. That is alot of button pressing for something that should be happening automatically.

However, your comment about the window made me laugh because right now, that is exactly what I have been doing!

But as others have points out, it seems to be how the car is designed.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by irishsig
It's the way they designed the AC setup. I think it's kind of retarded because in my old Acura you could get fresh air flowing in without running the AC.

EXACTLY!

Old 02-12-2007, 11:35 PM
That is the part that gets me...if you increase the fan speed, the airconditioner clicks on. And that is not what I want. So I end up having to hit the A/C button to turn it off, leaving just the fan on. That is alot of button pressing for something that should be happening automatically.

However, your comment about the window made me laugh because right now, that is exactly what I have been doing!

But as others have points out, it seems to be how the car is designed.
If you turn off the auto climate control (press the round button on the left making sure the auto light turns off), the AC won't turn on if you simply adjust fan speed.

Now, I have another question about freshair/recirc. The manual states that if you hold down the freshair/recirc button until the lights blink, the climate control will be in a freshair/recirc auto-select mode. I know that some cars will automatically recirculate the air if the climate control detects impurities (e.g. excess amounts of carbon monoxide, exhaust fumes from the diesel truck in front of you, etc.) in the air. Is the g35 the same?? I've had my car for over a month, but never seen the auto-switching thing actually work. Maybe I should try finding a big bus to drive behind...

Last edited by CalsonicVQ; 02-12-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I end up having to hit the A/C button to turn it off, leaving just the fan on. That is alot of button pressing for something that should be happening automatically.
Are you seriously disappointed to see the AC kick in when it's turned on? That's what AC is supposed to do. It doesn't require a lot of button pressing to turn it off, it's one button to press. I don't see what the big deal is.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:48 AM
I think the key here is the AUTO selection.
Turn it off. And the temp and other fan controls are shut off.

Geesh you guys... if this merits a bitch session, then get a life.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:09 AM
It's because the fresh air ducting that used to be directed into the A/C vents is now being directed into the ram-air intake for those extra 3 HP.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Whoa everyone.

I was not complaining, but only asking a question based on my previous car. If this was my first ride and did not know how other cars handle the air re-circulation, then I would never know to ask.

I use my airconditioner when it is hot outside. I just wanted to know why I was feeling no difference between the two modes, outside and inside air circulation. To me, they are doing the same thing, which means one might not be working. Again, I am just trying to find out if this is "normal" for an Infiniti becuase Acura does it differently. I liked to feel the actual fresh air coming in, and noticed it right away that the Infiniti does not have fresh air blowing into the car when I am in that mode.

Thanks for all the input.

Herschel

Old 02-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by trebien
It's because the fresh air ducting that used to be directed into the A/C vents is now being directed into the ram-air intake for those extra 3 HP.
!!! If that is true, I guess it makes sense. !!!

Old 02-13-2007, 05:02 PM
The manual states that if you hold down the freshair/recirc button until the lights blink, the climate control will be in a freshair/recirc auto-select mode. I know that some cars will automatically recirculate the air if the climate control detects impurities (e.g. excess amounts of carbon monoxide, exhaust fumes from the diesel truck in front of you, etc.) in the air. Is the g35 the same?? I've had my car for over a month, but never seen the auto-switching thing actually work. Maybe I should try finding a big bus to drive behind...[/QUOTE]

I don't have an '07 but this sounds like it will revert to "recirc" when it's very warm inside the car (sitting in summer sun). As the interior cools off, the system will decrease the fan speed and switch over to "fresh". It will repeat this cycle every time the interior temperature exceeds a given limit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Air Re-circulation Modes