G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Back hurts after sitting in G for a long time??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem on my Sport seats as well. I've done a couple of 2 -3 hour trips and no back problems at all. Make sure the lumbar support is set properly to your comfort and don't recline the seats too low.

The only problem I have is little numbness on my right leg just like Caveman666. Maybe it's because I really step on the gas pedal enjoying the speed rush on the freeways.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be totally obvious, but...
On the premium sport seats, don't forget to adjust the front section of the seat to better support your thighs... There is a handle on the very front of the seat (almost like an old-school seat-slider lever).
JZ

Old 02-14-2007, 08:28 PM
I spent over 10 hours driving from PA to NC and I agree with those that say the seats could be MUCH more comfortable. I have the Sport, and they are extremely adjustable, however they are just not very comfortable for long trips. I'm actually a little disappointed with them, but maybe I just prefer something less sporty feeling. For comparison, I've traveled over 16 hours straight in my wife's Odyssey and not had a problem with those seats--but then again....it is an Odyssey and not a G. Anyway....just my $.02

-Jason

Old 02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
Does any ones elses back ever hurt when sitting in their 07' Sedan for long periods of time? I rencelt drove from Ftlauderdale to Orlando (3hrs) and i noticed my back hurting and when i got back and started going to work this week it did the same thing. I tried to adjust the seat in diff positions but it still had pain. My old man sat in the passenger seat last week and he told me his back hurted as well. I am 24 yrs old and have never had any back problems in my life!!! just want to know if anyone else has had this problem in their G35..

Thanks!!
It's really funny you posted this, because the day I got the car (Warren Henry in North Miami) I drove straight back to Orland with it and couldn't get over how comfortable I was in the seats.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Interesting enough, I took a 4 hour trip yesterday and my back was hurting. It was only one side, the middle right back. I don't know if whether being 6'1" affects things, but it's not as comfortable as my Acura MDX (I wouldn't expect it to be, very different cars). I also don't know if it's because my legs are more "straight" as opposed to a more sitting position in the SUV.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
Does any ones elses back ever hurt when sitting in their 07' Sedan for long periods of time? I rencelt drove from Ftlauderdale to Orlando (3hrs) and i noticed my back hurting and when i got back and started going to work this week it did the same thing. I tried to adjust the seat in diff positions but it still had pain. My old man sat in the passenger seat last week and he told me his back hurted as well. I am 24 yrs old and have never had any back problems in my life!!! just want to know if anyone else has had this problem in their G35..

Thanks!!
Have you made any changes to your lifestyle recently? I started my current office job in 2006 at 24 and after that I started to experience back pain. I hadn't had any problems with back pain before that, it only started a few weeks after I became a desk jockey. Something to think about before deciding that you don't like the seats. You may want to start doing some simple back stretches, it's something that helped me a lot.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by pangpang77
Interesting enough, I took a 4 hour trip yesterday and my back was hurting. It was only one side, the middle right back. I don't know if whether being 6'1" affects things, but it's not as comfortable as my Acura MDX (I wouldn't expect it to be, very different cars). I also don't know if it's because my legs are more "straight" as opposed to a more sitting position in the SUV.
this is the same exact area in which my pain started lol

its like the middle right of it....

anyways i adjusted the lumbar support and it has helped dramatically....wanna know something funny..i didnt even notice i could make that change on my sport seats...anyways hurting or no hurting im infatuated with this car so ill deal with it

Old 02-15-2007, 11:27 AM
I think the biggest thing you can do is play around with the settings on the seat and steering wheel.

In my current car, I need to recline the seat a bit, or else the angle of the seat bottom and seat back hurt my lower back, and need to keep the wheel both low and reasonably far away, so my arms are stretched out a bit. Otherwise, I feel increasingly uncomfortable on long drives. In my previous car, it was the opposite, I needed the seat really low, because the steering wheel didn't telescope and if the seat was raised, it brought it closer to the wheel and made my arms/shoulders/upper back ache.

It's all in how you fiddle with the settings to get comfortable, especially on a long drive (when you may need different settings than you prefer for driving around town). Next time you take a trip, try to move the seat around a bit until you find what works.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I took a road trip(4+ hours). I used the seat heater(tried to anyways :P ) and stopped to stretch, also, make sure you have it adjusted properly.