G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Back hurts after sitting in G for a long time??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back hurts after sitting in G for a long time??

Does any ones elses back ever hurt when sitting in their 07' Sedan for long periods of time? I rencelt drove from Ftlauderdale to Orlando (3hrs) and i noticed my back hurting and when i got back and started going to work this week it did the same thing. I tried to adjust the seat in diff positions but it still had pain. My old man sat in the passenger seat last week and he told me his back hurted as well. I am 24 yrs old and have never had any back problems in my life!!! just want to know if anyone else has had this problem in their G35..

Thanks!!

Old 02-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
Does any ones elses back ever hurt when sitting in their 07' Sedan for long periods of time? I rencelt drove from Ftlauderdale to Orlando (3hrs) and i noticed my back hurting and when i got back and started going to work this week it did the same thing. I tried to adjust the seat in diff positions but it still had pain. My old man sat in the passenger seat last week and he told me his back hurted as well. I am 24 yrs old and have never had any back problems in my life!!! just want to know if anyone else has had this problem in their G35..

Thanks!!
I have not done any long trips in this car yet... I hope its comfortable on a long cruise.. Try using the seat heater next time. It really helps relax the back muscles and may make you more comfortable.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:53 AM
the seats are amazinlgy comforatable and adjustable. i have sport premium, though

Old 02-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Banned
your back will start to hurt no matter where u sit for 3hours straight

Old 02-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by oneformula
the seats are amazinlgy comforatable and adjustable. i have sport premium, though
So does the guy with the hurting back

Old 02-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope this is not the case. I'm selling my car mainly because of this.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by CarFreak
I hope this is not the case. I'm selling my car mainly because of this.
Me too. I sold both my "fun" cars for something more comfortable. I think I can make it work fine.. Will see soon enough..

Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27

Thanks!!
I've done one 4 hr trip in mine, and didn't have any surprising problems. But, advice for this (from various articles) is:
  • Make sure your lumbar support is set, but is not too obtrusive
  • Change the position of your seat from time-to-time (forward, back, etc.). Don't just stay in one place.
  • Stretch periodically; all muscles become cramped when sitting for long periods

Good luck!

Old 02-14-2007, 10:37 AM
NUCLEI-G
When i First got my G I drove around the Town for almost 3 hours. I did not have a back pain. I guess it all depends on how you adjust your seat.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:27 AM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've suffered through back pain for many years and found my old 2003 G35 to be a very comfortable car. Before the 03 G, I would never take a long road trip. After selling it with over 100000 kms this was no longer the case.

With my new G I've found the right settings for me and continue to have no back pain. Hopefully you will find your correct settings. Remember to stop and walk or stretch.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:31 AM
The longest I have been in my new G is one hour, driving up and down the freeways in Southern California. The roads around here are very rough and the car does get knocked around a bit. But I have not had any back problems. It does depend how you adjust your seat. For example, I am in an automatic, and I put the seat all the way down and then as far back as I can go and still reach the brake. Then I tilt the front part of the seat up a little so that it pushes me back, I have my hip cushions completely deflated, and the back boosters are up enough so that I feel them and i dont slide around when going through turns. The lumbar support is on only slightly. The steering wheel is angled so that I can reach my arms straight out with a slight elbow bend. That is how I roll.

Maybe your back hurts because of how your hands rest on the wheel, so play with the telescoping steering wheel so that there is less pressure on your upper body.

Herschel

Old 02-14-2007, 12:03 PM
I HAVE back problems and find these seats extremely comfortable...
That lumbar support is perfect.

Only thing that hurts is my knuckles from gripping the wheel so hard during acceleration. LOL.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:18 PM
wow i must be the only one...i mean dont get me wrong the seats were very comfy and all of the sudden it started hurting?? owell maybe it was just my wrong setting in the car for 3 hours that gave me a little pain..i will try not to lay down in my car while i drive long trips

Old 02-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Most comfortable seats I've ever experienced in a car, luxury or otherwise.

But then again, I don't ever sit in the car for more than 3 hours straight.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:24 PM
I have done a couple 4 hours plus trips and experienced no back pain. I did find that my right leg would start to get a little numb. I moved around, made stops etc. still would happen. But I do love the seats, I'm sure it'll break in a little or I'll find a little different position.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back hurts after sitting in G for a long time??