G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Heated Seat Solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exactly is the issue with the heated seats? Both of mine seem to be working....am I missing something?

Old 03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by MY07G35SPN
IMO almost all dealerships will wait out on this fix until an offcial TSB has been issued by Infiniti.
agreed.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by J. Diddy
What exactly is the issue with the heated seats? Both of mine seem to be working....am I missing something?
some (many) people are experiencing some of:
- only the back portion of the seat heats up
- the heat does not come on at all
- the heat is not very warm at all
- no differnce in settings (hi vs. low)

Old 03-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by sjharris
some (many) people are experiencing some of:
- only the back portion of the seat heats up
- the heat does not come on at all
- the heat is not very warm at all
- no differnce in settings (hi vs. low)

OK, then my seats don't work. lol

Only my backs heat up and they don't get very warm.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Wow, some of you are really getting bent out of shape about this. Heck, I live in a colder climate and I don't see it as really a big deal. Infiniti is aware of it, a TSB will be issued, and the problem will be corrected. Nothing really to lose sleep over IMO.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Wow, some of you are really getting bent out of shape about this. Heck, I live in a colder climate and I don't see it as really a big deal. Infiniti is aware of it, a TSB will be issued, and the problem will be corrected. Nothing really to lose sleep over IMO.
werd2bigbird

Old 03-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will say that, part of owning a luxury sedan is that they actually listen to customer complaints. if this were a ford, Chevy, Toyota or Honda. your complaint would be filed in the paper shredder. I am thoroughly impressed at Infiniti's response to everything so far, especially for a car that's only been out for 5 months and has what 12K in production in the US? it's impressive we've already had some TSB's and dealers are aware of the issues.

Most dealers for non-luxury cars first off could care less about researching your issue, let alone escalating your issue for investigation.

No car comes off the line after a remodel perfectly, so you IMO you really do need to give a round of applause to Infiniti for identifying, acknowledging and putting effort toward resolving these smaller issues.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I agree. I've had my G since early November and the ONLY thing I have noticed is the seats could heat a little faster when in High mode.

I am totally happy with the overall build quality! (However, if the rear window defogger doesn't clear the window quicker, I'll go back to my Envoy!! )

Old 03-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Here is a picture of the connectors being installed in my car today. I gather the connectors are both the same, which sort of surprised me, since the symptoms are different between passenger and driver.

Here is the first page of the preliminary install bulleting showing the procedure. Seems like a fairly easy install, just need to be careful removing the seat so nothing is damaged.

I'll get my car back at the end of the day. I'll let you know how the seat heaters work.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Thanks for the update Mike.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by mikepro
They should fire who ever wrote that. That is some nice engrish.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to this Work Instruction Sheet, they will not have to remove the seat from the car. They will simply remove the bolts from the floor and tilt the seat up. Then they will remove the back cover of the seat by unhooking the straps. Then they will place this jumper wire between the floor wire connectors and the seat heater connectors. Let us know how it works.

Last edited by Tiger; 03-12-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:27 PM
i am looking forward to seeing if this works. i will be using my heated seats even when it is warm out if these get fixed.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Did someone at the factory occasionally forgot to use two harnesses per seat and not two harnesses per car? I'm off to count the wheels.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Well, here is an update. I can confirm that the passenger seat and back now both heat. Also, it seems that the drivers seat was more powerful on high. I couldn't really tell however, since it was about 50 degrees out when I picked up the car. I'll try and do some more testing when it gets cooler and report as to the performance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Solution