G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

i LOVE my 07 G35S... but very much dislike 06 and prior...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i LOVE my 07 G35S... but very much dislike 06 and prior...

i craved, and bought, an '07... never interested in the prior ones, even after driving them.

my car got in an accident, so i drove an 05 last week and jsut got an 06 today until my car is repaired.

WOW! i REALLY don't like anything about the 06!

looks: meh
interior: 4 out of 10
no one touch windows on rear, no screen, no turning lights, no aux inputs, the handling doesn't compare at all...

my 07 is the best car i've ever had. but i would never have bought an 06

Old 03-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by oneformula
i craved, and bought, an '07... never interested in the prior ones, even after driving them.

my car got in an accident, so i drove an 05 last week and jsut got an 06 today until my car is repaired.

no one touch windows on rear, no screen, no turning lights, no aux inputs, the handling doesn't compare at all...

I own an 07, but I still love the 1st gen G35. They are the beauties that got me started with Infiniti. Too bad you never got to enjoy one because they are awesome rides. I still drool over some of the beautiful 03-06 sedans people have on this site

Last edited by GEE35FX; 03-15-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well we hate you too!!!

^
|
|
|
|
-jealous-

Old 03-15-2007, 10:55 PM
i'm dead serious. the two generations are worlds apart

Old 03-15-2007, 10:58 PM
I Love My 06

Old 03-15-2007, 11:11 PM
N50
i'm dead serious. the two generations are worlds apart
The sad part is that there are still people out there that assume the second gen is just like as the first. I've had to plead some friends and family to check the new G out because they've either had a bad experience with Infiniti in the past, or, they didn't like anything about the first gen. and it left a bad taste in their mouth. Like you, oneformula, I think that both gen's are world's apart...and this is coming from someone who liked the 03-06's.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude...opinions are opinions, and on the forums you can obviously state yours. But to beat on the other G owners' rides, when obviously THEY like them...? Seems a little harsh.

I know you miss your G tho

Old 03-16-2007, 02:10 AM
The G you're bashing probably saved Infiniti from demise...
I LOVE the design and still think it is original and well balanced.

Not that you have to be in love with the design, but you should at least appreciate the root of your new G's design.
Everything you like about the 07 was born from the previous versions.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:01 AM
oneformula, I'll stand with you. I totally agree. I've driven the 1st gen in the past, and loved the powertrain, but the rest of the car really didn't do anything for me, interior or exterior. I'll leave out all of the gripes I had about it because of the audience.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:06 AM
I liked the first gen sedans, I really liked the coupes, I had 2 of em. I LOVE this new sedan though. Its pretty much everything I have wanted in a car...and as of now every yuppy rich kid isnt driving one *cough (bmw) cough*

Old 03-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I still love the 1st generation G35s as well. While I like my 07 more than my old 03, the 03 was still a damn nice car. IMO, the only thing that is worlds apart is the interior. I definitely wouldn't say the exterior of the 07 is worlds apart from the 1st generation.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Dude...opinions are opinions, and on the forums you can obviously state yours. But to beat on the other G owners' rides, when obviously THEY like them...? Seems a little harsh.

I know you miss your G tho
not trying to beat down anyone's ride. i specifically posted this in the 07 forum to try to avoid offending anyone.

my opinion: i don't care for much of anything on the 1st gen. i LOVE the 2nd gen.

not my opinion, but fact: 1st gen and 2nd gen are extremely different vehicles. NOT small steps apart.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:28 AM
not trying to beat down anyone's ride. i specifically posted this in the 07 forum to try to avoid offending anyone.

my opinion: i don't care for much of anything on the 1st gen. i LOVE the 2nd gen.

not my opinion, but fact: 1st gen and 2nd gen are extremely different vehicles. NOT small steps apart.
They are not that different... it is an evolution on an existing design. There are many improvements... but one just needs to look and see that its still the FM platform, the same series VQ35 engine and the same body with a more sculptured look. The biggest improvement is the interior.
Yes.. its all been updated... but its not new. I too think its a nice improvement over the previous gen... but its not a radical change.

That being said... I would not have bought the previous gen

Old 03-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by CarNutz
They are not that different... it is an evolution on an existing design. There are many improvements... but one just needs to look and see that its still the FM platform, the same series VQ35 engine and the same body with a more sculptured look. The biggest improvement is the interior.
Yes.. its all been updated... but its not new. I too think its a nice improvement over the previous gen... but its not a radical change.

That being said... I would not have bought the previous gen
evolution, taken to extremes.

the radio on the 06 has about 6 pixels showing what preset you are tuned to. cna't tell with a magnifying glass. fit and finish are not close. ***** and swichgear have terrible tactile feedback- worse than the subaru (STi, but imprezza switchgear) i just sold. and i can go on.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:03 AM

This is CIVIL WAR

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i LOVE my 07 G35S... but very much dislike 06 and prior...