G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

First Compliment Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Bad Toro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sjharris
Cool. I see from your signature that you are getting your's Saturday. Are you getting it from the Greenwich Infiniti then? Got mine in Fairfield
Nope. Infiniti of Greenwich sucks. Got my coupe from Devan in Fairfield back in 03', and am getting the sedan from them again. ....working with Brian.

Great guy and great dealership.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by SPEEED
Nope. Infiniti of Greenwich sucks. Got my coupe from Devan in Fairfield back in 03', and am getting the sedan from them again. ....working with Brian.

Great guy and great dealership.
That makes me feel better about getting mine in Fairfield then. I worked with Manny. Great delearship. I have nothing but praise for them. I imagine some of it is because they are good and some of it is because this is my first luxury car experience.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
As hard as it is for people to believe...

NOT everyone loves their BMW.
A friend of mine just got rid of his '06 330i - it was in the shop twice a month minimum.
+1

Some BMWs are notorious for recurring problems. And Infiniti service is cheap compared to BMW.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:21 PM
omg... wow

Old 03-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Chrlesmd
+1

Some BMWs are notorious for recurring problems. And Infiniti service is cheap compared to BMW.
A friend of mine is a huge BMW fan. He has a 330i and an M3. His big quote about Infiniti is:

"Infiniti has about 9/10 of the performance of a comparable BMW for 7/10 of the price"

I really liked the handling of the BMW when I took it out. It was too expensive for what I was getting though (and the inside was a little small).

Old 03-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A friend of mine is a huge BMW fan. He has a 330i and an M3. His big quote about Infiniti is:

"Infiniti has about 9/10 of the performance of a comparable BMW for 7/10 of the price"
I agree 100%!

BMW has about 4/10 of the technology of a comparable Infiniti.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Bad Toro
That makes me feel better about getting mine in Fairfield then. I worked with Manny. Great delearship. I have nothing but praise for them. I imagine some of it is because they are good and some of it is because this is my first luxury car experience.
I go there mainly because of their great service staff. Free oil changes, they are always nice and courteous, always have loaners, and never gave me any problems with aftermarket equipment I had on the coupe.

Infiniti of Greenwich is two blocks from my work place. When I went shopping for the sedan I thought giving them a chance (they didn't exist when I bought the coupe). What a joke , these clowns have a typical mentality of Greenwich people. Their sales manager talked down to me as if he was selling me a Ferrari... When I finalized my deal at Devan, I went back there and waved my order documentation. That put that clown in his place and made him understand that if he keeps on talking to his customers with that kind of an attitude, I won't be the last customer he loses...

Old 03-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Yep, Stamford, CT

The one on Elm Street actually, it is close to my office in Stamford.
Is that the one across from a McDonalds off Atlantic (Exit 8)? I have 2 friends right around there...

Old 03-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
Is that the one across from a McDonalds off Atlantic (Exit 8)? I have 2 friends right around there...
Nah, that would be Starbucks by the city library.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:57 PM

I really liked the handling of the BMW when I took it out. It was too expensive for what I was getting though (and the inside was a little small).
I agree.. but there is a certain amount of refinement and other intangibles that the BMW has which the infiniti lacks. People obviously see the value in that and are willing to pay for it.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by SPEEED
I go there mainly because of their great service staff. Free oil changes, they are always nice and courteous, always have loaners, and never gave me any problems with aftermarket equipment I had on the coupe.

Infiniti of Greenwich is two blocks from my work place. When I went shopping for the sedan I thought giving them a chance (they didn't exist when I bought the coupe). What a joke , these clowns have a typical mentality of Greenwich people. Their sales manager talked down to me as if he was selling me a Ferrari... When I finalized my deal at Devan, I went back there and waved my order documentation. That put that clown in his place and made him understand that if he keeps on talking to his customers with that kind of an attitude, I won't be the last customer he loses...
I have had that type of experience at a few places. Devan did not treat me at all like that. I would recommend Devan to everyone and anyone.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:17 PM
great story, but i doubt he was talking abotu the 335. from my experience, germand cars have the performance and ride, japanese cars have the reliability and technology. now if only a german and japanese comany can come together and build the ultimate car......and now back to reality

Old 03-16-2007, 04:19 PM
you are probably right. i would have talked to him more but i was already late for work. i was still in shock that he came up. i have never had anyone mention anything to me about the car since i got it. it felt pretty good.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I was steered in Infiniti's direction by a BMW guy. He overheard me talking on the phone at work to BMW with a brochure in front of me. I had already test drove a couple of different models and was looking to buy one. He told me to check out the G35 and the M35 and do some comparing. I went to the Infiniti dealership, test drove a G, and fell in love. Not to mention I was actually treated like a person at Infiniti and not just a customer. When I visitited the BMW dealership, I stood at the main entrance of the sales floor for close to 20 minutes before someone spoke to me. It took about two minutes at Infiniti, and they were short staffed due to an automobile convention. My test drive was longer, the salesman was more knowledgable, they gave me an awesome deal, and from the research I did, Infiniti's service dept. was 100x better than BMW's. All in all, I am more pleased about my experience with Infiniti than I am with BMW. Not only the service I was given, but the car I now drive.

There is way more to the story, but my point is, f@#$ BMW.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Let's not turn this into Infiniti vs BMW thread, and most importantly lets not starting BWM bashing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Compliment Today