G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Preview Braking..I'm Confused..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Preview Braking..I'm Confused..

Well I looked in the manual, but I still don't fully get how this feature actually works. Does a little screen pop-up in the screen between the spedometer telling to you to brake when the car infront of you is too close to the G? So how does this whole "Preview Braking" thing work? It's always on anyways isn't it? The button on the steering wheel (on the right side) underneath ON/OFF button for cruise control is the car with the three bars under it (or something like that, can't remeber fully)...that's the ICC button to control the distance for the laser beam correct? Is that only for curise control or for also the preview braking? Thanks

Old 04-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Preview braking has two different features, the first that is "always on" is the brake charging. Basically when you are approaching something fast or you are very close to a vehicle in front of you, the system will charge up the brake system in anticipation of you needing to use the brakes quickly. I've felt this before, it turns the brake pedal really hard and the slightest press on the brakes is amplified. I thought I remember reading somewhere that preview braking also alerts some of the other safety systems that you may need to make an emergency stop or evasive maneuver.

The second part of preview braking only works when the ICC is enabled and set. It give out an audible alert when you are approaching something at a high rate of speed. The system is alerting you that in order to properly stop the driver may need to intervene since the ICC can only apply 25% brake-force. If the ICC ever starts beeping and flashing on the screen, that's when it's kicked in, if that happens, put your foot on the brake and you will feel how hard it is.