G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

What is Wrong with my Car???!!!????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is Wrong with my Car???!!!????

Okay my car has been acting a bit flakey lately but I figured its a new car it has kinks and it seems to correct itself so I wasnt really bothered..

so about 2 weeks ago I go to start my car and it wont start.. the seats wont move no horn etc. so I tried everything the light was flashing on my dash like there was no key but there was.. then my husband has to push my car out of the garage and down the driveway into the street (had to use the drive lock thing to get the tranny out of park) and then jump starts my car with his truck.. (no idea why the battery died???)

so then all seems well but then later I notice the remote wont lock or unlock the car it just work with the door button.. but then a little later in the day it starts working again...

Now for the past few days my seats keep going to the #2 position when it is supposed to be associated with #1 which is getting old fast.. and sometimes even if I press #1 it wont move my seat AT ALLL.. and my husband says his setting is off also..

anyways so now my remote stopped working again!! it wont lock or unlock from the remote but the door buttons work.. what is going on?

also.. the other day my car wouldnt start it said no key but I had it in my hand.. so then I used the remote to lock/unlock the door and then the car saw the key and turned on..

any ideas??? is this normal or do I need to bring it in?

Old 04-14-2007, 03:04 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by IsaG35
Okay my car has been acting a bit flakey lately but I figured its a new car it has kinks and it seems to correct itself so I wasnt really bothered..

so about 2 weeks ago I go to start my car and it wont start.. the seats wont move no horn etc. so I tried everything the light was flashing on my dash like there was no key but there was.. then my husband has to push my car out of the garage and down the driveway into the street (had to use the drive lock thing to get the tranny out of park) and then jump starts my car with his truck.. (no idea why the battery died???)

so then all seems well but then later I notice the remote wont lock or unlock the car it just work with the door button.. but then a little later in the day it starts working again...

Now for the past few days my seats keep going to the #2 position when it is supposed to be associated with #1 which is getting old fast.. and sometimes even if I press #1 it wont move my seat AT ALLL.. and my husband says his setting is off also..

anyways so now my remote stopped working again!! it wont lock or unlock from the remote but the door buttons work.. what is going on?

also.. the other day my car wouldnt start it said no key but I had it in my hand.. so then I used the remote to lock/unlock the door and then the car saw the key and turned on..

Do both remotes behave the same way? I guess it doesn't matter ... take it in. Even if one works and the other does not, they will have to re-pair the key to the car.

It doesn't sound good if it needed a jump start already.

Last edited by terrycs; 04-14-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:13 AM
This is MORE than ODD.
Call the dealer immediately. As in NOW.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Do both remotes behave the same way? I guess it doesn't matter ... take it in. Even if one works and the other does not, they will have to re-pair the key to the car.

It doesn't sound good if it needed a jump start already.
Not sure if both remotes are acting up since it doesnt always do this.. it will probably work again tomorrow.. which makes it more confusing..

I cannot believe I had a dead battery it was soo embarassing with my new dealer plates and my hood up in my driveway.. not a good advertisement for Infiniti..

I still have no idea how or why the battery died.. I was sooo upset and wanted to yell at the dealer but my husband said to wait and see if it happened again.. maybe we left something on? I think everythng has a timer though right??

Old 04-14-2007, 03:25 AM
I actually find it hard to believe you would 'think' this is normal...

Maybe this is a joke or something - this is NOT normal.
Please let us know what the dealer says.

...then my husband has to push my car out of the garage and down the driveway into the street (had to use the drive lock thing to get the tranny out of park) and then jump starts my car with his truck.. (no idea why the battery died???)

Old 04-14-2007, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
I actually find it hard to believe you would 'think' this is normal...

Maybe this is a joke or something - this is NOT normal.
Please let us know what the dealer says.
well I guess I mean normal as in it seems to correct itself (for the most part) but then the issues come back..

I guess I am just used to computers and needing a reboot.. I just hate bringing it to the stealer and want to avoid it at all costs..

Old 04-14-2007, 03:36 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
well I guess I mean normal as in it seems to correct itself (for the most part) but then the issues come back..

I guess I am just used to computers and needing a reboot.. I just hate bringing it to the stealer and want to avoid it at all costs..
Also ... if it happens again, stick the remote into the port under the left side of the steering column. If it works, it would indicate a bad remote battery and it wasn't picked up by the car.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Bad Toro
Something is definitely wrong with your fob and/or the intelligent key system in the car. The intelligent key (if jacked up), may have drained the battery as well. Assume for a second that the system is screwed up and stuck in a stage of trying to determine positions. You may have left the car overnight, while the system kept on moving the seats, steering column, and mirrors all night long - which would drain the battery rather quickly.

Take it to the dealer - something is definitely off.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:13 AM
It could be something in the car but I'm thinking it's the key(s). One of my two I Keys died on me. It wouldn't unlock or start the car. The batteries in the key and in the car were fine, but the car couldn't sense it (at least not as a valid key for my car). This happened even with the fob in the handy slot meant to be used when the key battery goes. I was stranded and had to get back to my house and grab the other key which started it fine.

I brought it to the dealer (make sure you bring ALL the keys) and they replaced the dead key and reprogrammed everything. The dealer said that mine was the 6th one they've had come in dead. Kind of scary. Now it's all working well again, but when I go far from home I'm planning on bringing both keys.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Brian
^ Do what he said, and good luck. The car is under warranty, so don't hesitate to bring that bad boy in and have him looked at. It might be a "common" issue that the dealer is aware of too.
Good luck

Old 04-14-2007, 01:09 PM
I cannot believe I had a dead battery it was soo embarassing with my new dealer plates and my hood up in my driveway.. not a good advertisement for Infiniti..
Dont feel bad.... a few years back my sister picked up a new Lexus LS.... and within a week her battery died..... usually if cars have been sitting in the lot for a long time it can happen.

For other issues....I will definitely take it to the dealer.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Thumbs down Same thing happened to me...

So I just bought a Black / Graphite Sport with Prem / Navi and had the car about 2 weeks.

I go out to the Mavs game with a carload of friends, you know, just showing off the new ride.

So we get out of the Mavs game and I come up to the car and unlock it at the door. I get in and put my foot on the brake, push the button, and nothing happens but a "No Key" light displays on the dash.

So I spend about 15 minutes with the manual option inserting the key in and out trying all sorts of combinations. The interesting thing is that whenever the key goes in the slot, the steering wheel and seat moves to my position, the interior lights are on, etc....so the problem is not the battery.

Enter Infiniti Roadside Services....I call them up and explain everything in a high level of detail...car won't start, lights are on, seat and steering wheel move, etc. They tell me it will be under 45 minutes and they will have someone out to correct the problem.

Great, I think, they must have a fix for this or something. In the meantime, I run about a 100 yards away thinking I may need to re-pair the key with the car kind of like a reboot...but doesn't work.

So a Geo Tracker pulls up and this guy gets out with a battery jumpstart. I tell him it's not the battery but he can give it a shot. So he realizes it is not the battery and calls Infiniti RS and they tell me they need another 45 minutes to get a towtruck. Meanwhile, my friends are now calling their friends to come and get them since this new Infiniti G is now dead and useless. It is cold and misty and my friends are just cracking up about the whole experience.

So the tow truck arrives and what do you know, they can't get the car in gear, they don't have the proper equipment, so Infiniti RS gets on the phone and apologizes and tells me it will be another 45 minutes for the proper tow truck with the proper equipment to get there...

I tell them that I am sick and tired of waiting around for them to figure things out and that I am leaving the useless key under the useless mat of the useless car. (My friends are already gone at this point and my brother has driven 35 miles to come and pick me up).

So I wake up next day and talk to the dealer, who knows nothing about my car or its whereabouts. I call Infiniti RS and they say the car will be at the dealer in 75 minutes. Whatever.

I call back and talk to the dealer and they tell me that they are looking into why this happened and will try to have the car delivered to me for the inconvenience.

So a couple of hours go by the dealer calls back and what do you know the analysis is that the key fob slot mechanism under the dash is bad and they have to get another one so they ask me to come out to the dealership and they will give me a loaner.

I get out to the dealership and they tell me that they don't have the parts - it will likely be a week so they set me up in a new FX 35, which isn't bad, but it's not a new G...so here I sit spending x amount of money on a brand new car that I can't drive...

I bought a new car so I wouldn't inherit someone else's problems....what a joke.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:29 PM
CONGRATS on the NEW G! PICS??!!

Just kidding. Not really funny at all. Sorry.

Since we've seen this a few times now, sounds like you're not alone.
I'm wondering if the 2nd key works? Or if the RFID on the fob somehow changes. More likely it's the car losing the code for the fob... since you can get it into accessory mode. Very odd problem.

You should be enjoying the new G - not getting embarrassed about it...

Old 04-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by oicu8sum2
I bought a new car so I wouldn't inherit someone else's problems....what a joke.
OMG that is HORRIBLE.. I am glad mine died on at home and not out somewhere especially with friends..

That is just too bad.. I wonder what is wrong with our cars?

I am thinking my other key is okay but havent had time to check it yet.. plus whats weird is my remote just starts working again.. sooo crazy...

I still love my car though she is just sick