G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Disabling Door Lock Window Rolldown??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Disabling Door Lock Window Rolldown??

Hey guy's! has anyone figured out a way to Disable the Window Rolldown feature with the Door Lock key? I heard and Read guy's cars were getting broken into buy Puncheing the keyhole on the drivers door, and rolling down the Windows!! Now I Modded mine thank's to another member on here. I took out the Drivers door lock cylinder, and repalced it with the passenger sides Cap, so it looks like the passenger door handle without no Key Hole showing. But Only Downside is that if your Car battery dies! you will never get into your Ride, Since there is no keyhole anymore!, So I am asking if there another way to Disable that Key Hole Rolldown Window feature, without removing the entire keyhole cylinder? So we can still get into out cars with the regular Key, and the Thieves cant punch the Lock and roll the windows down!? Hope to hear some better Input than the Mod I did! It's fine, but now I fear that my Remote does not go haywire sometime, and not respond to the car, or my Car Battery dies, I would half to break a window to get into my G!

Old 04-22-2007, 12:13 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Hey guy's! has anyone figured out a way to Disable the Window Rolldown feature with the Door Lock key? I heard and Read guy's cars were getting broken into buy Puncheing the keyhole on the drivers door, and rolling down the Windows!! Now I Modded mine thank's to another member on here. I took out the Drivers door lock cylinder, and repalced it with the passenger sides Cap, so it looks like the passenger door handle without no Key Hole showing. But Only Downside is that if your Car battery dies! you will never get into your Ride, Since there is no keyhole anymore!, So I am asking if there another way to Disable that Key Hole Rolldown Window feature, without removing the entire keyhole cylinder? So we can still get into out cars with the regular Key, and the Thieves cant punch the Lock and roll the windows down!? Hope to hear some better Input than the Mod I did! It's fine, but now I fear that my Remote does not go haywire sometime, and not respond to the car, or my Car Battery dies, I would half to break a window to get into my G!
There was a thread which showed how the lock mechanism works on earlier generation Gs with photos, but I can't find it anymore. As I recall, there are supposedly several ways to do it ... There was a mechanical link on the lock cylinder to keep the mechanical key from rolling down the windows, so one solution was to disconnect the link. Another method was to cut a wire, but that would keep the ikey from rolling down the window. Sorry, I couldn't get more detail for you.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
There was a thread which showed how the lock mechanism works on earlier generation Gs with photos, but I can't find it anymore. As I recall, there are supposedly several ways to do it ... There was a mechanical link on the lock cylinder to keep the mechanical key from rolling down the windows, so one solution was to disconnect the link. Another method was to cut a wire, but that would keep the ikey from rolling down the window. Sorry, I couldn't get more detail for you.

thank's Terrycs! Well there was a Rod connected to the Cylinder lock on the door, Wish just removing that would have worked, but think that rod was partly used to unlock-lock the doors with the Key, and was also used to roll Up & Down the windows! So I disconneted that small rod, But seems there is no other way to use the Door handle Lock to just open and close the door itself? Hopefully someone else on here knows of another way

Old 04-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
step one: put on tin foil hat

Old 04-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get good insurance for your car :\

don't have to worry about this

Old 04-22-2007, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by calibur45
get good insurance for your car :\

don't have to worry about this

HAHA i have Full Coverage! But When I put Expensive Stereo stuff in Car, and some A-HOLE can roll down my windows and take whatever he wants does not Sit with me too WELL! I am just trying to do any preventive maeasures and to make It Harder for all the Fools who think stealing and messing up someones ride Is fun! better to be Safe than Sorry and Mad after it happens to you Wish Nissan just made this Window thing Roll up With the key, not Both, My 03 Accord can only make the Windows go up with the key hole! Nissan should change this Option, since I don't even use the Feature anyway!

Old 04-22-2007, 04:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 808MIKE
HAHA i have Full Coverage! But When I put Expensive Stereo stuff in Car, and some A-HOLE can roll down my windows and take whatever he wants does not Sit with me too WELL! I am just trying to do any preventive maeasures and to make It Harder for all the Fools who think stealing and messing up someones ride Is fun! better to be Safe than Sorry and Mad after it happens to you Wish Nissan just made this Window thing Roll up With the key, not Both, My 03 Accord can only make the Windows go up with the key hole! Nissan should change this Option, since I don't even use the Feature anyway!
i feel ya :\ damn thiefs!

Old 04-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
[Wish Nissan just made this Window thing Roll up With the key, not Both, My 03 Accord can only make the Windows go up with the key hole! Nissan should change this Option, since I don't even use the Feature anyway! [/QUOTE]

But you thought it was a cool feature when you first saw it though. The price of technology.