G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

07 Intelligent Key - Recall?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone try locking the new keys in the trunk? I just got my new keys so I did a walk around testing the sensor locations unlocking both doors and trunk, and then i tested the trunk lock. Took one key way out of range, and threw the other key in the trunk. Before it would beep and pop back up. Now it doesn't. I don't know if something else screwed it up, or what.

Edited: never mind. Apparently, the range of the key is better than i thought. I had the other key about 15 ft away, and that wasn't far enough away. Had to take it inside the house, then it worked.

Last edited by dopey; 09-17-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got new keys today from Miller Infiniti,CA. It took them 30mnts. So far no problem!! They told me that it took them 3 hours to do it first time!!

Old 09-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Did anyone actually get new FOB's? because I had mine at the dealership do mine today and when I got back to work I noticed I still have the same FOB's? Was it the internals they replaced or did they just reprogram them?
Thanks

Old 09-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by c2t'sG35x
Did anyone actually get new FOB's? because I had mine at the dealership do mine today and when I got back to work I noticed I still have the same FOB's? Was it the internals they replaced or did they just reprogram them?
Thanks
I think they replace the whole fob, but i haven't done it yet so I'm not sure. I actually went today to do it. I made an appointment, came in early and they said after 30 minutes of waiting they couldn't do it because their computer wasn't working properly so i would need to take it to another dealership. But they did change out my grille though. Still, what a PITA.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks
Yes... they should have given you new ones.. i even kept one of my old fob

Old 09-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by blindS!de
Yes... they should have given you new ones.. i even kept one of my old fob
Why did you keep it?

Old 09-25-2007, 10:16 PM
I'll call them tomorrow to verify because they gave me my original FOB's back and said they made the change.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:25 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
They are suppossed to replace your old ones. The Tech Service Bulletin even shows you how to identify the old ones vs the new ones.

I'll call them tomorrow to verify because they gave me my original FOB's back and said they made the change.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
I just called and they said I got new FOB's but the key and key ring are transferred from the old FOB to the new FOB which makes sense. My FOB's had no scratches on them so the only way I could tell was by the slight build up of lint on the key itself which of course transferred over to the new FOB.
My bad!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I got the letter about replacement I-Keys yesterday...

I'm not sure if I'm going to go in for the new keys though since my keys are working perfectly. They've been in the same hand with my cellphone and the cellphone even rang a few times.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:10 PM
I got stranded 4 hours away thanks to this issue.

I live in MD and was up in lovely Trenton, NJ for a meeting yesterday. When I came out, the car was unresponsive to the starter button. I tried putting the keyfob into the slot figuring there was some interference or something.

The little key alert light was flashing on the dashboard. Still nothing. The battery was ok b/c the interior lights worked. I couldn't get into the trunk though and my buddy had all of his luggage in there. Eventually I realized I could open the passthrough and reach back for the "hey I got locked in the trunk" release.

I called Infiniti roadside service and they sent a flatbed. The closest dealer was 30+ minutes away and naturally it was NORTH of where I was.

When we got to the dealership there was no one left to fix it so I got a loaner (last gen G35x) and luckily had someone I was meeting with offer to let me stay with them. I finally got back to DC at 2pm this afternoon.

They gave me an extra fob to replace my spare key here at home. I was not happy about the situation and other than the tow/loaner, they really didn't go out of their way to make me any happier about it. I guess there wasn't much else they could do other than offer a hotel room since I was 4-5 hours away from home.

Attached Thumbnails 07 Intelligent Key - Recall?-1003071641.jpg   07 Intelligent Key - Recall?-1003071642a.jpg  
Old 10-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Holy crap - that completely sucks.

Does anyone know that if you schedule maintenance, will they make an effort to have extra keyfobs on site to swap out existing? I need to go in for the baby's checkup and would like to kill two birds with one stone.

I really don't want to have to deal with my keyfob not working when I need to get somewhere.

This most recent post has really raised my concern since there is no successful workaround available (i.e. putting the key in the slot - which is supposed to be the save all to keyfob issues).

Old 10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I had mine done when I was having my first service done.

Both keys need to be there and from the looks of it, they take apart your existing ones. Never booked it, and just mentioned it to the service advisor.

Once I was finished work, went back, picked the new keys up and the car. No problems.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks.

This morning I made the call to take the car in for service and the woman booking the appointment didn't know what I was talking about, but I am dropping off the car tonight and I will ask then. My dealer is pretty good and will make sure I have everything that I need.

....AND... I want to check out the coupe while I'm there!!! '

Old 10-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Anyone know if they fixed the key issues with the late 07's? Mine was delivered from the factory on Aug 28th.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 Intelligent Key - Recall?