G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

07 Intelligent Key - Recall?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by hyukki
We'll only be getting the new replacement keys only if the original ones fail right?

I wish they'd give everyone 2 new keys... it'd be nice to have.
The way I read the letter I recieved, it sounded like everyone is getting their I-Keys replaced that presently have an 07 sedan.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:23 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the way I understood the copy of the letter that was posted here. I think everyone will get new keys. I would assume in the order in which the cars were purchased so those of us who haven't had our cars that long are likely to get them last.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by trey's wife
That's the way I understood the copy of the letter that was posted here. I think everyone will get new keys. I would assume in the order in which the cars were purchased so those of us who haven't had our cars that long are likely to get them last.
I hope not. I'd hate for the keys to fail on me before I get the new keys...

Old 06-14-2007, 08:35 AM
it happened to me again yesterday. Went out to pick up some U bolts finished paying , went out to my car and key fob failed me again. Had to drive home and get the spare

Old 06-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Crossing fingers,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have a Razr V3 and have had no problems and I believe Garnet Canuck has the same phone with no problems.
Ruh roh - I have a Razr 3i, and keep it and the i-key in separate pockets. However, today unlocked the car, got in, hit the start button...and "no key". Doh! Got out, locked the car, unlocked it again, and this time it found the key and started up. So...not sure what to say about this, since it eventually worked it sounds like a different problem, but who knows.

I also just realized that I keep my phone and i-key in the same kitchen drawer, and sometimes my phone is left on...

Old 06-21-2007, 12:42 AM
H2S
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One Dead, the other won't open the doors- Both Replace at Service

Thankfully, I was able to get new keys during my 1st service. One key would not do anything but not let me lock the door while it was inside. The other key would not open the doors, but would allow me to start. They gave me two new keys. I hope these last unitl the new ones come out.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:33 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by treacherous
Out of curiosity I emailed Infiniti about this issue since I never received the bulletin. I thought all cars are affected but found their response interesting.

Response: "Your vehicle does not have the concern with the I-key."
Seems like I'm on the same boat as you.

I didn't get any thing from Infiniti but my keys still work fine. I've had the phone and the key in the same pocket like 2 times and it still works.

I was sooo scared when the phone rang and realized I had th keys in there with them.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:55 AM
I have a Blackberry pearl (8100) and I always keep them in the same pocket, never had any issues. Still excited to have 4 keys whenever they release them

Old 07-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Out of curiosity I emailed Infiniti about this issue since I never received the bulletin. I thought all cars are affected but found their response interesting.

Response: "Your vehicle does not have the concern with the I-key."
Must be based on VIN or build date. What is the build date of your car ( sticker at edge of drivers door)?

Old 07-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Build date is 1/07.
My build date is 12/06 and I did receive the letter. No issues to date, but I did get the letter.

Perhaps those with build dates Jan 2007 and after do not have the issue, and those with Dec 2006 and earlier might have the issue.

For those who reported issues to date, is your build date Dec 2006 or earlier?

Old 07-01-2007, 01:34 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I'm guessing it's a cell phone issue. I brought my car home the last week of December and no problems with the Ikey.

I guess I can say there are no issues with the AT&T 8525 and the IKey.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:57 PM
If members are so inclined, how about summarizing by appending to this email, ie build date/cell model/ issue or not / member, ie

1) Dec 06 / Blackberry 8100 / no issues to date / ThatsMyG
2) ..

Old 07-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Went out to start my G on Friday 6-29. Opened the door and the headlights came on. Tried to start it and it stated "NO KEY". Stuck the fob in the slot and still got the NO KEY message. Went in and got the other key fob and everything worked fine. Called the dealer who said both keys would need to be re-programmed. Took it to dealer yesterday morning and confirmed 1 key fob would still not work. When I picked it up yesterday afternoon, the tech said they could not find anything wrong and that both keys worked fine! When i tested them, both started the car as normal. Anyone else had the same experience with the Key "repaing itself" ? Hope it doesn't leave me stranded somewhere that I have to call Infiniti Roaad Service.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:06 PM
my question is why is this problem not fixed yet? why dont we have the new keyfobs? I've had this car for 8 months and they still havent fixed a pretty important and drastic vulnerability..

I store my phone and the key together all the time; only some cell phones scramble the keyfob code, and I surmise my phone is not one of them.. but still, what if a friend puts THEIR phone next to my keys, what if I lend my car to someone, what if I get a new phone? I'm going to be stranded wherever I am? I dont see that as an acceptable possibility..

Infiniti really needs to fix this..

Old 07-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by GLove
I have a Blackberry pearl (8100) and I always keep them in the same pocket, never had any issues. Still excited to have 4 keys whenever they release them
the new keys would probably have their own code right..? so your old ones would be deactivated?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 Intelligent Key - Recall?