G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

07 G35 Sedan TOPS OF ITS CLASS by Consumer Reports!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Nice to see the G sedan getting some good press. They did a great job on the new model.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:55 AM
Z2G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CarNutz
Consumer reports is great for rating toasters and lawn movers... but they suck when it comes to cars... Unless you want to know which one has the deepest cup holder or biggest glovebox.
Yet you call them experts when they choose the G and think its funny when they pick the BMW all the time as their best pick.
BMW's are not for me... But I do appreciate their engineering and going the extra mile to do it right when others are just trying to cut back and save money.
You need to take what I say at face value--that is, that the new G rated tops in its class in Consumer Reports. That was all that I was saying. I have NEVER criticized Consumer Reports reviews. So, I don't know where you getting that?!?!? Also, about my statement about mags always rating BMW's as number one, I was actually referring to other car mags.

Either way, I just think it's nice that our G's are getting some nice reviews. If you don't like it, then, why are you on this forum?

Last edited by Z2G; 05-07-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 AM
We looked at a well (not overly) equipped S40 last night b/c my GF likes them, $35,000 for that little thing. No Nav, or anything?!?! I was shocked!

On a side note, I love how we all applaud the 'un-biased' results when OUR car whens an award?!?! haha. When those hated BMWs win, its always always biased.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Z2G
You need to take what I say at face value--that is, that the new G rated tops in its class in Consumer Reports. That was all that I was saying. I have NEVER criticized Consumer Reports reviews. So, I don't know where you getting that?!?!? Also, about my statement about mags always rating BMW's as number one, I was actually referring to other car mags.

Either way, I just think it's nice that our G's are getting some nice reviews. If you don't like it, then, why are you on this forum?
I never said I didn't like the G or that it doesn't deserve good reviews... But CR is a joke when it comes to rating cars... especially performance cars. So when you quoted them as "experts" and then the comments about BMW from the other mags.. so the other car mags don't have experts since they like BMW? Just sounded funny.