G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Aftermarket wood trims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aftermarket wood trims

I wanted the wood trim for my car but they were hard to get with the option I wanted. There was only one in Texas last month and this month. Anyways, the dealer showed me after market wood trim for the G that just came out and I thought it looked good. It has the shiny feel to it like all other wood trims on other cars instead of the real wood look of the rosewood trim. Has anyone got them installed on their car?

Old 05-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would not get the aftermarket wood trim. Most see it as a tacky add-on that belongs on cheaper cars. I think it would hurt your cars resale value too.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:41 PM
there's a picture of the aftermarkets in the photo forum.

it looks fu*king nasty!!@!@ shiny and plasticky and un-integrated.
breaks the flow of the dashboard.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:13 PM
^^ Yeah, I don't like it. I would just order one with Rosewood.

And the thing I don't get about the dealer wood is why they cover up parts of the car that aren't supposed to have wood (i.e side doors where the window switches are)?

Old 05-15-2007, 07:42 PM
i hate aftermarket trim because it's not a panel replacement- just a cover. how retarded does that look? ugh... talk about ghettofabulous!

Old 05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Gee guys, you could have simply said you did not like and that it was not for you. You didnt have to throw my car under the bus like that.
So much for my warm welcome into the forum.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Ya, i really don't like the fact that it is a stick on and the plasticly look. I already got my car with out the wood trim bc. I didn't want to go through the hassle of locating the car with the price I want which would mean traveling a few hundred miles. I also don't like the washy aluminum trim that much. Oh well, I think it would be wise to just start enjoying it with out the wood look and save the $600 bucks the dealer quoted me. May be 08s will have better looking interior and I will trade in my 07.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by hunniebuni
Gee guys, you could have simply said you did not like and that it was not for you. You didnt have to throw my car under the bus like that.
Haha, welcome dude! As long as you like it, that is all that matters. It still looks good but not as good as it would have been if it wasn't a stick on. I think most people that buy the G35s don't care much about the inside look (the luxury feel other cars BMW and Mercedes have). I was surprised at first when I found out it was so difficult to locate a car with the wood trim. Whenever I think of luxury cars, I think of wood trims.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I didn't like the washi finish. I got the rosewood trim, and am very glad that I did. I actually prefer it to the shiny wood that is used in many cars. Wood furniture isn't shiny, so why should wood used in cars look shiny and "plasticy"? If I couldn't get the wood trim, I would stick with the washi finish than an aftermarket wood trim. IMO, the rosewood finish was well worth it at $300 MSRP (though overall, I got a decent deal for the car).

Old 05-15-2007, 09:16 PM
coming from lexus's shiny wood trim, i'm liking the look of the matte wood of the g35 more and more.

wood can't be overdone. just a touch here and there.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Eclipse2G35
Ya, i really don't like the fact that it is a stick on and the plasticly look. I already got my car with out the wood trim bc. I didn't want to go through the hassle of locating the car with the price I want which would mean traveling a few hundred miles. I also don't like the washy aluminum trim that much. Oh well, I think it would be wise to just start enjoying it with out the wood look and save the $600 bucks the dealer quoted me. May be 08s will have better looking interior and I will trade in my 07.
Another option to the "stick-on" stuff

http://www.exoticwooddash.com/coating.asp

Old 05-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah... a bit rude. Most posts are a bit more tactful.
I think you guys scared hunniebuni away.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:39 PM
G-Squad DJ =)
hunniebunni was probably a real hot broad too hooters ... either that or well...u know... lol

but back on topic - i am absolutely 100% happy with my choice for the rosewood trim - well worth the money and i woulda waited for it if need be - i just woulda like the steering wheel to have some rosewood on it - but maybe thats an overkill i dunno - i tend to like it on some cars and despise it on others so maybe its better w/o on the G

as for the stick on woods - not a huge fan although i am sure it would look MUCH better if you didnt apply the whole package and instead just cover up the washi and thats that

Old 05-16-2007, 09:26 PM
I know everyone is just very enthusiastic about their likes and dislikes - and obviously no one meant to mean. Why would you? I just joined the forum, I have not given anyone enough time to dislike me yet.

So hate my car, but love me. Ok fellas?

Old 05-16-2007, 09:39 PM
I know everyone is just very enthusiastic about their likes and dislikes - and obviously no one meant to mean. Why would you? I just joined the forum, I have not given anyone enough time to dislike me yet.

So hate my car, but love me. Ok fellas?
Welcome to the forum hunniebuni...glad to have you here

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket wood trims