G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

A Sad Conclusion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:30 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spacecowboy
The only people who have confirmed actually having anything even in a research phase, not even testing, are STILLEN. Greddy said they had nothing on the drawing board yet when I talked to them. Turbonetics, the same. I went through the mods for the coupes and previous sedans, made calls to whoever I could, emailed the rest, and that's the response I got. Stillen I know is almost done with an intake besides what they have already. They are having trouble supercharging the double throttle body. They told me 6 months, and it might be done.

So, yeah. I stop rambling now.
And you expect them to tell you that something is in testing and being worked on so that you will call them every month to see if it is out yet?

Old 05-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Viguera - there are more than enough 07 z's and g's on the road to merit production. It's not like we're the only car on the road with this engine. And the Z is definitely Nissan's aftermarket performance car. So it's not like anything that's made won't sell. I can understand not producing a large amount of cat backs, because of the sheet metal cost, storage, etc. But suspension components, intakes, plastics? Cheap and easy, regardless the R & D cost.

Trey's wife - I call because I want it for MY car, not adapting last year's parts for this car. Also, I have built engine parts before, I do know how long it takes to test fit, and 8 months is plenty of time.

I just hope and want more. No one has delivered what I'm looking for yet.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Believe it or not, the guy I talk to at Stillen loves when I call. We talk about sports, cars, women. I give him a nice break every time I call.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Believe it or not, the guy I talk to at Stillen loves when I call. We talk about sports, cars, women. I give him a nice break every time I call.
Leave him alone so he can get BACK TO WORK!!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Viguera - there are more than enough 07 z's and g's on the road to merit production. It's not like we're the only car on the road with this engine. And the Z is definitely Nissan's aftermarket performance car. So it's not like anything that's made won't sell. I can understand not producing a large amount of cat backs, because of the sheet metal cost, storage, etc. But suspension components, intakes, plastics? Cheap and easy, regardless the R & D cost.
We all know that the G35 coupe and the Z are the telltales that companies use to gauge interest on a particular performance part. From there they move on to the G35 sedan and the Maxima, then the rest... coming from an 04 Maxima I can attest that it sucks to see all the good stuff go to the Z first...

But at the end of the day, that's the breaks. Coilovers, springs, intakes and everything else takes money to produce in bulk. They cost money to package and print manuals and related materials and they sure as hell cost money to store in a warehouse somewhere.

They won't do it unless there is enough of a market. A car -- a sedan at that -- that has been on the market for 8 months is not big enough of a platform. Most of the hardcore enthusiasts got a coupe, and the ones that got a sedan probably got a coupe too that they're modding.

If I manufacture a part for an 06, I know it's gonna be until at least the end of 06 before my target audience buys it. And when it's time to make an 07 part, I gotta remember that all my 06 guys just modded their cars, so I have to wait. It's basic economics... you don't make things when a few people want them, you make them when you're sure there's gonna be enough demand for it.

But seriously though... put together a group buy for a Stillen intake for the 07 sedan. A part that's supposedly a few weeks away. I bet you that you'll get 10-20 people at the most... Stillen is making probably a $12 profit out of the whole thing.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Being an electrical engineer, I can tell you for a fact that it takes a while to go from R&D to fabrication, prototyping, testing, certification, patent etc etc etc. It's a long process, but in the end, the finished product shows what this long process has done. You can obviously tell which sh** products have been rushed out and not properly tested. Patience will pay off. I'd rather have great quality well-tested products come out later that improve performance, than some piece of crap that will potentially ruin the car.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:29 PM
My horns hold up my halo

Trey's wife - I call because I want it for MY car, not adapting last year's parts for this car. Also, I have built engine parts before, I do know how long it takes to test fit, and 8 months is plenty of time.

I just hope and want more. No one has delivered what I'm looking for yet.
Believe me, I share your frustration about there not being hardly anything in the way of aftermarket options for us. It is very irritating to have no real options unless you want to be a guinea pig. I just disagree with it being plenty of time already. But that's what is great - you don't have to agree with me and I don't have to agree with you. I haven't been trying to come off like an ***, I was just trying to give you some other angles to think about. No point in being frustrated about something you can't change. Try to chill and enjoy your car in the meantime.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:30 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
What you talking about............there is plenty parts
To name a few
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...19600163QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racin...19511867QQrdZ1

And there is plenty more.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by JOKER
What you talking about............there is plenty parts
To name a few
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...19600163QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racin...19511867QQrdZ1

And there is plenty more.
Yeah... add the oil filter and fuel line magnets, and you're modding in style... and putting 600 rice horses to the wheels no less.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:41 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
^There is OIL FILTER that ads horse power?

Damn...........I'm living in the past.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by JOKER
^There is OIL FILTER that ads horse power?

Damn...........I'm living in the past.
Don't be silly... that's just stupid. It's an oil filter magnet...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-F...spagenameZWDVW

LOL

Old 05-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by trey's wife
And you expect them to tell you that something is in testing and being worked on so that you will call them every month to see if it is out yet?

Old 05-22-2007, 03:55 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Oh, I was just messing with him a little. I did a winky so surely you know I wasn't seriously trying to be mean?

Old 05-22-2007, 04:06 PM
[sarcasm]

i just imagine that [sarcasm] starts almost every post

besides, if it weren't for people (like me) who bothered companies to get moving, no one would have anything. i'm seriously considering sending my car to someone so they have a base to work with.

[/sarcasm]

Last edited by spacecowboy; 05-22-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:21 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Hey now! It's not fair to assume that every post starts with sarcasm. I try to make it pretty plain when I am being sarcastic. If you always assume that then some things that aren't meant bitchy would certainly come across that way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Sad Conclusion