G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

A Sad Conclusion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Sad Conclusion

companies just aren't doing anything really great for the v36 infiniti g35 sedan. whether it's engine parts manufacturers, from crower to cosworth, bolt ons from greddy to stillen, no one is even trying yet. every phone call i make, every person i talk to, says

"Well, we might get around to test fitting previous model parts on the 07, but i don't think we'll have anything concrete to tell you for at least 6 months."

And there is a total lack of JDM parts for the car too. This search is disheartening, to say the least.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Dude...the car juss came out! This aint a Honda where you can throw parts at it. These cars are more sensitive and R&D is very important to make sure those parts don't alter the performance in a bad way. So be patient!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by ORANGEBSRT
Dude...the car juss came out! This aint a Honda where you can throw parts at it. These cars are more sensitive and R&D is very important to make sure those parts don't alter the performance in a bad way. So be patient!!!

+11111111111111111111111111111

Old 05-22-2007, 02:06 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ORANGEBSRT
This is true. It took a while for companies to produce aftermaket parts for the first gen vehicles.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:06 PM
They might be scratching their heads and saying: "Damn. We can't improve on it!"

Old 05-22-2007, 02:10 PM
car has been out (esp japan) for over 8 months, near a year. that's plenty of time to make parts for an engine.

they make parts for the 2.5HR in japan, from what i've seen. why not the 3.5? and don't tell me that they can't figure out how to make it better. Being part of the mod car world means that you believe that ANYTHING can always be improved upon.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
They might be scratching their heads and saying: "Damn. We can't improve on it!"
That is true!!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Hey you got one thing that us 1st gen ppl don't have......CHOICE OF BODYKIT!!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:18 PM
My horns hold up my halo
It doesn't matter how long the car has been out in Japan and frankly I think it is a bit much to say that "no one is even trying". I can tell you for absolute FACT that is not true. They are working on things but do you have any idea how long it takes to develop a product and test it and work out the kinks? I am frankly shocked that anyone even has an exhaust or anything out yet.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Let me add here, I've had the car almost a half a year, and a little bit about me:

1. I am extremely impatient.
2. After being beat off the line by a 335i coupe, i wanna go faster.
3. I'm excited because this is the first import I've owned, and all my friends have modded imports. I was the truck guy in the group, and now I wanna be the fast guy.
4. Did I mention I'm not very patient?

I think what bothers me most is the attitude I get when I call, people are snotty and they say "Well, did the site say we had anything?" If your website were reliable, I wouldn't have to call, for one. Two, if no one calls, you probably wont be in a hurry to make anything for the car. Three, if I don't call, then you don't need a job. (Actually hung up on HKS, won't be buying anything from them after that experience)

So yeah, that's why I'm dying here!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:21 PM
N50
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
It's pretty much that way these days (unless you have knowledge some serious electronics)...and I'm not taking just about the G, here.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:24 PM
It's all in the recouping of R&D costs. They know that if they start working on "mod x" it will still be months before enough people buy it to make it financially viable for them -- that goes for almost any company.

Think about it... most companies don't make things to order, because it's just more expensive that way. So if Stillen wants to turn a profit on an intake, they have to make like 4,000 of them or some crazy crap like that, then they have to turn around and sell of that stuff. They have to fabricate all kinds of parts, buy materials, injection mold the housing, whatever... then there's packaging, etc.

Now today you can organize a crazy cross-forums group buy and you still wouldn't get more than 100 people to give you money for this... There's a lot of interest, but that's it... a lot of people are just waiting for the different parts from different vendors before they make their decision. In the meantime Stillen has 3,800+ intakes sitting in a warehouse collecting dust.

Companies know they don't make money like that... money you spend today to recoup in 5-6 months (when you sell enough units) just looks bad on the balance sheet, so they probably have the parts ready and waiting, and when they feel the market is right, they'll move on to fabrication.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:25 PM
N50
Originally Posted by viguera
It's all in the recouping of R&D costs. They know that if they start working on "mod x" it will still be months before enough people buy it to make it financially viable for them -- that goes for almost any company.

Think about it... most companies don't make things to order, because it's just more expensive that way. So if Stillen wants to turn a profit on an intake, they have to make like 4,000 of them or some crazy crap like that, then they have to turn around and sell of that stuff. They have to fabricate all kinds of parts, buy materials, injection mold the housing, whatever... then there's packaging, etc.

Now today you can organize a crazy cross-forums group buy and you still wouldn't get more than 100 people to give you money for this... There's a lot of interest, but that's it... a lot of people are just waiting for the different parts from different vendors before they make their decision. In the meantime Stillen has 3,800+ intakes sitting in a warehouse collecting dust.

Companies know they don't make money like that... money you spend today to recoup in 5-6 months (when you sell enough units) just looks bad on the balance sheet, so they probably have the parts ready and waiting, and when they feel the market is right, they'll move on to fabrication.
Yep, exactly.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:26 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by spacecowboy
I think what bothers me most is the attitude I get when I call, people are snotty and they say "Well, did the site say we had anything?" If your website were reliable, I wouldn't have to call, for one. Two, if no one calls, you probably wont be in a hurry to make anything for the car. Three, if I don't call, then you don't need a job. (Actually hung up on HKS, won't be buying anything from them after that experience)
I can understand that you don't like getting an attitude when you call. The thing is you have to think about how many people are calling them and asking about every blasted thing. I realize that is part of running such a business but I'm sure it gets frustrating when people can't seem to realize that in most cases they don't get the cars any sooner than they are released and then they have to research the engine, etc and then determine what they think will make changes, build it, test it, tweak it, test it, and so forth. I honestly think you are being a bit ridiculous. Would you rather wait or spend money for something that DOESN'T WORK?

Old 05-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by trey's wife
It doesn't matter how long the car has been out in Japan and frankly I think it is a bit much to say that "no one is even trying". I can tell you for absolute FACT that is not true. They are working on things but do you have any idea how long it takes to develop a product and test it and work out the kinks? I am frankly shocked that anyone even has an exhaust or anything out yet.
The only people who have confirmed actually having anything even in a research phase, not even testing, are STILLEN. Greddy said they had nothing on the drawing board yet when I talked to them. Turbonetics, the same. I went through the mods for the coupes and previous sedans, made calls to whoever I could, emailed the rest, and that's the response I got. Stillen I know is almost done with an intake besides what they have already. They are having trouble supercharging the double throttle body. They told me 6 months, and it might be done.

So, yeah. I stop rambling now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Sad Conclusion