G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Free Carwash From Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2007 | 08:52 AM
I've had mine since November and get my car washed at my dealer at least every other week. I obviously can't say this for all dealerships, but my dealership does a fantastic job. One time I saw the guy who drove my car back from the car wash actually wipe off the hand print he left when closing the door. Now that's being thorough.

My car looks as good now as it did when I picked it up with 11 miles on it. No swirl marks or anything.

Old 05-25-2007 | 09:05 AM
the only time i let the dealer do a wash is if the car is really dirty and needs it, or if i plan on really detailing it that afternoon when i get it back. they can get off some dirt for me, and i'll take care of the rest.

Old 05-25-2007 | 09:51 AM
Traveling Administrator
No one touches my car except for me, no exceptions!

Old 05-25-2007 | 12:16 PM
I visit Sewell Infiniti every Saturday morning for my free car wash, news paper, beverages and cookies. They do a good job. I used to be like you guys and not let any one touch my cars, but now I just don't have the time. No one ever touched the 3 Firebirds I bought. The dealer didn't even prep them. This is what they all looked like when I picked them up.

Old 05-25-2007 | 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Bambeezer
I visit Sewell Infiniti every Saturday morning for my free car wash, news paper, beverages and cookies. They do a good job. I used to be like you guys and not let any one touch my cars, but now I just don't have the time. No one ever touched the 3 Firebirds I bought. The dealer didn't even prep them. This is what they all looked like when I picked them up.
Do you know how they wash cars at Sewell? I got my G from them and was unsure what kind of wash they do there. Is it touchless? My G is in there shop now, I miss it.

Old 05-25-2007 | 01:06 PM
Exclamation re washing and discussion

AS for washing, I never have anyone wash my car. That said, I feel the discussion here is certainly way out of line when a word such as "wetbacks" is used. This only shows ones iignorance and insensitivity!! We all do jobs we choose but unfortunately some people do not have the education or ability and are left with what they can do. I'm glad to see folks have credible employment and do not rely on our government to "pay their way".

Please aviod the flames!

LarryK

Old 05-25-2007 | 01:59 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by larry.k
AS for washing, I never have anyone wash my car. That said, I feel the discussion here is certainly way out of line when a word such as "wetbacks" is used. This only shows ones iignorance and insensitivity!! We all do jobs we choose but unfortunately some people do not have the education or ability and are left with what they can do. I'm glad to see folks have credible employment and do not rely on our government to "pay their way".

Please aviod the flames!

LarryK
No flames needed Larry, I completely agree with you.

Old 05-25-2007 | 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by larry.k

Please aviod the flames!

LarryK
Someone needs to develop a sense of humor.
Ever seen....

I hope not cuz a single tear might fall from your eye.

Old 05-25-2007 | 03:27 PM
Car Detailing

My wife drives the '02 QX4 and due to time constraints (family, work, etc.) has been washed at dealers, run through car washes (even the non-touchless ones ) for it's entire life. This past week I brought it to Kevin (Picus112) at GTA In Detail for a rejuvination. Let me tell you I don't think it looked this good newly bought! It's almost as if I bought a new vehicle for my wife and 2 yr old. (brownie points!) Kevin is a pro and as such can do wonders with vehicles. Here is a link to photos he posted on his website. http://gtaindetail.com/pics/qx4052207/
So for everyone like me who does not have or spend enough time washing/cleaning there car, there is still hope, just find a good professional like Kevin. By the way, in 2 weeks the G will be getting the " GTA In Detail" treatment can't wait and i will definetly post pics.

Old 05-25-2007 | 03:33 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
I only let my dealer vacuum my car, but no washes. I do that my self. There is nothing more pleasurable then to give a sponge bath to my curvy G. When she sits there all wet and covered in foam..........

Old 05-25-2007 | 04:33 PM
^^^ Agreed!

Old 05-25-2007 | 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian Driver
My wife drives the '02 QX4 and due to time constraints (family, work, etc.) has been washed at dealers, run through car washes (even the non-touchless ones ) for it's entire life. This past week I brought it to Kevin (Picus112) at GTA In Detail for a rejuvination. Let me tell you I don't think it looked this good newly bought! It's almost as if I bought a new vehicle for my wife and 2 yr old. (brownie points!) Kevin is a pro and as such can do wonders with vehicles. Here is a link to photos he posted on his website. http://gtaindetail.com/pics/qx4052207/
So for everyone like me who does not have or spend enough time washing/cleaning there car, there is still hope, just find a good professional like Kevin. By the way, in 2 weeks the G will be getting the " GTA In Detail" treatment can't wait and i will definetly post pics.
They seem very reputable. Here's a link of a red G35 they detailed:

http://gtaindetail.com/pics/g35042507/

And a black one (http://gtaindetail.com/pics/g35040407/):

Last edited by GoofyG28; 05-25-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-25-2007 | 05:30 PM
All I can say is... wow.

Old 05-25-2007 | 08:41 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
They seem very reputable. Here's a link of a red G35 they detailed:

http://gtaindetail.com/pics/g35042507/

And a black one (http://gtaindetail.com/pics/g35040407/):

Gary, just in case you don't know Kevin (whom is picus112 and owner of gtaindetail), he does mind boggling work on a car. We have a sticky in the Canadian section that showcases his work. I owe virtually all of my knowledge and experience to him.

Btw, here is some of my work.

https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/158081-my-first-customer-porsche.html

Old 05-26-2007 | 12:08 PM
My experiences at Infiniti of Nashville weren't very good re: "Free" car washes. They only do it on Saturdays and end at 3:00pm. My first two times I drove over there, I showed up at 2:00pm, and there was such a long line that they couldn't even get to me before they closed. So I probably wasted $4-5 in gas for the round trip, not to mention the time I wasted. It's a total inconvenience. Plus you should really tip the guy $2 for washing your car, so technically it's far from a free experience. I'd rather go around the corner to where I live, pay $8 and only have to wait 10 minutes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Free Carwash From Dealer