G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Climate Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climate Control

Is it just me or is the climate control in the G not very good. Always seems to be blowing about level 3, rarely, if ever 2, and never down to 1. Position of vents blows air on you hands always unless you aim them away from you completely. In my last car, Volvo S60R I set the temp. once and drove the car for 2 years comfortably, almost never changing the settings, unless I wanted to cool off quickly. In the G I am constantly changing vent direction, temperature, and adjusting fan settings during my 1/2 hour communte. Not much of a climate system really is it? It is very annoying.

Last edited by NewGMan; 06-05-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:07 PM
I haven't had any problems with my climate control. If it's really sunny out the fan never drops below the 2nd or third notch since it has to keep up with the baking air inside the car, but on a normal day, it drops to 1 once it gets up to the temp I want and occasionally pops up to 2 or 3 for short bursts.

my wife doesn't like the dual zone though, it seems the two zones use the same fan speed, and just changes the temp of the air blowing out. I don't know if other dual zone climate controlled vehicles do the same or if they have separate variable fans.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Spoon!
I've noticed the climate controls are kind of lacking. On my Acura TL it was rock solid. 68 degrees. I was never too hot or too cold, no matter what the ambient was.

In the G35, I could set it to 68, be cold as hell, or hot depending on how hot it is outside.

I usually go anywhere from 66 to 72 now.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my wife's pilot is so much better. i constantly have to change the temp setting. 72 could be hot or cold, depending on outside temp.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by NewGMan
Is it just me or is the climate control in the G not very good. Always seems to be blowing about level 3, rarely, if ever 2, and never down to 1. Position of vents blows air on you hands always unless you aim them away from you completely. In my last car, Volvo S60R I set the temp. once and drove the car for 2 years comfortably, almost never changing the settings, unless I wanted to cool off quickly. In the G I am constantly changing vent direction, temperature, and adjusting fan settings during my 1/2 hour communte. Not much of a climate system really is it? It is very annoying.
I agree 150% This is the one real frustration I have had on an otherwise great car. It's always blowing loads of cold air at me unless I turn it up to 80, but then it won;t cool things down enough

Old 06-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Mine adjusts down to fan =1 setting after bout 2 minutes of driving... I leave it at 72F and never move the vents or change the settings. Seems to work perfectly for me.
What am I doing wrong??

Old 06-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
Mine adjusts down to fan =1 setting after bout 2 minutes of driving... I leave it at 72F and never move the vents or change the settings. Seems to work perfectly for me.
What am I doing wrong??
Wish I knew what you were doing differently than me. From your local I am assuming your outside temps are higher than mine too. Even today at 83F outside it never dropped below level 3 on temp with in car temp set at 72, then 74, then 76, then 78, then at 80 it dropped to elv 2 eventaluy, but then it was getting uncomfortable in the car as it was not longer blowing cold air.

System cannot seem to balance temp of air it is blowing with blower level on my car.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:51 PM
I am guessing after reading a bit that the sun load sensor is not working properly in my car. I am going to have the dealership have a look at it when I take it in for the first oil change.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:20 PM
68 degrees on my previous Acura TL = 72deg on G
No complaints here, just the opposite.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I agree. The climate control in my G35 is terrible. Has anyone had any luck getting it repaired?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by dopey
my wife doesn't like the dual zone though, it seems the two zones use the same fan speed, and just changes the temp of the air blowing out. I don't know if other dual zone climate controlled vehicles do the same or if they have separate variable fans.
I think both sides do use the same fan speed. One thing I have started doing is adjust the air vents thumb adjustment just below each vent, you can control the amount of air flow from that single vent. It works really well. If someone is riding in the back seat and need more air. I crank up the fan speed and turn down each of the vents in front. This allows more air to flow into the back seat. If all the vents in the front are wide open, the back seat vents air flow is really wimpy.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:22 PM
mojokidd,
I've tried your suggestion but found that partially closing the vents increases the noise of the system. Joel

Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 PM
^^ I haven't noticed the increase in noise. I'll turn the SOW down and listen.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by treacherous
I find my G's A/C to be the coldest in any car I have ever owned. I like it!
^^ I second that

Old 06-06-2007, 06:59 AM
my wife's pilot is so much better. i constantly have to change the temp setting. 72 could be hot or cold, depending on outside temp.
Same here. I don't have any real issue with the G's system, but I can pretty much set it and forget it in the pilot. In the G I need to adjust the temperature a lot more depending on outside temp/sun/etc.

Both vehicles are great at cooling off quickly though, did you know the pilot has two A/Cs (front and back) totalling 18,000 BTU? Good times!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Climate Control