G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Music box - updating missing titles: Search missing titles option disabled?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Music box - updating missing titles: Search missing titles option disabled?

Forgive me if this is a simple question answered in the manual. But I've had the system copy a CD to the hard disk and it's not in the CDDB and I am trying to use the instructions to update the missing titles as described here:

http://www.infiniti.com/music-update/

I've got the system on and in the music box mode and for whatever reason the "search missing titles" option is disabled when I navigate to Music box system info. What am I doing wrong here?

- car stopped, music box on and it's playing the album

Argh!

Old 06-18-2007, 12:03 AM
My horns hold up my halo
I hate to ask a maybe silly question but you do have the compact flash card in the slot right?

If not, that may be the problem. If so, I'm not sure but hopefully someone else will know.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There could be several problems. I've noticed that if there is any info on the CD, such as song tags or album name/artist name, it will not let you add is to the CF card as missing info. I've burnt several CDs that weren't recognized, then when I re-burn them and don't add any album info, it seems to recognize them as missing info and will let it download to the CF card.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Yes. I do have a compact flash already in the slot (with some existing MP3).
This is a rip of an original audio CD recently purchased. Unless there is a subtlety where just looking at some of the untitled tracks or album info makes the system think it's not missing anymore. I attempted to delete album, and stuck the CD back in; but it recognized the CD signature and retrieved the existing "deleted" album.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:49 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by bienson
Yes. I do have a compact flash already in the slot (with some existing MP3).
This is a rip of an original audio CD recently purchased. Unless there is a subtlety where just looking at some of the untitled tracks or album info makes the system think it's not missing anymore. I attempted to delete album, and stuck the CD back in; but it recognized the CD signature and retrieved the existing "deleted" album.
Ok, well I thought that seemed obvious but sometimes obvious isn't obvious.

I have had the same problem with trying to delete and it bringing back the same tracks. I have yet to figure out how to overcome this one.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP how are the tracks displayed on the MB screen? Are they date stamped? Or are they only showing up as Track1, Track2, etc.?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
OP how are the tracks displayed on the MB screen? Are they date stamped? Or are they only showing up as Track1, Track2, etc.?
They are showing up as timestamped.

Your question makes me wonder if I can only do this when the CD is recording it for the 1st time with the actual CD and only in that window? Again, I've also had the original back in the CD and attempted to see if it's active and no dice. I will see if others have ideas or continue to experiment; but I haven't got that many "new" CDs that are in not in the CDDB info.

Or is it the case that that if I ended up modifying some part of the album info. I believe I may have set the Mood on it; that the software then thinks I"ve customized the album info and therefore won't make it available for being retrieved. I.e. some software backup to prevent folks from clobbering or overwriting their customized (manually entered) album info?

Thanks

Old 06-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by bienson
They are showing up as timestamped.

Your question makes me wonder if I can only do this when the CD is recording it for the 1st time with the actual CD and only in that window? Again, I've also had the original back in the CD and attempted to see if it's active and no dice. I will see if others have ideas or continue to experiment; but I haven't got that many "new" CDs that are in not in the CDDB info.

Or is it the case that that if I ended up modifying some part of the album info. I believe I may have set the Mood on it; that the software then thinks I"ve customized the album info and therefore won't make it available for being retrieved. I.e. some software backup to prevent folks from clobbering or overwriting their customized (manually entered) album info?

Thanks
I hope you get it sorted out, I have not yet had any issue getting the find missing titles feature to work even on albums that were officially released the day I recorded them. Having said this I am probably asking for trouble, but for now I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.

Also, I have definitely used the feature hours after having recorded an album and after listening to several other sources on the SoW.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trey's wife
Ok, well I thought that seemed obvious but sometimes obvious isn't obvious.

I have had the same problem with trying to delete and it bringing back the same tracks. I have yet to figure out how to overcome this one.
You have to empty the deleted albums first. Kind of like emptying the trash on your PC. I think you do this on the MB settings - can't remember exactly where right now.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by douglas555
You have to empty the deleted albums first. Kind of like emptying the trash on your PC. I think you do this on the MB settings - can't remember exactly where right now.
Yeah I had to do this too before... I ripped an album and changed some of its info and afterwards the music box info wouldn't recognize it for whatever reason. I thought I deleted it from the car but as soon as I tried to rip it again, it showed up right away with the old info -- my guess is that the car "remembered" and just brought it back from the trash can.

Once I purged the trash and re-ripped it, it worked ok.

Sucks though, but I guess it's a logical progression... rip, update titles, then modify the album.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:36 PM
OK, kind of off-topic, but maybe not. Either way, didn't want to start a new thread, since this one was already here, and it deals with the MB. Listen to my two issues, and I hope someone has an answer, or at least an explanation.

(1) I ripped both discs of Bruce Springsteen live from the Hammersmith directly from the commercial CDs. The track names are there. The album name is there. The full artist name is there (Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band). For some reason, when scrolling by artist, Bruce doesn't appear. Both CDs appear under unknown (or unnamed--I forgot what it's labeled) artist. OK, I figure must be that the artist name is too long, so I cut it down to just Bruce Springsteen. No dice. Still in the unknown artist section.

(2) When sorted by artist, I was annoyed that any group that started with "the" was listed under "T" (e.g., the Rolling Stones is under "T," and not "R"). I figured I'd manually get rid of the "the" to avoid the problem, so I went through the trouble of deleting all instances of that word. Now, it says "Rolling Stones" when I'm in the editing screen, but it still sorts it by "the."

The MB is a great feature, but it does have its quirks. I'm just hoping/trying to work my way around them. Any help would be appreciated.

Noah "Kromax" Kromaksian

Old 06-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by douglas555
Ok. So I'm not sure what really did it. But I did decide to go the path of

1. deleting the album and then
2. purging any deleted items
3. I stuck the CD back in again and it was re-ripping and I went to the MB settings. I didn't see "Search Missing Titles" initially, but for whatever reason I went to CDDB version, got the version Number, popped back up; and then the option was available. I was able to export it to the compact flash and use the PC tool to find he title.

So I'm guessing it's some combo of the deleting the album and doing a full purge.

Thanks all. I'll see how future CDs go.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Ok it happened to me now!!

I recorded a new album to the music box and it was immediately recognized by the gracenote database. The problem is that it shows up with the correct track names and correct album name but the artist shows up as "unknown artist". I went into the edit albums screen from the music box menu and the correct artist name is showing. Does anyone know how to correct this problem yet?