G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Looking for a new Car - Questions About 2007 G35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a new Car - Questions About 2007 G35x

hey guys. ive been a long stalker here, mainly looking at 2006 g35x's since i have been in the market for a new car lately. after i decided the old gen g35's weren't for me (dont want to buy used) i started looking around for other cars.

right now im driving a 2006 FX35...and quite honestly im just completely bored of it. its a very nice vehicle but even with some mods its like a slug and i dont really like the fact that i have a big huge SUV for myself, id rather like to move down to a sedan, not to mention a drop in my insurance.

ive been looking at;

2007 Infiniti G35x
2007 Subaru WRX STi
2007 BMW 328xi (possibly 335xi; too much $$ though)
2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

ive basically narrowed it down to the STi and G35x. the main reasons why i am seriously considering the G35 over STi is because with the premium package on the G35 they are priced almost the same and the g35 looks far better on the inside and outside than the STi...there is no comparison...the STi is just a fast car (i also liked the fact that i could have AWD and a 6MT transmission)

my main questions regarding the G35x are;

Lowering Springs/Coilovers - i have read people lowering their G35's but not so many for G35x's...are there any real springs MADE for the g35x? i would want something lower than stock but not too low. the stock rims are pretty nice but later on i would want to throw on some 19's and i would love the look to be more complete if it were a bit lower

also are there any coilovers for the g35x, possibly something with adjustable height ride? i would possibly want to increase the height after lowering it for winter.

Rearview Camera - driving the FX for a year (well 2 years...drove 05 but was stolen) i have become attached to the rear view camera...i simply love it. only problem is with a G35x (in canada at least) i cant get the tech package to obtain the rearview camera without getting navigation as well (which i don't want) are there any aftermarket options? i saw a post which had a camera attached to a license plate but that looks like somebody can just yank it off...are there any other options other than that?

Bose Studio on Wheels - if i got the G35x, i would opt for the premium package that comes with the Bose Studio on wheels...how is that system? i like a lot of bass in my music but i dont want to sacrifice clarity and sound either, will the studio on wheels be effective for me? also this system seems pretty sophisticated, would it be terribly hard to upgrade portions of the system like the speakers? how about the addition of aftermarket sub(s)?

Spoiler - i don't believe the G35x's come with the OEM spoiler, does it only come with the G35 S, or is it a factory option i can just add?

All in all i think the G35 seems like a great vehicle, and is certainly a great bang for your buck. i really love infiniti's, and hopefully i might see one in the near month or so...

Thanks.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by brown_fv
hey guys. ive been a long stalker here, mainly looking at 2006 g35x's since i have been in the market for a new car lately. after i decided the old gen g35's weren't for me (dont want to buy used) i started looking around for other cars.

right now im driving a 2006 FX35...and quite honestly im just completely bored of it. its a very nice vehicle but even with some mods its like a slug and i dont really like the fact that i have a big huge SUV for myself, id rather like to move down to a sedan, not to mention a drop in my insurance.

ive been looking at;

2007 Infiniti G35x
2007 Subaru WRX STi
2007 BMW 328xi (possibly 335xi; too much $$ though)
2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

ive basically narrowed it down to the STi and G35x. the main reasons why i am seriously considering the G35 over STi is because with the premium package on the G35 they are priced almost the same and the g35 looks far better on the inside and outside than the STi...there is no comparison...the STi is just a fast car (i also liked the fact that i could have AWD and a 6MT transmission)

my main questions regarding the G35x are;

Lowering Springs/Coilovers - i have read people lowering their G35's but not so many for G35x's...are there any real springs MADE for the g35x? i would want something lower than stock but not too low. the stock rims are pretty nice but later on i would want to throw on some 19's and i would love the look to be more complete if it were a bit lower

also are there any coilovers for the g35x, possibly something with adjustable height ride? i would possibly want to increase the height after lowering it for winter.

Rearview Camera - driving the FX for a year (well 2 years...drove 05 but was stolen) i have become attached to the rear view camera...i simply love it. only problem is with a G35x (in canada at least) i cant get the tech package to obtain the rearview camera without getting navigation as well (which i don't want) are there any aftermarket options? i saw a post which had a camera attached to a license plate but that looks like somebody can just yank it off...are there any other options other than that?

Bose Studio on Wheels - if i got the G35x, i would opt for the premium package that comes with the Bose Studio on wheels...how is that system? i like a lot of bass in my music but i dont want to sacrifice clarity and sound either, will the studio on wheels be effective for me? also this system seems pretty sophisticated, would it be terribly hard to upgrade portions of the system like the speakers? how about the addition of aftermarket sub(s)?

Spoiler - i don't believe the G35x's come with the OEM spoiler, does it only come with the G35 S, or is it a factory option i can just add?

All in all i think the G35 seems like a great vehicle, and is certainly a great bang for your buck. i really love infiniti's, and hopefully i might see one in the near month or so...

Thanks.
There are lots of aftermarket camera options. I'm unsure of there quality.

The factory spoiler is a option.

The G35 is a better overall car in comparison to the STi, but like you said, the STi is a hell of a performer. The G35 is a great performance/luxury medium.

Bose SOW: If you are an audio enthusiast, the SOW will disappoint you. It does not have deep bass. You have to turn the bass all the way up to get a decent amount. The overall system sounds good and I'll go as far as to say it's better than most OEM systems, but it's sound is relatively geared towards flat response.

Last edited by Virus; 07-05-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Make sure you do a search on this forum as some of the questions you've posed have been discussed on other threads...especially the SOW. Personally, I think the SOW has great clarity, nice volume, and good bass. Much better than the 03 G35 Bose upgraded stereo system.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The back up camera in the 07 sedan is amazing and much better than what you are used to on the FX. I can not see any cheap after market camera package that will be close to the quality of this one. The nav package is great, you get XM radio, the music box and CF card reader.

I completely disagree with Virus on the SoW, I think it has great acoustic range and makes driving in the G a very enjoyable experience. This is of course subjective and as jzoloto said there are many threads discussing the pros and cons of each of the option packages.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the replies. if i am correct, the back up camera on the 2007 g35 is the same that is on the M35/M45's, with the lines the MOVE as you turn the steering wheel. i guess in a sense its nice, but i actually perfer the one on the FX better just because the extra lines get in the way of seeing the full picture.

the only reason i wasnt 100% set on the G35x from the beginning is the lack of aftermarket parts, but after seeing and hearing the stillen dual intake and true dual exhaust, i am pretty much hooked on the G35x. only thing left is proper lowering springs

plus it will sure be fun giving those high performance coupes and sedans a run for their money in a big sedan

Old 07-06-2007, 07:34 AM
I guess I've just been spoiled over the years with aftermarket sound systems in my cars. I'm used to 3-5k aftermarket systems that are much more refined. I also have over 15k in home theater gear. I would like to reiterate that the system is good, not great for an OEM system. I've heard better and I've heard worse. I was a little disappointed after hearing the glowing reviews and comments on the SOW. However, that's why we have choices. Everyones taste for sound is different. What I may think sounds horrible, you may find quite pleasing. I'm quite ****

Old 07-07-2007, 08:59 AM
rear view camera

I dun understand why dealer doesn't install rear-view camera without NAV.

In Korea, rear-view camera is a standard without NAV.

Can anyone recomend any aftermarket rear-view camera?

Last edited by supergoldenbat; 07-07-2007 at 09:45 AM.