G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Auto transmission jerk or 'hiccup'

Old 10-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silverG2007
The dealership said my hickup was "normal." I don't really buy it.

A few other twitches that I noticed with the tranny.

1. When braking and coming to a stop, the tranny will downshift from 3rd to 1st at about 5-8mph, this keeps you from stopping smoothly. It's basically the REVERSE of what I'm describing when I accelerate slowly from a start.

2. When I lightly brake (in traffic) at about 40mph then give it part throttle again, the tranny is doing something wierd between 5th and 4th gear sometimes and it'll almost clunk into gear. Like there's slack in the drivetrain.

I dunno. I guess it'll have to get worse for the dealership to do something about it.
thats exactly how my 2003 acts, down to every sentence. the thing is my hiccups sort of went away though, i think it has something to do with the way you drive and the computer learning it, once i started driving a little harder the tranny would shift later, and then once i started driving soft the tranny would still shift later due to it learning how i drove and it doesn't jerk anymore.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tran2000
thats exactly how my 2003 acts, down to every sentence. the thing is my hiccups sort of went away though, i think it has something to do with the way you drive and the computer learning it, once i started driving a little harder the tranny would shift later, and then once i started driving soft the tranny would still shift later due to it learning how i drove and it doesn't jerk anymore.
Any way to reset the computer learning to change how it reacts (like reset the ECU or something)?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Friend of mine has this issue on an 06 sedan. So far the dealer has had the vehicle for 20 days (and it is currently at the dealership) trying to fix this issue. The dealer has now determined that the transmission valve body is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
G35x
Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds EXACTLY like my problem!!!

YOU RULE!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Bad Toro
The only hiccup I experience is when in MM

Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Well a follow up to my original post. I finally have made a service appt to have the 'hiccup' issue looked at. I see that when they complete the update to the cruise control issue (also in this week's appt schedule), this may fix this problem anyway. I am definitely going to take a tech out with me before I drop off the car so he can experience this. BTW my sunroof trim piece has come undone for the 2nd time (after being fixed). Yes I am gonna have lots to discuss with the service dept later this week.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by silverG2007
The dealership said my hickup was "normal." I don't really buy it.

A few other twitches that I noticed with the tranny.

1. When braking and coming to a stop, the tranny will downshift from 3rd to 1st at about 5-8mph, this keeps you from stopping smoothly. It's basically the REVERSE of what I'm describing when I accelerate slowly from a start.

2. When I lightly brake (in traffic) at about 40mph then give it part throttle again, the tranny is doing something wierd between 5th and 4th gear sometimes and it'll almost clunk into gear. Like there's slack in the drivetrain.

I dunno. I guess it'll have to get worse for the dealership to do something about it.
Take it to another dealership. Or just keep bothering them.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by airhoppz
Take it to another dealership. Or just keep bothering them.
I'm going to have this done tomorrow.

"Maybe ITB07030?

https://g35driver.com/forums/showpost...07&postcount=1
"

Old 10-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does this apply to when I'm slowing down, my car jerks instead of stopping smoothly? Thanks.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by VtecVQ
Does this apply to when I'm slowing down, my car jerks instead of stopping smoothly? Thanks.
I think that's a different issue altogether. That's just the transmission downshifting when you slow down. My car does it, and the 2008 sedan I drove today does it as well.

Update: the dealer tried to say the jerking at 40mph was "normal" until we drove a 2008, and it didn't do it. They're ordering the part. I'll update on the progress.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 AM
G is finally back from dealer... my remarks

After first reporting my tranny issues (hiccup) on this thread, I finally got it back from the dealer last evening. The culprit... a valve assembly control arm. I believe there was a service notice about this, but my symptoms were a bit different than described in the notice. At the same time I had the cruise control issue re-programmed and the ECM done. So the car is running great and no more whiplash starts from an over sensitive gas pedal (trust me when you punch it... it is still a rocket).

They had it for almost a week trying to diagnose the problem. They really thought that the ECM flash would do the trick, but not for that symptom.

If any of you have noticed hard shifting/down shifting or a hesitation between gears (auto trans), then you may want to have this looked at since it was already a warranted issue with Infiniti.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Very useful info. I need to have mine checked out as well. I'll wait till I have my nice wheels off for the winter

Old 10-19-2007, 12:04 PM
^^ mine will do this while cruising at 3500 RPMs (80ish) for a while and then push the pedal slightly more to speed up (not enough to downshift). It studders, then a light thump, and then accelerates normally. Feels exactly like the converter is unlocking and then relocking right away.

Last edited by csdstudio; 10-19-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:39 PM
I've been having a similar problem also. When l start the car cold, l get this more or less choking / jering at aroun 1400-1800rpms. The problem is that even when l start the car in the car cold, this problem does not happen immeidately, l would have to drive for approx 1km, then the car jerks couple of times, and after that all is good.

I had the car bought to the dealer twice, the 1st time, they say that they can not duplicate the problem (computer wise, all is ok), the 2nd time, l gave them the car over night, and they were able to duplicate the problem, so according to the infiniti techs, the updated the software on the car.

Hopefully this works, since l just got the car back today. The dealer say that under infiniti's insturction, there is nothing that they can do to the car unless l take out my stillen exhaust, and the stillen intake out and put back the oem stuff in the car. Now that will reall suck....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto transmission jerk or 'hiccup'