G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Auto transmission jerk or 'hiccup'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also get it. Not sure if it's because I press too hard on the pedal, or the hiccup thing. Usually when I'm on a stop.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by MrJackSprat
After first reporting my tranny issues (hiccup) on this thread, I finally got it back from the dealer last evening. The culprit... a valve assembly control arm. I believe there was a service notice about this, but my symptoms were a bit different than described in the notice. At the same time I had the cruise control issue re-programmed and the ECM done. So the car is running great and no more whiplash starts from an over sensitive gas pedal (trust me when you punch it... it is still a rocket).

They had it for almost a week trying to diagnose the problem. They really thought that the ECM flash would do the trick, but not for that symptom.

If any of you have noticed hard shifting/down shifting or a hesitation between gears (auto trans), then you may want to have this looked at since it was already a warranted issue with Infiniti.
Does anyone have a PDF copy of the service bulletin for the valve assembly control arm problem mentioned here? It would help me with the service techs if I give them something to look for so they don't take forever trying to diagnose it.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:20 AM
Old 10-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
Does anyone have a PDF copy of the service bulletin for the valve assembly control arm problem mentioned here? It would help me with the service techs if I give them something to look for so they don't take forever trying to diagnose it.
I think he is looking for ITB07030. I don't see ITB07030 in the link above. Does anyone have a pdf of this ITB?

Old 10-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Yup...I was looking for the one above and didn't see it...

Old 10-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
G35x
Info here:
http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infin...RefNo=ITB07030
I don't know that I saw the original PDF when I posted about it here.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...07&postcount=1

Old 10-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
Info here:
http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infin...RefNo=ITB07030
I don't know that I saw the original PDF when I posted about it here.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...07&postcount=1
There is a PDF, but it requires a paid subscription, which I was hoping someone had and could get to the file...

Old 10-22-2007, 01:06 PM
That delayed response (fine when cold, but after a minute or so, it would act up) was the same issue that I hand.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
***UPDATE***

After waiting 3 weeks for teh part to come in, they DID NOT install the valve body. TSB 007030 is only for 2003-2006 sedans and 2007 coupes.

BUT, they did the cruise control TSB fix, and it FIXED THE THUD!!! So, I'm happy. No more thud at 40mph, no more thud when accelerating slowly from a stop.

Maybe the CC fix is a kinda tuning "cure all" update for the 2007 sedan.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:13 AM
there is nothing wrong with your cars!!!! its just the way you broke it in and its not to blame you personally but it happens to do with your daily driving. since dealers tell every one dont rev hard, people listen to that and their transmission does not wear in like most people want it to.

i reved my car hard for the first week that i had it and the result is that so far i dont see that glitch as much as you guys. however, since i am driving in more and more traffic every day I will experience the same thing too eventually. because of the wearing in at slow speeds.

think about it, this happens only at low rpms and regular driving speeds. the car is trying to be fuel efficient by doing its 2-3k rmps and then jumping into a higher gear which works on producing higher speeds to the differential. what do you think should happen?

Old 11-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by alekinci
there is nothing wrong with your cars!!!! its just the way you broke it in and its not to blame you personally but it happens to do with your daily driving. since dealers tell every one dont rev hard, people listen to that and their transmission does not wear in like most people want it to.

i reved my car hard for the first week that i had it and the result is that so far i dont see that glitch as much as you guys. however, since i am driving in more and more traffic every day I will experience the same thing too eventually. because of the wearing in at slow speeds.

think about it, this happens only at low rpms and regular driving speeds. the car is trying to be fuel efficient by doing its 2-3k rmps and then jumping into a higher gear which works on producing higher speeds to the differential. what do you think should happen?

Sorry dude, but you're just plain wrong.

First of all, since the dealership FIXED my problem...... uh...... that should speak for itself. (i.e. there was a problem)

Secondly, what the heck are you talking about with "breaking in" your transmission? Good one..... Not driving your car hard will make the transmission rough. Where exactly did you hear that?

3rd, I redline my car frequently. If anything, it'll just put more wear on the tranny, not keep it from driving rough.

Your post just rubbed me the wrong way. Just because your car doesn't have the same problem, doesn't mean the problem isn't out there. Bottom line, I GOT IT FIXED!!

Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by silverG2007
Sorry dude, but you're just plain wrong.

First of all, since the dealership FIXED my problem...... uh...... that should speak for itself. (i.e. there was a problem)

Secondly, what the heck are you talking about with "breaking in" your transmission? Good one..... Not driving your car hard will make the transmission rough. Where exactly did you hear that?

3rd, I redline my car frequently. If anything, it'll just put more wear on the tranny, not keep it from driving rough.

Your post just rubbed me the wrong way. Just because your car doesn't have the same problem, doesn't mean the problem isn't out there. Bottom line, I GOT IT FIXED!!
Just out of curiosity, what was that fix that they did to the car, since l too has a similar problem, and the dealer was able to replicate it, all they did was reflash my cpu, and claimed that was the best that they can do at this time, unless l remove all my after market goodies. however, the problem still exists. So l am considering changing dealerships to see if another dealer will fix this problem without me wasting money removing my aftermarket goods.

Many thanks for your inputs.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by JCFW
Just out of curiosity, what was that fix that they did to the car, since l too has a similar problem, and the dealer was able to replicate it, all they did was reflash my cpu, and claimed that was the best that they can do at this time, unless l remove all my after market goodies. however, the problem still exists. So l am considering changing dealerships to see if another dealer will fix this problem without me wasting money removing my aftermarket goods.

Many thanks for your inputs.
The exact symptoms were 4:

1. Not really a problem, but it was "fixed;" sensitive throttle.

2. While on cruise control, going downhill, the car would surge (kinda like playing with the gas, on, off, on, off every second.)

3. At slight throttle (20% or less) from a stop, the car would hesitate and kinda thump at around 1200 rpm. Now it's totally smooth.

4. At 40mph in 5th gear, with the TQ converter locked, if you let off the gas, you'd feel a slight thump, then slightly touch the gas and there'd be a hesitation and a more noticeable thump. It felt almost like slack in the drivetrain. All fixed now.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:43 PM
NUCLEI-G
My car did that too. I Think it is Normal I think you should have them upgrade your ECU. I just had mine done this Friday. It has changed this lousy shifting feeling. It shift much smoother now. I also think the ECU upgrade made my car faster.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Worse than this

I get like a really bad situation . When i accel from 0 the car like sounds as if its going 190 . im talking the car is not staying at a steady rpm. it just jumps all over the place. imma take it to infiniti tommorrow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto transmission jerk or 'hiccup'