G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Any other dog owners out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thats just inexcusable, sorry to hear about that. To be fair I dont know your particular situation either or what might have caused it. But I'll admit yeah I've run into a couple of bad apples here and there - people who just wont let go of certain things or who consider themselves above everyone else - but considering the number of adoption fairs we went to and people I talked to I consider it the law of averages.

I mean, if I went to the same number of mechanics as I have been to these fairs I guarantee I would have found a couple of thieving d-bags in the bunch.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
Well thats just inexcusable, sorry to hear about that. To be fair I dont know your particular situation either or what might have caused it. But I'll admit yeah I've run into a couple of bad apples here and there - people who just wont let go of certain things or who consider themselves above everyone else - but considering the number of adoption fairs we went to and people I talked to I consider it the law of averages.

I mean, if I went to the same number of mechanics as I have been to these fairs I guarantee I would have found a couple of thieving d-bags in the bunch.
Agreed! Glad you ended up with the dog you want though! Now take the pup for a ride!!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Heyyy a fellow hokie, nice. What part of VA are you from?

Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Bath rug

I went to Zeller's and bought a long, narrow bath mat with a rubber backing on it. I fold it and keep it in the trunk when my dog is not in the car. When my dog is with me, I know he won't be sliding around the leather seats because the rubber backing keeps the rug in place, and the rug is long enough to cover the entire back seat. Inexpensive and very effective solution.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I take my dog Vegas in my G all the time, she loves going in the car and always has her head out the window.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shane what's that in your window? An ad for your professional detailing service?

Old 08-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Shane what's that in your window? An ad for your professional detailing service?
Yep, it's just a small sign for my detailing business. I didn't want anything too large and tacky.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:32 PM
dog

i put a sheet down, but after lookin at this thread, i may buy one of those products to protect my leather. It was so much easier in my MDX, she just sat on the sheet in the way back, and had a seperator so she couldnt jump out.
wg

Old 08-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Okay, lots of talk about protecting the car's seats, but also consider the safety of your pet while driving. Dogs shouldn't be left unrestrained in the back seat. It's dangerous for the dog.

Many dogs don't like to be crated, and having to carry a crate around in the car is also inconvenient. Personally, I use a harness-type system that is designed to be held in by the seat belt. My dog has enough freedom to enjoy the car ride, but also helps protect my dog. I've had to slam on my brakes a couple of times, and the harness has kept my dog safe (otherwise, my dog would have slammed into the back of the front seats). Not good.

I mentioned this in the past, and I can't stress enough what a nice product the harness/seat belt combination makes. See the following web site: http://www.ruffrider.com/. They have various models/styles. If you get the right size, they are a great safety product to get for your dog. Plus, it keeps your dog in one place. You can choose how much slack to give the dog (my model has two settings - not much slack, so the dog can only sit down or lie down, and the other setting, which is more slack, so the dog can look out the window, but is still protected by the harness.

This reminds me of something I saw a couple of weeks back. In the car in front of me, there was a dog looking out the window. The dog saw something interesting outside the car (probably a squirrel), and actually jumped out of the moving car (the car was going about 20mph, right in a school zone). I slammed on the brakes, and the owner stopped, as well as other cars on the other side of the road. Fortunately, the dog was okay. That dog could have used a harness/seat belt.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Heyyy a fellow hokie, nice. What part of VA are you from?
Sorry, old thread, I just saw this. Today I am in Winchester, tomorrow, BLACKSBURG! GO HOKIES!!!!