G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2005 Evo MR to 2007 G35 Sport auto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Evo MR to 2007 G35 Sport auto

I am considering seriously trading in my Evo for a G35S Auto. I have seen a few people have made this switch also. Looking for opinions on whether you have regrets or not, in getting ride of the Evo for the G. The handling is magnificent on the Evo and I am switching gears now. The handling seems to be GOOD on the G35S, but I would be going to the Auto. Looking for some opinions from people who have had both.

The trade may go down today, so HELP!! Dont want to regret it.

Thanks for your time,

Brian

Old 08-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a 02 ser specv sentra.

put every bolt on to it....had a kickazz suspension....juiced it...boosted it....put a new motor in it and boosted some more...then parted it out and traded up to this.

I have always owned a manual and planned on continuing that tradition. Until i got in the g35s with the paddle shifters and drove it back to back with the 6mt version. With me trying to grab the gears in the 6mt, the auto could do it just as well. You can have COMPLETE control over the gears. plus as an added benefit, when you aren't looking to drive spirited, it is as smooth as silk shifting gears. The 6mt is REALLY difficult to get the curve of and drive smoothly. It handles incredibly well for the size of this car. And the build/fit/finish compared to lil sport compacts is.....well, you will laugh at the jump in quality.

i hated to let my lil spec v go. but if you are looking to "move up" in the car game. this is the best way to go for the money.

and if you look at my sig, and others times, its just as fast as a 6mt with an everyday joe behind the wheel.(if you are an expert driver you will beat the auto) mine ran consistantly at 14-14.1.

Last edited by IvoryPearl07G; 08-24-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Coming from an STi I'm pretty happy with my choice and finally don't have the desire to jump cars like I did before (4 cars in as many years). Only problem for me is the trannsmission (manual), but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Soon enough you'll lose perspective of how well your EVO handled and it will become a distant memory. The G is good enough to keep it interesting especially with the rear drive./

Old 08-25-2007, 02:10 PM
I too have been contemplating this change. From what I've been reading, and seeing, it'll be well worth it. I love my STi, but I'm looking for something more grown now. The G and an AWD car is two different animals, but the luxurious amenities and the ample power should more than make up for it.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Well I went ahead and bit the bullet. I pulled the trigger and got my Liquid Platinum G35S Auto last night. Has Premium and Nav package. It is too nice for me. I dont think I deserve something this nice. Loving it so far.

Brian

Old 08-25-2007, 03:15 PM
If you value the performance and handling of the Evo.. I would stay with it. The G is a luxury car trying to be sporty.. The Evo is for sport handling/performance first. I think you will be sorry in the long run.. IF your priority is in performance.
I came from a Z06 which was a bit much for the street.. So I tried the G35 thinking it would be sporting enough... Very nie ride.. loved the seats.. but when pushed.. it just didn't feel sports car like.. So I moved on..
Good luck..

Originally Posted by EVO TO G35S
I am considering seriously trading in my Evo for a G35S Auto. I have seen a few people have made this switch also. Looking for opinions on whether you have regrets or not, in getting ride of the Evo for the G. The handling is magnificent on the Evo and I am switching gears now. The handling seems to be GOOD on the G35S, but I would be going to the Auto. Looking for some opinions from people who have had both.

The trade may go down today, so HELP!! Dont want to regret it.

Thanks for your time,

Brian

Old 08-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by EVO TO G35S
Well I went ahead and bit the bullet. I pulled the trigger and got my Liquid Platinum G35S Auto last night. Has Premium and Nav package. It is too nice for me. I dont think I deserve something this nice. Loving it so far.

Brian

Hey congrats on your new Baby drive it carefully LOL!!! Enjoy your new ride and have fun safely LOL!!!

Old 08-26-2007, 03:30 AM
Just switched from an 06 MR to a 07 G35S. I feel its a good median with the great looks and the power of the new designed motor. And i'll tell you right now, i'm not regretting anything at all.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You made the right choice...Everytime I see an evo I instantly think...

K-FED.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:06 AM
I've been in EVO's, they're fun as hell to drive but I think you'll be happy with a G35S. Out of all the bells and whistles, my favorite feature is its Bose sound system...my friend's dad has a 2006 Bentley Flying Spur...and the sound system in my G sounds better than the sound system in the Bentley...now thats saying something.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:42 PM
i switched from an a4 to the g35s. im glad i did.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:37 PM
I still wonder what I am doing in a car this NICE. It amazes me all you get for the money. Its a speedy little ride too. It doesnt like to go slow. Loving it so far.

Brian

Old 08-27-2007, 10:15 PM
I went from a Modified 2003 WRX with a TurboXS Stage 4+ (11.9 sec 1/4) to my 05' 6MT and have never been happier. Yes, the pocket rockets are quick but the style, comfort and luxury of the G speaks for itself; the 300hp aren't bad either. I will be installing a Turbonetics kit for a bit more power but I have only pos+ things to say about my G. I have had it since 05' and will never get bored of it!

-SZ

Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 AM
I came from 05 evo GSR. I wish I had not done it. I would keep the evo if I have the choice. Evo is the most fun car I have owned.

The G on the other hand is OK. I have issues with the G interior. Interior of the evo is 1000 times better then the G. The evo held up very well over two years without any rattles, but the G is the first year model. I don't drive G as much as the Evo. I switched with my wife Sequoia.

I will go back to the evo X with paddle shift when it comes out. I need auto so my wife can drive once in awhile. The Sequoia is for my two young babies. I will never put my babies in the G or the Evo, but only in Sequoia.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:12 AM
First off, wrxrocks, I can't see how one would think the Evo's interior is better than the 07 G interior...The Evo's interior was pretty cheap...

I actually came from an 06 Evo GSR and got the 07 G 35 S and I have no regrets. I really miss the Evo, but my girlfriend actually has a 06 MR SE so I drive that once in a while and get it out of my system, and at the end of the day, I'm happy I don't have an Evo anymore. She's selling it too and wanted the G but couldnt afford it.

Evos are great cars though. :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Evo MR to 2007 G35 Sport auto