G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Be Careful of Dealer-Installed Bra!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Be Careful of Dealer-Installed Bra!

Be very, very careful of a dealer-installed bra. My dealer agreed to install a bra on my car at a cost of $700 during negociations when I bought the car. I thought, OK, not a great deal on a bra, but OK I'll go with it.

Two weeks after I purchased the car, the bra was installed. Guess what; what the dealer called a "bra" only included film on the end of the hood, and the ends of the fenders. Nothing on the bumper or the area surrounding the grill at all. When I questioned the sales man (and eventually the gen manager) about it, they said "That's what we consider a bra." That was it. They would do no more. I am now taking the issue up with Nissan USA.

I should have gotten in writing exactly what the term "bra" included. I made the foolish assumption that an Infiniti dealership would be somewhat more ethical than this. In retrospect, I suppose I was lucky that there were wheels on the car & an engine in under the hood when I took ownership of the car. The existence of those items was also not spelled out in the sales contract.

This was my first, and will be my last, Infiniti.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't you just love how Infiniti sandbags their customers.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:06 PM
wow thats shady of them

Old 08-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by fbw5595
Don't you just love how Infiniti sandbags their customers.
I sure expected more of an Infiniti dealer. Particularly on a $40,000 car (MSRP) for which I paid $2400 over invoice.

I guess I was the fool, & now I'm paying for it. Hope others will learn from my foolish mistake!

Old 08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Wow that really sucks. I wouldn't be that hasty to write off the entire company based on one slimeball salesman though. I have had some issues with dealerships in the past as well (like forging my signature on the cap cost reduction calculation sheet for my last lease). Take the issue up with Nissan/Infiniti and see what they say. If you do not get satisfaction from them file a complaint with your local BBB.

What dealership was this?

Old 08-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Kevin,

That's not right... unfortunately, your dealer wasn't upfront w/ you.

I got my clear bra at my dealer, full clear bra including mirrors, gas cap area, front & back bumpers, side doors, etc. all for $850. When I discovered a little glitch, they scrambled to fix it right away w/ no charge.

Not all Infiniti dealers are out to get consumer's $$$. They'd loose more than just a few dollars in the long run if they did that just like posting something you'd experienced on a public board.

Who was your dealer? Are you in Cali? I defend my dealer to the hilt because they pretty much roll out the red carpet for me whenever I call them or go for maintenance.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
You’re not a fool. Pursue it and get what you want. You are only a fool if you let them make you one. $700 for plastic on part of the hood and fenders is ridiculous.

I do not have an ‘07 sedan, but I believe many other owners have had a Bra dealer installed. They did not describe your problem with no bumper bra.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Good advice, all. Thanks guys.

I'm a bit frustrated right now, but I will take your advice & pursue it.

It is interesting to note that this dealer also installs "security wheel locks" at a cost of $200 and "sunroof wind deflector" at a cost of $300 on every car on their lot as soon as they hit the lot, when these items are available as Infiniti OEM accessories for $30 and $52, respectively.

I know it's a free-market economy, and anyone can charge anything they want for anything, but, again, I sure expected more straight-shooting from an authorized Infiniti dealer (the only one within 100 miles of me). Again, my mistake.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by shawnost
What dealership was this?
The Huntsville, Alabama Infiniti dealer. Needless to say, my recommendation is to avoid them! Problem for me is, same company owns the Infiniti dealerships in Nashville and Memphis (and other locations so I understand).

Old 08-27-2007, 03:28 PM
That's ridiculous! You're getting a "bra" to cover the bumper where most of the stones hit. I would have been okay if they covered the bumper and not the hood but what's the use of having one if it is not on the main part of the car. Bunch of snakes charging you $700 for such. Write a letter to Infiniti and send a copy to the general manager of that dealership.
I can't believe an Infiniti dealer pulled one of those on their customer.

My dealer includes wheel locks on all their Infinitis free of charge. And
I just bought my G35 couple of weeks ago for $3000 under MSRP.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Als35
I would have been okay if they covered the bumper and not the hood but what's the use of having one if it is not on the main part of the car.
Agreed, Als35. I'm pretty handy & I feel I could have installed the simple laser-cut film on the hood/fenders myself for $153 (cost of that minimal film kit). No compound curves there.

The bumper is another story. IMO that takes the skills of a pro, which I do not have.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:32 PM
wheels locks on my car were 100 bucks, and tint was 400 from the dealership... i told them i didn't want it (all the cars had it) so they said they'll just throw it in...

Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 PM
mine was installed on the car beofre i purchased it. i did all my dealing via email. apparently when the internet sales guy made the deal with me, he didnt knwo the bra was installed (full bra. hood bumper, fenders, side mirrows and door sills). i basically got the bra for free (i think i ended up paying like $100 for it) since he had made a deal on that particular car already.

oooh ot but i just feel like sharing. while making the final deal where was another father and daughter (she was kinda cute) were looking at the car i was going to drive off in. they start talking and make a deal or somehting. just as theire salesman goes inside to give the offer, my salesguy comes out with the SOLD sign and puts it on the car. the look on her face was priceless. like she was about to cry, her whole worl dcame crashing down. i thgouth it was funny! hehehe, carry on.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
quite shady, and pretty sh1tty deal on it.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by G-girl
Kevin,

That's not right... unfortunately, your dealer wasn't upfront w/ you.

I got my clear bra at my dealer, full clear bra including mirrors, gas cap area, front & back bumpers, side doors, etc. all for $850. When I discovered a little glitch, they scrambled to fix it right away w/ no charge.

Not all Infiniti dealers are out to get consumer's $$$. They'd loose more than just a few dollars in the long run if they did that just like posting something you'd experienced on a public board.

Who was your dealer? Are you in Cali? I defend my dealer to the hilt because they pretty much roll out the red carpet for me whenever I call them or go for maintenance.

hey that's a real good deal! where's your dealer at?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Be Careful of Dealer-Installed Bra!