G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

(!) Light. help..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(!) Light. help..

I know this light means tire pressure is low because I had an 05 Coupe and an 06 M35, but this light turned on right after I got my car back from the dealer for an oil change. I figured ah the tire pressure is just low so I will go stop by a gas station and fill it up. The tires say max of 51psi so I checked all four tires and they are around 40-43psi each so none of them were that low. I just made them all around 43 to even it out but the light still doesnt turn off. Do you guys think maybe the tires just needs more air or should I go to the dealer and see whats going on?

Old 09-07-2007, 09:30 PM
sounds strange, but I've heard of this before...make sure you have washer fluid in your washer fluid resevoir. Lisa thought for the longest time her tires were low, until I told her otherwise. just a suggestion.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by xxg35driverxx
sounds strange, but I've heard of this before...make sure you have washer fluid in your washer fluid resevoir. Lisa thought for the longest time her tires were low, until I told her otherwise. just a suggestion.
Hmm okay ill check that out in about an hour or so when I get off work.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Hope it helps, if not, you may have to go to the factory to get your sensor reset.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:17 PM
43 is pretty high - you ought to reset your tire pressure to spec.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
does it say 33psi??? thats what i remember from chart on the driver side

Old 09-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I had a TPM go bad, dealer had to replace it. Same deal - light was on, tire pressure was fine.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:54 PM
I had that happening to me twice in a week. I did what you did as well, but I figure it out...the sensor turns out to be VERY sensitive. So, what I did afterwards was to really tighten/screw the caps on, then it has not happened again. That was at least 3/4 months ago.

This is my own opinion...I recommend you to verify the pressure before tightening.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by xxg35driverxx
Hope it helps, if not, you may have to go to the factory to get your sensor reset.
Ok tried the windshield fluid didnt work.

Originally Posted by G35Now!
I had a TPM go bad, dealer had to replace it. Same deal - light was on, tire pressure was fine.
Hmm that could be it too.

Originally Posted by mhleung
I had that happening to me twice in a week. I did what you did as well, but I figure it out...the sensor turns out to be VERY sensitive. So, what I did afterwards was to really tighten/screw the caps on, then it has not happened again. That was at least 3/4 months ago.

This is my own opinion...I recommend you to verify the pressure before tightening.
Okay. I will try retightening the caps. Thanks everyone.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's probably the TPMS because your tires are over inflated, but to be sure which one of these indicators is lit up:

TPMS malfunction:
If the TPMS is not functioning properly, the low tire pressure warning light will flash for approximately 1 minute when the ignition switch is pushed ON. The light will remain on after the 1 minute. Have the system checked by an INFINITI dealer.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
It's probably the TPMS because your tires are over inflated, but to be sure which one of these indicators is lit up:

The top one.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wesscyder
The top one.
Does the light flash for 1 minute when you start the car? If it does the TPMS might be malfunctioning, otherwise adjust your tires to the recommended pressure of 33psi and make sure the caps are tight. I get the TPMS warning every once in a while on cold mornings (or when there's a screw in my $300 winter tire ).

Old 09-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Does the light flash for 1 minute when you start the car? If it does the TPMS might be malfunctioning, otherwise adjust your tires to the recommended pressure of 33psi and make sure the caps are tight. I get the TPMS warning every once in a while on cold mornings (or when there's a screw in my $300 winter tire ).
The light doesnt flash it jsut stays on constantly. I will try lowering the pressure and putting the caps on tightly. I know on the m35 and g35coupe the light would turn on if the tire pressure was under 28psi and 26psi or so.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:46 AM
I had that same light come on and my tire pressures were at spec...33. When I took my car in for the oil change I told the dealer about this warning light. They said the tire pressure monitors weren't 'registered.' What ever that means. They 'registered' the tire pressure monitors and the warning light went off.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by jzoloto
I had that same light come on and my tire pressures were at spec...33. When I took my car in for the oil change I told the dealer about this warning light. They said the tire pressure monitors weren't 'registered.' What ever that means. They 'registered' the tire pressure monitors and the warning light went off.
Ah okay I guess its back to the dealer then. I have to go for the FOB replacement anyways.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: (!) Light. help..