G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Negotiated Deal Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my 08 g35 with Prem, Navi and cargo net. I paid $34,250 after $500 rebate. In the Atlanta area.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G35x with Sport, Premium, cargo net, and mudguards. $34,995 + tax, dmv, fees. Price included the $500 rebate and also got 1.9% finance.

I'd like to add that a dealer whom I test drove the car with a few times wanted close to $3000 more. I gave that dealer/sales guy a chance to match and he didn't even e-mail or call back till 3 full days after I gave him the opportunity to match.. His loss..

Last edited by geronimomoe; 03-27-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by smokie86
im well aware this is for 2008 g35 but i just bought my car yesterday so im posting here. lol. the dealer wanted the car off the lot so i got my g35x for 32,875 +tax. tints thrown in. good deal?
By my math, that's $1400 less than invoice on a new 2008 G35x Premium. If that and the tints are worth it to you, then it's a good deal (give you're in an area where you can get fairly close to invoice).

EDIT: I forgot there's a $500 rebate now for people already with cars, so if this wasn't your first car, the gap is only $900.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:24 AM
2008 G35 Journey (Premium Package, Sport Package, and all season floormats, cargo nets, floormats)

34k BEFORE tax tag and titles
Dealer Fee was: 595

Old 03-29-2008, 11:25 AM
What's a dealer fee?

Old 03-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just about pure profit..

Old 03-29-2008, 08:38 PM
I bought a 2008 G35 Journey with Nav & Prem Pakg. in TX and I paid Invoice. Its Black on Black.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Just leased a 2008 G35xS - premium / nav / sports

live in NY - paid about $500 under invoice - $350 a month for 24 months with $3K down

Old 03-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Purchased '08 G35S last Friday. Lakeshore Slate/Stone interior with Sport, Premium, Navigation, Splash Guards, Carpeted Trunk Mat, and Cargo Net.

MSRP on this configuration is $39,625 and Invoice price is $36,089 including destination (according to Edmunds.com website). I also asked dealer to include free wheel locks, "G35" logo license plate frame, and touchup paint (approximately $100 value at dealer retail prices).

I paid $35,218 (almost $1,000 under invoice, including the free accessories and taking into consideration $500 rebate) plus tax and license, and no other dealer fees.

Last edited by mgG35S; 03-31-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Car market is big time garbage now. I got my car october 2007 and didn't get crazy discounts like what i hear here and didn't get the special low finace rate of 2.9.... Oh well...

I paid $37,500 out the door everything included. California here.

It's G35 journey 5at + prem & sport pkg. + cargo net($60). That's all.
_________
2008 G35 journey5at ivory/stone+prem&sportpkg.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Got my 2008 G35 Sport 6MT last Friday. With premium, navigation, technology, splash guards, wheel lock, and cargo net. Graphite on graphite. $37,400.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Posted this in anther reply but I liked what I wrote so much that I'de like to reiterate it in this thread:

I'm probably going to be opening a can of worms by saying this but who cares what you pay for the car? As long as you're happy and you weren't screwed. And being screwed on a car deal these days is virtually impossible due to new laws and regulations.

I am a proud owner of an Infiniti and also am employed at Infiniti as a sales consultant. I understand you all want the best deal for your cars, but f only the public knew just how much work is involved in selling a car. And the return is not nearly worth it. Now many of you are probably asking yourselves why I still remain in the business if the money isn't worth it. And the answer to that is that the few customers who understand the true value of our product and my services make it worth while. Not only that, I am proud to say that I do help my customers. My knowledge is vast on the product and I tell the truth.

All I'm saying is this: Dealerships are out to make money because it's a business, and businesses make profits. Sales consultants get paid on a percentage (very small) of that profit. Next time you buy a car, judge the salesman. If he's good, make him happy. If he sucks, juice him for all he's worth. Now if I'm being completely unreasonable and outrageous, please correct me.

Last edited by heyitsalex; 04-04-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by heyitsalex
Posted this in anther reply but I liked what I wrote so much that I'de like to reiterate it in this thread:

I'm probably going to be opening a can of worms by saying this but who cares what you pay for the car? As long as you're happy and you weren't screwed. And being screwed on a car deal these days is virtually impossible due to new laws and regulations.

I am a proud owner of an Infiniti and also am employed at Infiniti as a sales consultant. I understand you all want the best deal for your cars, but f only the public knew just how much work is involved in selling a car. And the return is not nearly worth it. Now many of you are probably asking yourselves why I still remain in the business if the money isn't worth it. And the answer to that is that the few customers who understand the true value of our product and my services make it worth while. Not only that, I am proud to say that I do help my customers. My knowledge is vast on the product and I tell the truth.

All I'm saying is this: Dealerships are out to make money because it's a business, and businesses make profits. Sales consultants get paid on a percentage (very small) of that profit. Next time you buy a car, judge the salesman. If he's good, make him happy. If he sucks, juice him for all he's worth. If the guys going to give you a good deal, I'de say pay him something on the side to even out the small commission. Now if I'm being completely unreasonable and outrageous, please correct me.
People don't understand how the laws work to protect them. All us stealerships do is screw them.

/sarcasm

It's still fairly easy to get hosed unless you do your research, which people on this board do.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by heyitsalex

All I'm saying is this: Dealerships are out to make money because it's a business, and businesses make profits. Sales consultants get paid on a percentage (very small) of that profit. Next time you buy a car, judge the salesman. If he's good, make him happy. If he sucks, juice him for all he's worth. If the guys going to give you a good deal, I'de say pay him something on the side to even out the small commission. Now if I'm being completely unreasonable and outrageous, please correct me.
ROFLMAO!
April Fool's Day jokes only work on April 1st.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Heyitsalex makes some good points but also misses key ones. There is a reason why dealerships and car salesman have poor reputations; it's a history of manipulative and occasionally devious sales practices. I know that can hurt if you are one of the good guys but the system isn't straight with customers. Even now, when customers think they are getting a car at close to invoice, the dealer back ends its profits with holdbacks that attempt to keep the customer from being informed about what truly is the profit. And most of us know the games played, hidden charges and sometimes ruthless sales tactics employed.

My sales experience with Infiniti was awful, with a hidden charge thrown in at the end. And, I had something similar happen with buying a Bimmer once. This isn't to say this happens to everyone, and I know many people here had great sales experiences.

I think we might disagree on what constitutes a "fair profit." What's happening with the service departments overcharging their customers is also far from "fair" and in many cases a blatant ripoff.

I can tell Alex cares about the reputation of his dealership, and wants to do the right thing. But the problem is bigger than Alex.

Last edited by onthebeam; 04-04-2008 at 07:37 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Negotiated Deal Thread