G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Negotiated Deal Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Art007
I'm SO happy with this car!

hows your experience with these Competition people?

Old 12-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience with Competition Infiniti was without a doubt nicer than I ever expected, and certainly more pleasant than any other automobile purchase. My G35x is my 15th new car.

Originally Posted by jdanielsg
$150 over invoice ain't too bad in my opinion I get exactly the car I want.
That last part is the most important.

You get exactly the car you want.

Nice going on the deal. Let us know how it finally turns out.

Last edited by Art007; 12-07-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:25 PM
That last part is the most important.

You get exactly the car you want.

Nice going on the deal. Let us know how it finally turns out.
you have not told me how was ur experience there LOL at competition

Old 12-07-2007, 10:43 PM
1. The people at Competition Infiniti were a pleasure to deal with.
2 The last time I paid less than Dealer Invoice, I think Nixon was in the White House.

It could not have gone any better.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
where are you located ? Tnanks
sorry, just saw this. northern va, infiniti of chantilly.

the dealer perks are part of what they call a "500 club", full details on their website, but the best perk is free oil changes for life.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:51 PM
1. The people at Competition Infiniti were a pleasure to deal with.
2 The last time I paid less than Dealer Invoice, I think Nixon was in the White House.

It could not have gone any better.

I do not think I was even alive when Nixon was in the white house LOL But yeah thanks for the info

Old 12-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Ouch

Old 12-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Ouch
hahahaha but its true. i am not american as you know and i looked it up he was in the white house in the 60s, i was born in the 80s lol

Old 12-08-2007, 01:20 PM
hahahaha but its true. i am not american as you know and i looked it up he was in the white house in the 60s, i was born in the 80s lol
1969 to 1974

OUCH

Old 12-08-2007, 11:11 PM
I have just placed a deposit on a

2008 G35x AWD Black Obsidian & Graphite
P01 Premium
U01 Navigation
W01 Wood Trim Package
B94 Body color splash guards
N93 Trunk cargo net
Wheel Locks

MSRP is $39,925
Invoice is $36,457
TMV is $38,899

$3313 under MSRP
$2287 under TMV

I "paid" (paying) $36,612. Which is isnt too bad because I am paying cash and they probably cannot go under invoice because there are less incentives from financing etc. But $150 over inoice aint too bad in my opinion I get exactly the car I want.

I will post which dealer later when the deal is done and also a review of the dealer but the dealer is in NY
Competition Infiniti, St James, NY *edited*
I shopped around, they were one of the first ones I emailed, i brought a price back to them asked them to beat it, they did, on the 7th, I was ready to do the deal, however Saturday things got complicated and the deal fell through, because they decide they only took wire transfers and at the time my bank couldnt gurantee me or tell me how long it would take, and if it took 3 to 5 days like thay said then I wouldnt be able to get my car this Fri or the coming Monday. Long story short, I let them go and I went to Kenny of Massapequa Infiniti, which has responded somewhat to my PMs, but to me in retrospect seemed less interested than normal, I guess he has too much $$ and business does not need small potatoes like me. He readily took my deposit Saturday was supposed to fax over purchase order, which takes what 5 mines to write in, didnt do it..didnt bother calling too, I always had to call him to follow up, Monday called him as agreed at 10.30am...meeting.. 11.30.. just got off meeting.. still busy..asked him when I would see paperwork because I needed it done ASAP, not even an effort to give me a time...and was soooo soo wishy washy about Interstate plates which seriously all the freaking info is online.. why does he care what I do with my car anyways so long as everything is signed nicely notarised n **** n whatever else, and we r non residents of NY so no tax there and off we drive and not his business anymore...so I got pissed and while he was doing god knows what, I called Competition back and told them I could possibly even do same day wire thru my bank in the US, but that didnt work out due to tech reasons so I ended sending them wire which I knew would reach them latest by Tuesday morning..after which they would courier me the need docs reaching me Wed... and I could hand it in to US customs by thursday, therefore making the 72 hours period by Sunday, leaving time to spare for my Tues expected date of crossing the border with the car. everything went well Mon/Tues with Competition, people called me 10+ Tues morn tell me everything is in order they are prepping paperwork, contacted me throughout the day getting faxes through both ways etc and was quite attentive to my concerns and made sure the docs were shipped out when I sent a courier to get them. Not bad at all. Disregarding Fri/Sat. They basically took 2 days to do paperwork since it took that long to get my money, I am confident if i managed to get them the money on Monday right then, they would have been able to get all papers done. I like that.

People who seem too busy to follow up with PMs emails and calls and even when I was calling to cancel asked me if I had received his email with the docs he promised (which didnt ever arrive). So moral of the story business goes else where if you are too busy to handle it, but from the way I look at it I dunt think he'll miss it So no love lost both ways.

Circle Infiniti - Daniella, spent god knows how long negotiating out the door price, she decided to pull a fast one and stuffed in a $200 documentation fee, and wanted to charge me $70 for wheel locks, when all along I have been telling her about Out the door price. I told her no thanks on a matter of principle. I do not like tricks like that. Simply NOT COOL, I wouldnt recommend them at all.

Lia infiniti in Albany think they are doing sooooo much business that they like to keep their prices sky high, so they can keep their car.

I went back to KENNY.. nick here is "the mayor" or something like that, he gave me one price from the start, told me its all inclusive, so far so good, other than that he hasnt sent me a purchase order yet, so we'll see how he performs, hopefully well, he sounds like a young guy and hes on the forums, hopefully he doesnt dissapoint. * ended up not buying with him* *dissapointed* but hey I won out in the end I was prepped to pay $200 more than I ended up paying elsewhere but he couldnt live up to expectations.

THE END

Car paid for, all documents on the way to me, touch wood, knock on wood, kiss wood, lick wood LOL nothing much else can go wrong if car is presented in the condition its supposed to be in. MINT. WISH ME LUCK PEOPLE.

Last edited by jdanielsg; 12-12-2007 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Purchased a 2008 G35 Journey, Automatic, Platinum Graphite, Premium Package, Performance Tire and Wheel, Painted Splash Guards, and Trunk Cargo Net for $33,355 in California from Infiniti of Montclair on 12/14/2007! I highly recommend going there and purchasing from JODI CACCAVALE!, the internet sales manager. She has been a pleasure to work with! Out the door was 36,454. Good Luck to all you shoppers! First post on this forum and I hope to get and give lots more info about our great cars.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hmm I believe I paid 41500 OTD for my 08 G35S Socal...

Premium
Navi
Sport
Active Steering
Rear Spoiler
Cargo Nets
Splash Guards...

I wonder if i got a decent deal

Old 12-18-2007, 11:38 AM
I finally got the deal over the weekend

I got -$600 off the invoice for a 08 black/black journey

Packages:
Premium
Navigation
Cargo Net
Splash Guard

$37000 OTD with 8.25% tax. I think it was $33.8k pre-tax, dmv, and doc fee.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by mrclowny
hmm I believe I paid 41500 OTD for my 08 G35S Socal...

Premium
Navi
Sport
Active Steering
Rear Spoiler
Cargo Nets
Splash Guards...

I wonder if i got a decent deal

You could've gotten a better deal. I assumed it's a Journey with Sport package? It shouldn't be more than $39k OTD.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 AM
If anyone in Southern California want a deal below invoice. Shoot me an email

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan Negotiated Deal Thread