G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Remote start in a G35 with pushbutton ignition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are there companies that have remote start with a push button start?

Old 01-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by giorgios
none yet.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by giorgios
I dont understand. THere isnt a difference having a push button start and a key to start the car when it comes to remote starters...

Its the same basic principles in terms of wiring it up.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by MiniRX7
I dont understand. THere isnt a difference having a push button start and a key to start the car when it comes to remote starters...

Its the same basic principles in terms of wiring it up.
Do you install remote start systems?

None of the current push to start cars out now are anything like a conventional key vehicle as far as remote start installation. If they were, there probably wouldn't be a need for this thread.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by johnmax
Do you install remote start systems?

None of the current push to start cars out now are anything like a conventional key vehicle as far as remote start installation. If they were, there probably wouldn't be a need for this thread.
As a matter of fact i do install alarms (i used to do it for fun before).. And i traced and mapped all the wires to our 2007 G35 using the service manual and the I-datalink PDF file...

If you go to the I-datalink website, you will see the PDF file specifically for the G35/G37.

Its NO different than my Canbus equipped 2006 300C.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
No different than your 300C?
Umm okay... Your 300C has a key cylinder to energize like a standard key car. The G does not. Thats just one of many differences.

If you ever worked on a new G you would see that its a bit harder and different than what you think. I would do a 300C over a G without hesitation if I had to choose.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Umm okay... Your 300C has a key cylinder to energize like a standard key car. The G does not. Thats just one of many differences.

If you ever worked on a new G you would see that its a bit harder and different than what you think. I would do a 300C over a G without hesitation if I had to choose.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if u pulse the brake and pulse the wire at the push button the car starts its a very simple concept i had a remote start way before any bypasses or modules were out for it

Old 01-17-2008, 09:15 PM

I dont htink you have read the pin outs. A key cylinder emits a + voltage to the starter wire the same way pushing the button to start would do.

The starter wires are at the right passenger kick panel at the Body Control Module. The starter output wires are at pin 52 and Pin 114. Accessory is at 102. Ignition output is pin 82. Accessory 2 is 95.

That isn ANY DIFFERENT than a car with a key cylinder. Its just a positive/negative current required to start any G35. A 300C is a lot more complicated because of its heavy reliance on CANBUS network in the car.

Push button start versus key cylinder equals NO DIFFERENCE.

I dare you to try a 300C, i guarantee you will fail because of the constant version differences in the ECU (ie. AI versus AK revisions). Are you an installer buddy?

Old 01-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by salerngo45
if u pulse the brake and pulse the wire at the push button the car starts its a very simple concept i had a remote start way before any bypasses or modules were out for it
I believe thats what the ADS-ALDL-CA-G35 I-datalink module does for you.

The pin outs on that module and the service manuals look like its a very straightforward installation.

I see that the module does infact tap into the G35 Canbus but not sure what information its pulling from it.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by MiniRX7
I dont htink you have read the pin outs. A key cylinder emits a + voltage to the starter wire the same way pushing the button to start would do.

The starter wires are at the right passenger kick panel at the Body Control Module. The starter output wires are at pin 52 and Pin 114. Accessory is at 102. Ignition output is pin 82. Accessory 2 is 95.

That isn ANY DIFFERENT than a car with a key cylinder. Its just a positive/negative current required to start any G35. A 300C is a lot more complicated because of its heavy reliance on CANBUS network in the car.

Push button start versus key cylinder equals NO DIFFERENCE.

I dare you to try a 300C, i guarantee you will fail because of the constant version differences in the ECU (ie. AI versus AK revisions). Are you an installer buddy?
Um yeah "buddy" I am an installer. Been installing for 16 years. Been doing G35s with this setup for over a year.

Lets see you install a remote start in your G by just powering up the start button and the brake and a couple ign and accy wires. Then lets see how easy i can get in it when its started and drive it away without any I-key at all. What do you do to deal with the transponder and intelligent key? If thats all you think there is to it then you don't have a clue. If it was that easy then why would we need a data module to do these cars the right way? If it was that easy there would be no need for this thread as everyone could do it. If you think its easy then why is there so much interest in myself and other installers in this thread that can actually do the car? Trust me the reason I do them at my shop is because nobody around knows how to do them. I could do it the hack way as others have and have a non secure system. Or i could make it shut down when you open the door. Again, ghetto.

You dare me to try a 300C? I've been doing them since 2005, and have done probably more than you have even seen on the road. Not one have I used a can bus module, so obviously it is not "heavily reliable" on can bus. Like a 300C is some advanced electrical system or something.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Dont take offense "buddy". I didnt say it was a matter of pulsing the brake and ign/acc wires.

Thats why they have imobilizer bypass units. I am just saying that its not as difficult as people make it to seem. I-datalink provides a very well written PDF, that SPELLS it out for you, alongside the service manual.

And in case you didnt know, the 300C's canbus system is advanced, very advanced. It carries a lot of information on that data line about the vehicle. There are alot of revisions made between 2005-2008 vehicles even mid year. Hence why i had to get my Canbus module updated to reflect my cars Canbus revision.

Immobilizer bypass modules aren't new, i have had them in both my 2k2 and 2k3 maximas. Sure back in the days older cars were a lot easier to wire. But these new bypass modules are a breeze. No need to really probe and test wires.

Tell me, what module have you been using on G35's for over a year? I am interested as i ma doing a Compustar Pro series with the I-datalink tommorrow morning? Any suggestions?

BTW. No I am not an installer ( i used to do it for fun on many cars), but i have done a lot of custom work on my own, including building up a lot of custom electronic designs on both PC's, car electornics, etc. Of course this has nothing to do with my real profession (i am a chartered accountant), but its just something I enjoy doing.

Um yeah "buddy" I am an installer. Been installing for 16 years. Been doing G35s with this setup for over a year.

Lets see you install a remote start in your G by just powering up the start button and the brake and a couple ign and accy wires. Then lets see how easy i can get in it when its started and drive it away without any I-key at all. What do you do to deal with the transponder and intelligent key? If thats all you think there is to it then you don't have a clue. If it was that easy then why would we need a data module to do these cars the right way? If it was that easy there would be no need for this thread as everyone could do it. If you think its easy then why is there so much interest in myself and other installers in this thread that can actually do the car? Trust me the reason I do them at my shop is because nobody around knows how to do them. I could do it the hack way as others have and have a non secure system. Or i could make it shut down when you open the door. Again, ghetto.

You dare me to try a 300C? I've been doing them since 2005, and have done probably more than you have even seen on the road. Not one have I used a can bus module, so obviously it is not "heavily reliable" on can bus. Like a 300C is some advanced electrical system or something.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Well if you are not an installer and do it just for fun then you shouldnt think that just cause you read a service manual or an install guide that its an easy thing to do, or you don't have to test any wires. If it was that easy then there wouldnt be a need for a professional installer. What do you do when the service manual is wrong or you can't access what it references? Happens way more than you might think. And what about when your install doesnt work correctly? how do you check and test stuff when you don't know how and what to test for? Would you blindly hook up stuff in a $40K car without testing? Believe me alot of the info is incorrect, especially Idatalink info. If you notice their install guides are revised quite often (they finally have it right now).

When the G first came out we werent using can modules. We were using I-keys that would only activate when remote starting. Then we progressed thru various modules made by fortin. now Idatalink.

And on your 300C, you see the downside to using a can module. If you go to the idiots at chrysler and they have to change something on your car, then your module is useless until you have it reflashed (if it is capable). There is no need to use the can module on that car to properly do a remote start. It just makes a few connections easier on that car. But on the G a can module is necessary to do the car properly. You can't compare the 2 cars. When you've done this for 16 years as i have you can understand the difference.

You know I have a calculator, and I have read an accounting book, but I don't claim that I am an accountant or that it is easy.....

Maybe you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night..

Old 01-19-2008, 02:35 AM
Interestingly enough, i had my car done at the shop today, and it turns out the one and ONLY i-datalink module had failed (was not outputing clean ground to the pin 47 ignition switch module at the BCM), nor was it outputing tach.

The install guides were good, and it doesnt appear to be that difficult as it seems. I was iwth the installer all day and i mapped out the references form the idatalink, to astroflex guide and to the Serivce manual, and they are all correct.

I have to go back on wednesdayh to replace the failed module.

Dont think because i am an accountant that i dont know how to do installs. I have done a lot of one off installations in my days that were innovative at the time. Some of those things include an XBOX to 2003 Maxima Steering wheel interface (my old maxima), automatic garage door interface to remote starter (back in 1999), Custom pioneer to nokia handsfree interface (back before bluetooth), 2003 maxima fog lamp factory switch retention for angel eyes to fog light relays and and a variety of other one offs. One knows how to use a multimeter to check for ohmage, current and voltage. ITs not rocket science, especially with these programmable modules to ASSIST installers. It was much harder when you had to probe vehicles, than to just install some simple idatalink module.

Perhaps you havent read my post about my mythtv linux server to Itunes/Ipod to G35 video (meaning, cable tv in my g35) thread.

Well if you are not an installer and do it just for fun then you shouldnt think that just cause you read a service manual or an install guide that its an easy thing to do, or you don't have to test any wires. If it was that easy then there wouldnt be a need for a professional installer. What do you do when the service manual is wrong or you can't access what it references? Happens way more than you might think. And what about when your install doesnt work correctly? how do you check and test stuff when you don't know how and what to test for? Would you blindly hook up stuff in a $40K car without testing? Believe me alot of the info is incorrect, especially Idatalink info. If you notice their install guides are revised quite often (they finally have it right now).

When the G first came out we werent using can modules. We were using I-keys that would only activate when remote starting. Then we progressed thru various modules made by fortin. now Idatalink.

And on your 300C, you see the downside to using a can module. If you go to the idiots at chrysler and they have to change something on your car, then your module is useless until you have it reflashed (if it is capable). There is no need to use the can module on that car to properly do a remote start. It just makes a few connections easier on that car. But on the G a can module is necessary to do the car properly. You can't compare the 2 cars. When you've done this for 16 years as i have you can understand the difference.

You know I have a calculator, and I have read an accounting book, but I don't claim that I am an accountant or that it is easy.....

Maybe you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night..

Old 01-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
anyone in the NYC area interested in a group buy? i have an expert installer doing these for my local guys

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remote start in a G35 with pushbutton ignition