G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Thoughts and opinions after ICC fix (ECU REFLASH) and X loaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine is in the shop now, I have the ICC and they are doing the flash and replacing the ICC sensor... Along with the Silicone flush again since they didn't get it all the first time.

I'll post with my feedback... had no issues at my dealer getting the work done. And yes, I do experience the surging on a few hills I take on my daily commute.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
Let us know if work order does indeed show ICC sensor being replaced. I was told it wasn't needed with my VIN which I find interesting since it basically states on TSB that ICC needs to be replaced as well if vehicle is within affected range.

I will re-address with dealer after Thanksgiving.

Originally Posted by kring
Mine is in the shop now, I have the ICC and they are doing the flash and replacing the ICC sensor... Along with the Silicone flush again since they didn't get it all the first time.

I'll post with my feedback... had no issues at my dealer getting the work done. And yes, I do experience the surging on a few hills I take on my daily commute.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:45 PM
NUCLEI-G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
It's a legit question on his part. If you're just asking them to reflash your ECU "just because" it's a waste of time and resources on their part when they could be helping a customer who actually has a valid issue which requires attention. I don't blame you for getting a bit irked after he asked but I can understand where he/she is coming from.

As for leaving your key at home...why? They only give you new fobs (the key & clip portion is reused) anyway. Plus I'm pretty sure your old fob is pretty much useless once they give you your newly programmed keys.
Thanks,

That's what i was trying to explain to the guy. he said there is no way they can do that. I would have to go back again.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
Let us know if work order does indeed show ICC sensor being replaced. I was told it wasn't needed with my VIN which I find interesting since it basically states on TSB that ICC needs to be replaced as well if vehicle is within affected range.

I will re-address with dealer after Thanksgiving.
I got a call from the service guy, my car won't be ready since the sensor will take 1-2 days to get. he said my ICC sensor will need to be replaced, I never mentioned TSB at drop off, and he never mentioned it was a TSB either when he called... He offered to have me come get my car now and stop back later in the week, or he would hang onto the car and deliver it to me when it's done on Wednesday (i'm 160 miles away round trip) Now that's good service

Old 11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kring
I got a call from the service guy, my car won't be ready since the sensor will take 1-2 days to get. he said my ICC sensor will need to be replaced, I never mentioned TSB at drop off, and he never mentioned it was a TSB either when he called... He offered to have me come get my car now and stop back later in the week, or he would hang onto the car and deliver it to me when it's done on Wednesday (i'm 160 miles away round trip) Now that's good service
Kring, is yours a AT or MT?

Old 11-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I took my '07 AT sedan in today for its first oil change and I had them do the CC surge reflash fix (non-ICC) and it definitely fixed the sensitive tip in on my car. First gear is now smooth instead of being a neck snapping glitch on the way to second. All of the shifts seem smoother now also. The tip in was the only thing that bothered me about the car and now I am having a completely satisfying driving experience. I definitely recommend getting this fix done for anyone who does not like the overly sensitive throttle.

Oh...and it did fix the CC as well. I was actually experiencing the surges with the CC but now it is much smoother. As blnewt mentioned the CC does now overcompensate a bit on the set speed but it is no longer herky jerky.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by cnugs127
Kring, is yours a AT or MT?
MT_

Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 AM
ICC Change

Just picked up my car after the TSB was done. Work order states that the reprogrammed the ecu and replaced ICC sensor and adjusted the Lazor. Bulliten was ITB07-08A. Waited a couple of days for the part and the service took 1/2 day to complete.

The jury is still out on any changes to throttle (bad weather kept my foot in slow mode).

Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 PM
I just picked up the Car this morning. the Invoice says replaced the sensor and reprogrammed the ECU according to TSB.

My Initial impression is that it's a noticeable change, borderline drastic change. I need to give it a few more days to learn my behavior again as I am guessing the ECU reflash requires a behavior relearning.

My initial feeling is that the first 20% of the pedal is now dead or so little throttle that the car won't move. Then at 20% it starts out very sedated and grows linearly until WOT.

Honestly I don't like the new flash.... it definitely makes the car smoother, by sacrificing all the "snap" feel... to the point where the car actually feels slower. I liked the responsiveness... now I need to do twice as much foot work to get the car to perform.

I'll drive a few more days and report back to see if the throttle gets any livelier as it learns my driving.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:00 PM
RCK
Although my VIN is eligible, I am dubious about getting the ICC/ECU reflash because I really didn't mind/didn't notice the quick throttle tip-in. Maybe because I have a 6MT and can exert more direct control with clutch management. It took me a few days to get used to the manual set up in the G 35. Having driven manuals for the past 30 years and knowing each manual set up is different, I simply adjusted to the G.

1)The G accelarator pedal is hinged at the top, not at the bottom as are most cars, so you have to put pressure at the top of the pedal, otherwise there is a delay and then a jerk.

2) With the G 6MT high clutch engagement, you need to slide the seat back and, depending on your size and height, lower as well, otherwise your knee is excessively bent and the clutch engagement is somewhat jerky.

In all, I am delighted with the 6MT, especially the short, crisp shifter.

Last edited by RCK; 11-27-2007 at 01:04 PM.