G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Snowboards fit in 2007+ sedans? If so, how? If not, what's the solution? Where 2 buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snowboards fit in 2007+ sedans? If so, how? If not, what's the solution? Where 2 buy?

Hi All-

I love to snowboard every weekend up in the Poconos or in Vermont.
I need to find a way to transport my Burton Custom X 160 snowboard with my 2008 G35x.

I prefer to transport the snowboard inside the G35.
If you have transported snowboards in your 2007+ G35 sedan,
how have you packaged and positioned the snowboards for transportation?
Can you describe how you did it? (pros and cons)
What dimension (size, make, model) board did you transport?
How many passengers were you able to transport along with how many snowboards?

If it is not possible to fit snowboards inside the 2007+ G35.
What solution have others proven to work?

What make, model, vendore and price can you recommend?
Internet links?
Pictures?

Thank you.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Since our G35s only have pass-thru from the trunk... I doubt you can put a snow board inside the car...

I'm guessing that only way of transporting the Snowboards are to put it up on the roof rack.... such as Yakima...

Good luck tho!

Old 11-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just put mine in a bag and rest it vertially behind the passengers seat against the back headrest. I currently only ride a 154 (I think) but 6cm shouldn't make a big difference. You can probably only get 2 people in with out risking damage to the leather. I haven't been able to find a roof rack yet, I'm hoping to find something that I can remove easily when I'm not using it.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
I just put mine in a bag and rest it vertially behind the passengers seat against the back headrest. I currently only ride a 154 (I think) but 6cm shouldn't make a big difference. You can probably only get 2 people in with out risking damage to the leather. I haven't been able to find a roof rack yet, I'm hoping to find something that I can remove easily when I'm not using it.
Thank you for the responses.

Can you post a pic?
Can you give a more detailed description of how you store your snowboard in your G35?

How do you wrap or package the snowboard?
(ex. Blanket, board bag, etc?)

Where is the tail located and where is the nose located?
(ex. Tail on floor behind passenger seat and nose at top at furthest corner of passenger cabin at highest point behind the driver)

Please post if you fin a good snowboard rack.
Thank you.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:48 PM
I have a board bag. Unfortunately I'll have to get my car back from the body shop before I can snap a picture for you.

I put the bindings facing toward the back seat so that the curve of the nose rests on the head rest (could just as easily be the tail).

I've been looking for the rack since last November, but I'll post it up if I find one.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Not sure if it will help much...but there are a few racks out there that have been used for bikes that was discussed in this thread. My be worth at least checking out to see if you could modify it to hold boards too.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...hlight=cyclist

Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
I have a board bag. Unfortunately I'll have to get my car back from the body shop before I can snap a picture for you.

I put the bindings facing toward the back seat so that the curve of the nose rests on the head rest (could just as easily be the tail).

I've been looking for the rack since last November, but I'll post it up if I find one.
So your board's tail is on the floor behind the passenger seat and your nose is touching the roof right behind the passenger's head rest?
If you are saying your board is basically flat against/along the back panel of the passenger seat....
what holds the board in place against the back of the passenger seat?

I believe a 160 sized board is too large to fit like that.
I figured your have to fold the passenger seat all the way back and put the tail of the board on the floor in front of the passenger seat, as far towards the front firewall as possible.
Then you would lay the board back with the nose all the way behind the passenger seat where the roof and the rear glass come together.

Sorry for the long post.
I'm just trying to understand.

Last edited by TT C6; 11-02-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:36 PM
My board doesn't touch the roof, it leans over against the head rest.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:53 AM
I went out to Okemo/Killington/J-Peak, last winter with snowboards inside my G. I ride a Burton Seven 156cm with a cheap 165cm board bag. My trips to VT
last year was always with only one friend with both our boards in my bag (binding side to binding side). A third passenger would fit but the ride wouldn't be comfy because like ChristianN said, the board bag was angled diagonally behind the front seats with one end on the ground and the other pointing to the roof. Careful closing the door because I'm cautious of my back window in case the board bag slid down...
A 40-60 split backseat like the G37 instead of the ski pass-thru would've been more preferable.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks again for all the responses.

I finally took my 2 boards (156cm & 160cm Burton Custom X) in my single board bag to the Infiniti dealership.

Like it was posted already,
the board bag with 2 boards fit fine.
I put the tail of both boards on the floor behind the passenger side seat.
I angled the nose of the board towards the rear of the car,
resting on the top of the rear seats.
I also dropped the armrest in the middle of the rear seats to help keep the board bag on the passenger side of the car.

Even with the boards in this position,
a passenger would still be VERY comfortable in the front passenger seat.
Also, it appeared that a rear passenger on the driver side would have no comfort issues as well.

Now,all I have to do is find a good deal on a G35x with sunroof and I will be all set.

Thanks again.

Last edited by TT C6; 11-09-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:29 PM
NUCLEI-G
cut it in half... Just kidding. Roof would be the best. wash your car and get some smooth towel and then wrap to the roof.