G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Current Remote Starter/Alarm Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007 | 03:30 PM
|
Question Current Remote Starter/Alarm Options?

So I was searching through G35 for remote starter threads, and was wondering if anyone has any comprehensive updates on the remote starter situation for our '07 G35's?

Looks like there's an IDATALINK bypass module that can be used in conjunction with I guess, any remote starter/alarm system? Any suggestions on what to go with? I was thinking of going with Compustar...a reputable brand, and I think I read somewhere they were developing a way to only need one of the remotes, rather than carrying the remote starter AND the intellikey? Or am I mistaken?

As an aside, anyone know where in Edmonton, Canada is a good place to get remote starter installations?

Thanks!

Old 11-07-2007 | 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Deathscythe
So I was searching through G35 for remote starter threads, and was wondering if anyone has any comprehensive updates on the remote starter situation for our '07 G35's?

Looks like there's an IDATALINK bypass module that can be used in conjunction with I guess, any remote starter/alarm system? Any suggestions on what to go with? I was thinking of going with Compustar...a reputable brand, and I think I read somewhere they were developing a way to only need one of the remotes, rather than carrying the remote starter AND the intellikey? Or am I mistaken?

As an aside, anyone know where in Edmonton, Canada is a good place to get remote starter installations?

Thanks!
I remember getting a quote from the dealer for 599 installed I think. That was a while ago

Old 11-07-2007 | 04:31 PM
if you got a 6sp, make sure you dont leave that bad boy in gear.

Old 11-07-2007 | 04:34 PM
^^ +1 on the 6MT.

599 sounds steep. No matter what you do make sure you go to a place you can trust. Considering the amount of electronics in our cars I'd rather pay $600 to save myself the worries.

I only say 599 sounds steep because I got both my parents remote starters. The units themselves should be less than $100 if you shop around (for my old Acura I got a remote starter for $20 on clearance at Target, installed myself) with the installation running under $200. But then again, not sure what the prices are like now...

Old 12-01-2007 | 02:34 PM
I'm also interested in getting one installed in Toronto. I have asked at 3 shops and not one has had experience with an 07 G...

Old 12-02-2007 | 01:30 AM
Will dealers install in the US? I asked my dealer if they could install remote starter in Tustin, CA and they said no way!

Old 12-02-2007 | 04:08 AM
It all depends on the dealership. My local dealership doesn't install Remote Starts either, but I do know Infiniti of Massapequah does.

Old 12-02-2007 | 12:08 PM
Infiniti of Smithtown (NY) uses Jazz Audio to do their installs. Remote start will run you $350 with the module. If you want something fancier like a Viper, it will go up to $500.

Old 12-03-2007 | 01:25 AM
hmm i was thinking bout this i have the compustarpro 9000 on my other car but... with intelli key... hmmmm

Old 12-03-2007 | 02:19 AM
yeah.....i dont care about the remote starter, i just want a better alarm and keep the intelli key functions like the button on door and trunk. Been trying to see what alarm system would allow to keep just one fob and have all those functions

Old 12-03-2007 | 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by pd_
yeah.....i dont care about the remote starter, i just want a better alarm and keep the intelli key functions like the button on door and trunk. Been trying to see what alarm system would allow to keep just one fob and have all those functions

you know...yeah starter is nice to have but if it doesnt intergrate nicely not much point.. only key flaw in the alarm is it doesnt have shock sensors.. you know.. for mazda3 they had an issue with people opening locks with hard dents to the door area braking the locks therefore opening the door w/o setting off the alarm and on the west coast of canada, dealers were installing an extra part to intergrate with the stock immobiliser in that car..adding on a shock sensor.. so if you get banged or watever.. the alarm goes off..

I wonder since both r japanese cars if that part can be used here just to beef up the security.

Old 12-03-2007 | 02:22 PM
I am in this dilemna as well.

You can add a shock sensor to any car but tapping into the trunk pin switch, so essentially for under $100 you can have shock sensor to your factory.

As for remote starter from the keyfob, this can also be done. Using the 2nd lock function (a module intercepts 2 pulse from the lock button) which will engage remote starter. Alot o fcars do this, for example my beloved 06 300C, you can tap in using a MOPAR remote starter to the lock button. Press once to lock, press twice to remote start.

Some people have it on 2nd gen g35's. I would like to learn more about it.

Originally Posted by jdanielsg
you know...yeah starter is nice to have but if it doesnt intergrate nicely not much point.. only key flaw in the alarm is it doesnt have shock sensors.. you know.. for mazda3 they had an issue with people opening locks with hard dents to the door area braking the locks therefore opening the door w/o setting off the alarm and on the west coast of canada, dealers were installing an extra part to intergrate with the stock immobiliser in that car..adding on a shock sensor.. so if you get banged or watever.. the alarm goes off..

I wonder since both r japanese cars if that part can be used here just to beef up the security.

Old 12-03-2007 | 03:29 PM
im going to start looking into this because my neighbors car got broken into the other night and you can tell they looked into my car b/c i saw the two palm prints as if you were looking through a dark window at night trying to see what's in it. Luckily they didnt do anything to it but it makes me want to get an alarm even more, even if that means i gotta carry two fobs around

Old 12-03-2007 | 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by MiniRX7
I am in this dilemna as well.

You can add a shock sensor to any car but tapping into the trunk pin switch, so essentially for under $100 you can have shock sensor to your factory.

As for remote starter from the keyfob, this can also be done. Using the 2nd lock function (a module intercepts 2 pulse from the lock button) which will engage remote starter. Alot o fcars do this, for example my beloved 06 300C, you can tap in using a MOPAR remote starter to the lock button. Press once to lock, press twice to remote start.

Some people have it on 2nd gen g35's. I would like to learn more about it.

thanks for response.. 1st idea not bad at all. 2nd one.. the remote wouldnt be long range so no point? unless u want remote start in a very limited scenario