G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

how important is color combination to you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Question how important is color combination to you?

so i can afford to purchase a new g35 anytime now. the problem is, my local dealers (3) don't have a interior/exterior color combo i want. should i just get one now and live with it, or wait until the dealer gets a color i'm interested in? my current car is in good working order, so from a transportation state, i can wait.

also, would i pay a premium (full msrp) if i have my dealer order my favorite color combo? i'm guessing buying off the lot is the best deal, which i'd prefer.

anyway, how important was color to you when purchasing your g?

Old 11-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for my G i waited for the color combo i wanted, but my previous cars, i didn't have to pay 100% for them so i wasn't picky. You don't want to get buyers remorse

Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
I waited/ordered to get my exact color combo and 6spd. I still got a discount off MSRP.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
very important. you should just be patient and search around some more. it is a good feeling when you get exactly what you wanted. now, if only the 08's ivory pearl came with the graphite interior like it did in 07, it would be the perfect combo for me. but, unfortunately, it only comes in wheat or stone. in this case, it would be ok to settle.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Considering the amount of money this car is going to cost you, the color combination has to be perfect. I could've saved nearly 1K by going with a different dealer that had a different color, but when I went to see it in person, I didn't like it as much as the one that I wanted.

Needless to say, I'm very happy with my color

Old 11-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by g35xdriver
so i can afford to purchase a new g35 anytime now. the problem is, my local dealers (3) don't have a interior/exterior color combo i want. should i just get one now and live with it, or wait until the dealer gets a color i'm interested in? my current car is in good working order, so from a transportation state, i can wait.

also, would i pay a premium (full msrp) if i have my dealer order my favorite color combo? i'm guessing buying off the lot is the best deal, which i'd prefer.

anyway, how important was color to you when purchasing your g?
Not sure if I'm too late on this, but tell them to go find what color combo you want. If they're like Passport Infiniti in Alexandria, VA, they'll go out and find what you want.

If not, take your business elsewhere.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Get what you want.........!

I went thru the same BS when I was looking for my G. The local Stealership
told me I'd have to order the combo I wanted because it was rare. So I
went on line and checked dealerships within a 50 mile radius and found what
I wanted within 25 miles. Apparently some dealerships don't care if they sell
you a car if they have to trade with another agency.......keep looking!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
color combo is very important, if your spendin big money you should be totally happy with your purchase, not just "live with it"
If money is an issue just try to get the best deal on the one you want
gettin the one you want will keep u loving your car in the end

good luck bro

Old 11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
Ordered exactly what I wanted out of state and delivered to my driveway for roughly $700-$750 over invoice.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Wei
yep, def color and package, especially for the 08's..
07's on the other hand is slim pickin's...

Old 11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
agree with most of the sentiments above...color combination is not EVERYTHING...but it's important...you can afford to purchase a
g35 "anytime" so I'd just wait and get what you want exactly the way you want it.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I was looking for IP with graphite first... but when I actually walked into the dealership... I changed my mind almost instantly. LOL

Just like that, I fall in love with the BS... also I love my wheat colored interior. It could have been better if Infiniti came out with the brown interior like they did for the Japanese counterpart.

All in all, I think you should wait/order for the color that you want. Afterall, you're paying close to 40K for the car, and you should get what you like. You know? Besides, it's always nice to see that car you like parked on your drive-way.

EDIT: Oh, and you should be able to get discounts even if you're ordering the car. Do some search from this forum, and you should be able to find lots of info regarding to the prices and etc. GOOD LUCK!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:24 PM
yea i went in with 2-3 color combinations in mind and checked it out in person before deciding but if you have 1 combination that you absolutely want i say wait it out

Old 11-12-2007, 09:02 PM
It's definitely important to get a color combo you like. Aside from your home, your car is the largest single purchase you make. So, you should be happy with your purchase. However, to be realistic about your chances of getting the car you should try to find more than one color combo that will make you happy. I know when I was shopping for my G35 I had at least 3 color combos I would have taken. I ended up with my 2nd choice, but am still very happy.

I'm definitely a believer in the theory that you get a better deal if you take a car off the lot. If you can't find the color you want on the lot don't take a color you'll hate just try a different lot.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:05 PM
i wanted for about a month for the color i wanted.. and it was alllll worth it! cuz i spend time with it everyday.. lol! so yea it's VERY important to me!!! i mean if you're gonna pay that much for a car... you might as well wait for the combination that you REALLY want and be happy about it for the rest of the time you'll be spending with your car =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how important is color combination to you?