G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G35x sport question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35x sport question

I am on the fence between buying a G35x w/sport package or a 335xi. Both meet my needs, but the G35x w/o sport package had a few issues that I hope are addressed with the sport package.

1) The seats lacked lateral support and I slid around when cornering. How much of an improvement are the sport seats? The seats in the G37s felt pretty good, but look different than the images I have seen of the G35s.

2) The sloppy seats were made worse by a lack of dead pedal. Does the G35x w/ sport include a dead pedal?

3) The car handled a little too soft for my taste and tended to push in corners much more than I expected. How much do the sport wheel/tire combo improve this?

Overall I liked the car very well and hope that the sport package will take care of the concerns that I have as I have a hard time shelling out another $7k for the BMW.

Thank you....

Old 12-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
didnt come with dead pedal? As I remmeber it there is some sort of dead pedal, may not be exactly the same as sport, but there is something there? Anyone else chime in?

I would stay away from the sport package if it happend to come with the spoiler as standard it is fugly as hell... the bolstered seats... works if u have a very nice small *** LOL... if you are anything like me it would be useless for you, only be a discomfort. and the side supposedly move... i tried it and seriously maybe the one i tried was faulty but it certainly did not move much at all if it did.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:24 PM
The only dead pedal I saw on the 2007 G35x I drove is a piece of plastic that is molded into the carpet. It appeared to be there mainly as a wear pad for the carpet as it provided essentially no support.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't think anyone has taken delivery yet of a G35x w/sport package due to its late availability. I'm personally waiting for one myself and was told they should be arriving in January.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Assuming they are the same sport seats as in the current Sport sedans, they will definitely solve the problem. They are very snug, I don't move at all in any kind of driving, and you can adjust the bolsters in and out. FYI, at 185 and 5' 11", I fit perfectly (better not gain any weight!) - larger sized people such as a friend of mine, have passed on the Sport due to seat fitment issues.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:25 PM
There is a something pedal down there. Call it a foot rest or brace?
I have owned cars that had a more substantial pedal in that position.
Whatever is there is enough for me.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 06C6Vert
I am on the fence between buying a G35x w/sport package or a 335xi. Both meet my needs, but the G35x w/o sport package had a few issues that I hope are addressed with the sport package.

1) The seats lacked lateral support and I slid around when cornering. How much of an improvement are the sport seats? The seats in the G37s felt pretty good, but look different than the images I have seen of the G35s.

2) The sloppy seats were made worse by a lack of dead pedal. Does the G35x w/ sport include a dead pedal?

3) The car handled a little too soft for my taste and tended to push in corners much more than I expected. How much do the sport wheel/tire combo improve this?

Overall I liked the car very well and hope that the sport package will take care of the concerns that I have as I have a hard time shelling out another $7k for the BMW.

Thank you....
1. Sport seats have much more agressive bolsters, which are also power, and the thigh extension. They do hold you better, IF you fit into them.

2. dead pedal meaning the foot rest on the side? Yes, it has one.

3. The suspension is the same on base and sport models. The tires do improve grip at the cost of bad weather condition performance. By push do you mean understeer? or body roll? Since you are getting the AWD, are you getting it for performance reasons or weather conditions? The summer tires on the sport package will not do very well on snow.

*edit*

Keep in mind that the Sport package does NOT add a LSD on the AWD.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
1. Sport seats have much more agressive bolsters, which are also power, and the thigh extension. They do hold you better, IF you fit into them.

2. dead pedal meaning the foot rest on the side? Yes, it has one.

3. The suspension is the same on base and sport models. The tires do improve grip at the cost of bad weather condition performance. By push do you mean understeer? or body roll? Since you are getting the AWD, are you getting it for performance reasons or weather conditions? The summer tires on the sport package will not do very well on snow.

*edit*

Keep in mind that the Sport package does NOT add a LSD on the AWD.
I believe the tires on the G35x Sport are still all season...it would kinda defeat the purpose otherwise.

The sport package (for us RWD folks anyway) does have a stiffer suspension, I thought the same applied for the G35x...otherwise it'd be more of a sport APPEARANCE package.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
My mistake. The AWD sport package still retains All Season tires, but with the 18 inch rim.

To my knowledge, the Sport package does NOT change the suspension on the G35 sedan; the 4 Wheel Active Steering does. (I'd love to get confirmation on this, because I swore that the sport had a stiffer suspension.... could be purely psychological. The brochures, Infiniti website, and my Infiniti rep all tell me that the suspension is the same.)

This is different from the coupe, which gets the stiffer suspension with the Sport package.

Last edited by mIKE; 12-13-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:00 PM
It's definitely a sport "appearance" package, no lsd, no suspension changes, no brakes changes. Basically your paying for 18" wheels that will handle worse in adverse conditions, sport seats, and paddle shifters that can be added to any G model. I think the X sport package is a total rip off.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Mike,
Back before the '07s were released, Infiniti stated that the 4WAS package would add the stiffer suspension, but then when the '07s were available, it appeared that the sport suspension became part of the G35S trim. Most of the review sites made the comment that this had changed and I could have sworn infiniti's literature said the same thing.

With the '08s, it appears that the infiniti web site now only lists the sport suspension as part of the '08 4WAS package. Anyone have access to the '07 spec sheet somewhere, brochure, archive of the web page, etc to verify?

Old 12-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for your feedback!! It sounds like the sport seats will work better for me 5'-11"/175, some sort of dead pedal is there, and the 18" rims should firm up the ride a little bit. The handling sloppyness I felt seemed to come from the tires more than the suspension. Whether this is true or not remains to be seen. We only have snow here a few times out of the year, so the small change in snow grip does not deter me.

My local dealer has agreed to sell one at $500 over invoice so I will probably go for it if the trade-in is fair..... Well, as I was typing this the BMW dealership called back after declining my offer on a 335xi earlier today and decided to match the $500 over invoice!

We will see what happens tomorrow!!! Thanks again for your help.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06C6Vert
Thanks for your feedback!! It sounds like the sport seats will work better for me 5'-11"/175, some sort of dead pedal is there, and the 18" rims should firm up the ride a little bit. The handling sloppyness I felt seemed to come from the tires more than the suspension. Whether this is true or not remains to be seen. We only have snow here a few times out of the year, so the small change in snow grip does not deter me.

My local dealer has agreed to sell one at $500 over invoice so I will probably go for it if the trade-in is fair..... Well, as I was typing this the BMW dealership called back after declining my offer on a 335xi earlier today and decided to match the $500 over invoice!

We will see what happens tomorrow!!! Thanks again for your help.
thats too much. I paid $150 over invoice..cash.... if ur financing etc you should be getting invoice or less, coz they make more money.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
thats too much. I paid $150 over invoice..cash.... if ur financing etc you should be getting invoice or less, coz they make more money.
If you take advantage of the 2.9 or 3.9 APR specials, the dealer is not allowed to mark up the rate. Thus you can figure out how much the dealer is making on the financing.

500 over invoice is a great deal; you have to keep in mind that different areas have different markets, and not everyone can get a deal as good as yours

Here in Southern California, we have to be SUPER agressive to sell cars