G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Rattle coming from Moonroof in '08 G35S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattle coming from Moonroof in '08 G35S

Has anyone had a problem with a rattle (apparently) coming from the moonroof in their '08?

My car seems to be tight and solid everywhere except for a rattle that appears to come from above and behind me when the road gets rough.

Wanted to see if it's just me or a common problem.

TIA.

And here are some boobies to encourage a response:

Old 12-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had no issues with my 08 6MT. Though I've only had it for about 900 miles.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Im having this addressed on Monday, Its been there since the day I bought the car and I've just been waiting till all the tsb issues that were going to appear did before I took the car in. This issue is not listed as a tsb but my service advisor knew what I was talking about when I mentioned it and he said they would take care of it. Take it in next time you need an oil change and have it addressed.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Check the "Sun Shade"

its these little acordian looking things on the sides...

Old 12-14-2007, 09:04 PM
moonroof rattle

I have an early '07 Journey and it has the same rattle. I hear it when the temperature is above 65 or so. It doesn't rattle in cold weather. I have had the car in twice. The last time the tech rode with me but , of course, it didn't rattle. I bang on the headliner behind the moon roof and that sems to induce the rattle. I'll speak to the dealer next time it goes in for service. If anyone has had it fixed, please post the fix.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:25 AM
I had this issue before.
My dealer already fixed this issue.
My rattle sound was coming from the rubber around the moonroof.
To fix this issue, the dealer sprayed the silicone lubricant on the rubber.
After that, the sound was gone.
So I also bought a 3M silicone lubricant to lubricate the rubber.
You can refer to below 3M's product.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...beGSGRCGLTDBgl

Old 08-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by willis
I have an early '07 Journey and it has the same rattle. I hear it when the temperature is above 65 or so. It doesn't rattle in cold weather. I have had the car in twice. The last time the tech rode with me but , of course, it didn't rattle. I bang on the headliner behind the moon roof and that sems to induce the rattle. I'll speak to the dealer next time it goes in for service. If anyone has had it fixed, please post the fix.
Any solution to this problem? I have tried the silicone spray, and still experience the rattle. Mine sounds like it is in the same location as yours, and can be heard when banging on the headliner.
Thanks

Old 08-27-2008, 06:18 PM
I have the same problem as you. At first it would rattle and then my sunroof got stuck and wouldnt close. After messing with the sunroof for about 10 minutes and trying to get it to close it finally did but now one side of the sunroof sinks down more then the other. Long story short I took it to the dealership and they said a bolt broke off and I need to have it replaced. Just a little pissed because i havent been able to open my sunroof for 2 weeks in this hot Southern Cali weather and when i wash my car a little bit of water always trickles in.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 PM
my car only rattles with the actual glass is closed and the sun shade is opened. the guy from riverside tried to tell me there was no possible way to fix this rattle without making the moonroof inoperatable.

also have the moonroof leaking issue. drove through tn and it was pooring rain and i got more wet inside the car than i wanted too.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by archie
my car only rattles with the actual glass is closed and the sun shade is opened. the guy from riverside tried to tell me there was no possible way to fix this rattle without making the moonroof inoperatable.
Thats the problem I have. Small rattle when the sunshade is open that goes away when closed.

Have about 5000 miles on it in 2 1/2 months so it hasn't been in to service yet.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:50 AM
easy problem in our sunroofs for a reasons the bolts get loose just needs to be tighten go to the dealer very quick fix do it befor the chain falls off then it just stays open :O)

Old 08-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by mikeschempp
easy problem in our sunroofs for a reasons the bolts get loose just needs to be tighten go to the dealer very quick fix do it befor the chain falls off then it just stays open :O)
Anybody have an idea of what must be tightened? A writeup or pictures would be helpful.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:15 PM
dunno, dealership handles it

Old 08-30-2008, 04:51 PM
i think there is a few bolts holding the chains together and for some reason they get striped or loosen up over time just need to get it tightened or replaced by the dealer quick in and out

Old 09-27-2008, 05:49 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
There's a bulletin for the sunroof not sealing properly, and there's another for a loose sunroof finisher on 07 sedans.

http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca...7&sort=d&pp=10

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattle coming from Moonroof in '08 G35S