G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

End of December = Good Time to Buy??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
End of December = Good Time to Buy??

I was wondering what everyone thought. Is the end of the calendar year REALLY a good time to buy? Do the dealers really need to move inventory this time of year? Is it possible that true bargains could be had during the holiday season??

Thanks to all for your insight & response & Happy Holidays!!

Old 12-20-2007, 09:13 AM
much depends on where you are, what you want, what is in stock, and the weather.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Art is right.
If your looking to buy an SUV in the winter and you live in Colorado, you probably won't get a great deal. If your trying to buy a convertible sports car in the winter in Colorado, you probably will get a good price. It all depends on what you're trying to buy, and where you are.

Last edited by LikeIStoleIt; 12-21-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm on Beautiful Long Island.

Last edited by tabs31; 12-22-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Sales people, including sales managers, have sales quotas to fill each month, quarter and year (calendar and model years). Typically, you can get them to bargain most towards the end of the month.

That said, Infiniti has been selling very well, so I agree that it depends on the dealer.

When I bought my G last September I contacted 6 dealers by email and got the best price I could find. Then I went to the closest one (160 miles away) and asked them to match the price. They actually beat it, found me the exact car I was looking for, and I drove away two weeks later.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by tabs31
I'm on Beautiful Long Island.
Me too. I live in Suffolk County.

Last month I dealt with Lauren Karakasians of Competition Infiniti in St. James. Drop her an email, tell her what you're looking for and ask for her best price. sales@competitioninfiniti.com.

I showed her this forum this week, but don't know if she has joined yet.

Competition did well by me: price was a little below Dealer's Cost and the car was sitting in their lot waiting for me.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've heard something about them having to pay taxes on every car on the lot December 31. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Either way, the "best time to buy" has more to do with monthly incentives (rebates etc.) than the time of the year. If the incentives are better, you'll get a better deal.

When a new model year comes out (2008) you can get a great deal on leftover 2007s. But, when a new model comes out varies from brand to brand. You'll get a HUGE deal if it's a new redesign. But, then you're stuck with a brand new... old car.

You can usually get a pretty good deal/price quote by contacting the internet manager through a dealers website. Many times they'll sell without a dealer fee (saves you like $600).

Old 12-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I should note, I build/sell newspaper ads for auto dealers.

The prices they're advertising are no cheaper than they have been for the last few months.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, I have my new car!

A beautiful Black on Graphite G35X w/ Premium, Nav, and Rosewood. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for AND I was able to get it VERY locally from our friend Kenny Chan (DaMayor) of Infiniti of Massapequa.

Kenny set me up with a deal that was beyond my expectation and as many of you already know, was an absolute gentleman & complete professional to deal with. I can't recommend Kenny enough. It's nice to meet people who enjoy what they do for a living AND take pride in it at the same time.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Welcome Aboard and congrats!

Have lots of fun

Old 12-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tabs31
Well, I have my new car!

A beautiful Black on Graphite G35X w/ Premium, Nav, and Rosewood. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for AND I was able to get it VERY locally from our friend Kenny Chan (DaMayor) of Infiniti of Massapequa.

Kenny set me up with a deal that was beyond my expectation and as many of you already know, was an absolute gentleman & complete professional to deal with. I can't recommend Kenny enough. It's nice to meet people who enjoy what they do for a living AND take pride in it at the same time.
haha you must have gotten the car I was supposed to get from him, I went with Competition Infiniti, how much did you end up paying.. I went elsewhere coz he moves so slowly and has no idea whats going on.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
haha you must have gotten the car I was supposed to get from him, I went with Competition Infiniti, how much did you end up paying.. I went elsewhere coz he moves so slowly and has no idea whats going on.
My experience was quite different!

We exchanged 2 emails, spoke once on the phone. (15 mins elapsed time).

I then drove to the dealership (10 mins elapsed time).

We then signed the deal. (5 mins. elapsed time).

Picked car up next day. (It was ready 2 hrs. before it was scheduled to be).

Kenny was an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE to deal with! I can't recommend him any higher.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
good for you mine had to be done via phone fax before pick up so when it comes to that he wasnt too good at it. glad ur experience was good. I wuldnt recommend him to non in person buyers tho. If you paid more than $36,800 (his quote which was also $200 more than I paid) before taxes you paid too much, just so u know LOL since ur not saying anything about prices...

Old 12-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
good for you mine had to be done via phone fax before pick up so when it comes to that he wasnt too good at it. glad ur experience was good. I wuldnt recommend him to non in person buyers tho. If you paid more than $36,800 (his quote which was also $200 more than I paid) before taxes you paid too much, just so u know LOL since ur not saying anything about prices...
Sorry, I paid less than that.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
good stuff now we have twin cars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: End of December = Good Time to Buy??