G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

OMG!!! Wind noise driving me insane

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG!!! Wind noise driving me insane

I took it in to the dealer about two weeks ago to get it fixed but they didn't fix it. When the car is going about 50 mph or above there is wind noise coming from what it seems to be the two front side windows. It seems like the window is cracked open. And on windy days it just drives me insane. Any one else experience this or am I just picky? If you have the problem fixed, please let me now what the dealer did to fix it.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
if you mean kind of a shrieking noise, yes. I posted a thread about this a week or so ago. No known fix yet.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i went to a dealer twice, but never got it fixed.
first visit, they said that they fixed it, but they never did.
second visit, they said that they don't hear any wind noises, so they refused to fix it.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I've had mine since April and never had wind noise...
mine just started this weekend from the driver's side.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine has gotten increasingly worse and worse... to the point now in your left ear you would SWEAR the window is cracked open.

I'm going to hold back on bugging the dealer until a fix is posted... Until then, anything is going to be a hack job repair and may or may not fix it.

Sucks

Old 12-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
call infiniti consumer afairs and they will send you to a dealer that will care more for your concern...

Infiniti Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin TN 37068-5003
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time / Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

Old 12-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jason@Riverside
call infiniti consumer afairs and they will send you to a dealer that will care more for your concern...

Infiniti Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin TN 37068-5003
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time / Pacific Time
Monday through Friday
Irony #1, I can walk to the new Nissan Corporate office building and hand deliver my issue.

Irony #2, Nashville and it's surround cities (which include Franklin), have only ONE Infiniti dealership.

If I don't like their service, the next closest is two hours away.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:10 PM
I thought I am the only one. I had it fixed at the dealer, three times but they could not fix it. The last time, they give me this excuse "It is within the factory **** and there is nothing we (Infiniti) can do any more". The sad part is out of the 4 loaners, all 07 G sedans, 3 of them make the noise, but one does not. I am sorry but for a $40K lux car this is not acceptable. I am not done with it yet.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:28 PM
I used to have these problems. If we are talking about the same issue. There is 2 different one actually. 1 can come from the rear small triangle window on the rear side door and 1 from the big roll up/down window from the front. I had both of them.

Rear window(triangle). I've got them to replace the window with the weather strip and it fixed the problem. When we drove the car with the tech guy, he heard it and he pushed the window a little bit from inside and the noise was gone. So they ordered a new set and it fixed the problem.

Front was a bad one. First it came out was just a light one and it got worst by the time. Then I realized if I just roll the window down a bit( just to take the pressure off from the window motor) it went away. So they adjusted the window motor not to go to far when it rolls up. It was much better only heard it on higher speed. Then they replaced the weather strip. Was almost perfect. I only heard it at 110 mph and they adjusted the limiter a bit more. Now I am free of any wind noise.

This is the same noise I had. Listen carefully at the end of the video. Just before hit 200 km/h.

http://

TG

Last edited by tg1234; 12-26-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by tg1234
Front was a bad one. First it came out was just a light one and it got worst by the time. Then I realized if I just roll the window down a bit( just to take the pressure off from the window motor) it went away. So they adjusted the window motor not to go to far when it rolls up. It was much better only heard it on higher speed. Then they replaced the weather strip. Was almost perfect. I only heard it at 110 mph and they adjusted the limiter a bit more. Now I am free of any wind noise.

This is the same noise I had. Listen carefully at the end of the video. Just before hit 200 km/h.

http://http://youtube.com/watch?v=enJUBq7pP-M
Even with cleaning up that link, I still couldn't pull up the video.

I tried the 'roll down slightly' method, and still didn't help.

Eh, other than that... it's the ONLY complaint.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:49 AM
I get some noise from the left rear window, Kinda sucks, but not as bad as the service at the local dealership. Infiniti 'service' is an oxymoron. They know less about the cars they have than I do. Sad....Very sad.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:15 PM
THANK GOD I FOUND THIS THREAD!!!

i have had my 07 G35 for about 8 months and this wind noise is making me NUTS.

I HATE MY CAR.

I've had it in for service 3 times and still the problem remains.

PLEASE PLEASE keep me posted on a real fix for this

Old 01-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Kenny G35
THANK GOD I FOUND THIS THREAD!!!

i have had my 07 G35 for about 8 months and this wind noise is making me NUTS.

I HATE MY CAR.

I've had it in for service 3 times and still the problem remains.

PLEASE PLEASE keep me posted on a real fix for this
lol... arent u glad u found this

Old 03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I need to trade in my '04 Acura TL and after extensive research have determined that the G35 is the best car for the money on the market. However, I've test driven both the standard G35x and just this past weekend the G35x Sport. I was shocked after hearing significant wind noise (howling) coming from what sounded like the front passenger side area, either near the windshield pillar or the window in both cars. This would occur after the car accelerated past 60mph. I'm very concerned about leasing a G if this is the norm. It's doubly frustrating as I have the "D Plan" through my employer and can lease one for a significant discount.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:13 PM
2006 G35 Coupe. I too have the wind noise above 45mph and it sounds like if I had the window cracked open. Sounds like it's coming from the top left corner edge pillar. I took mine to the dealer and at first they said they didn't hear anything unusual other than the normal road noise. I told them to go check it out again. They checked it out again and said they had to realigned the window. That didn't help and actually made it worse. I took it back to them and they did something else to it and my window couldn't roll down. They then had to order and replace the motor. At the end, the wind noise is still there, maybe worse off now, so I'm afraid to take it backt to them and might just have to live with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OMG!!! Wind noise driving me insane