G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Service Bulletin for drive side window noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Just so I'm clear - my understanding of your window issue was flow noise at speed, NOT the window screeching as it rolled up or down. Is that correct?

This is the issue I'm experiencing.

Thanks!

Sorry man

It was an answere for isag35. He is having problem when he is rolling the windows up and down. That's why I said it could be the window tint.

What I had was the annoying noise at the high speed.

TG

Sorry if I was missleading you

Old 01-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow wrxrocks, your hate is intense! maybe you should have gotten a WRX

Old 01-25-2008, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by CoppellStereo
wow wrxrocks, your hate is intense! maybe you should have gotten a WRX

I did and now waiting for STI. What is your point? If you are not helping just get lost. You would have the same reaction when you just spent $40k and got the noise that is not there for the car half its price.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by tg1234
Sorry man

It was an answere for isag35. He is having problem when he is rolling the windows up and down. That's why I said it could be the window tint.

What I had was the annoying noise at the high speed.

TG

Sorry if I was missleading you
Well.. actually first I am a She! but yes I do have tint. However, I could swear that I didn't have the noise before and I have had the tint since the second day I had the car. It is only the drivers front window and all my windows are tinted so its something special about the drivers side. It is very embarassing when going through a drive thru window!

Old 01-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Sorry about the he/ she. I guess it is just a bad habbit to think everybody on this forum have a deep voice, drinking beer and only thing is in the mind is the car.Sorry again.

Anyways, It is weird why it only does it to the driverside. I thought for sure because you are using that a lot more.

Maybe a little wax would help or rainx.

It won't rain here for awhile. If anybody would try it maybe we can see if it works.

tg

Old 01-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While I don't have the wind noise, I've had two cars in the past that had this and it's an easy fix. you just need to locate the point of the noise. Can you tell me where it's coming from roughly? top of door, or bottom? more toward the front or by the side pilar?

Typically noise is generated from a curled or liped piece of body metal acting as a flute. the fix is usually as simple as putting bubble gum in the curl. I would suspect it's the same on the G. Give me the ball park area it's coming from and I'll check it out for possible sources.

Do any of you have the sport model?

edit: Chasing these down is really easy, tape 1/2 the door seals, then get it through the passenger side and see if it still does it. Using that method, narrow down the location. Wind-whistles are very easy to fix. The one on my Maxima ended up being the way the paint finished at the corner of the door, it was like a blob all I did was put a drop of clear epoxy on the inside and it altered the airflow enough that it couldn't be heard any longer.

Last edited by kring; 01-25-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by tg1234
Sorry about the he/ she. I guess it is just a bad habbit to think everybody on this forum have a deep voice, drinking beer and only thing is in the mind is the car.Sorry again.

Anyways, It is weird why it only does it to the driverside. I thought for sure because you are using that a lot more.

Maybe a little wax would help or rainx.

It won't rain here for awhile. If anybody would try it maybe we can see if it works.

tg
It is not a problem.. just feels weird being called a he.. and I know this site has a majority of guys on here...

It is raining like crazy here so I can try some rainx and let you know.. it really doesnt bother me much since I rarely roll my window up or down in the rain but again just the occasional drive thru

Old 01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
I know it can be annoying. Same here I don't roll much my windows up and down.

tg

Old 01-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by kring
While I don't have the wind noise, I've had two cars in the past that had this and it's an easy fix. you just need to locate the point of the noise. Can you tell me where it's coming from roughly? top of door, or bottom? more toward the front or by the side pilar?

Typically noise is generated from a curled or liped piece of body metal acting as a flute. the fix is usually as simple as putting bubble gum in the curl. I would suspect it's the same on the G. Give me the ball park area it's coming from and I'll check it out for possible sources.

Do any of you have the sport model?

edit: Chasing these down is really easy, tape 1/2 the door seals, then get it through the passenger side and see if it still does it. Using that method, narrow down the location. Wind-whistles are very easy to fix. The one on my Maxima ended up being the way the paint finished at the corner of the door, it was like a blob all I did was put a drop of clear epoxy on the inside and it altered the airflow enough that it couldn't be heard any longer.
I have tried to tape the window. I spend 1/2 day trying it but no luck. I have taped all possible area where the noise might has come from, but no luck. The noise is still there. I am running out of the possible solution. Anyone else might have a different idea? Please help

Old 01-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Am thinking either it's the window regulator (window goes up too far) as described by someone else, or it's the some harmonic from the window trim or mirror. Hadn't thought about chasing it down, might try that - the trouble is, without a cross-wind the noise only happens over 100, so long-term testing is problematic...

Old 06-25-2008, 06:23 PM
2006 G35 Coupe. I too have the wind noise above 45mph and it sounds like if I had the window cracked open. Sounds like it's coming from the top left corner edge pillar. I took mine to the dealer and at first they said they didn't hear anything unusual other than the normal road noise. I told them to go check it out again. They checked it out again and said they had to realigned the window. That didn't help and actually made it worse. I took it back to them and they did something else to it and my window couldn't roll down. They then had to order and replace the regulator/motor. At the end, the wind noise is still there, maybe worse off now, so I'm afraid to take it backt to them and might just have to live with it.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
mine start at exactly 115mph each time soo annoying