G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08
View Poll Results: 2007 Sedan Owners: Are you happy with your new ECM update?
TSB ITB07-028a applied, overall/very satisfied (no regrets, car feels better or the same, etc.)
36.84%
TSB ITB07-028a applied, NOT satified (car feels slower, want old ECM back)
10.53%
TSB ITB07-045 applied, overall/very satisfied (no regrets, car feels better or the same, etc.)
38.60%
TSB ITB07-045 applied, NOT satified (car feels slower, want old ECM back)
14.04%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

ECM Update Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive it in CITY traffic condiitons. I think you'll find that stopping and then stepping on the gas, feels more controlled, a little less "jerky", better control of the throttle, BUT with a touch of hesitation. That's what i sense anyway. Hope your ICC control works better !!

Old 02-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
Not sure if it is the the Texaco gas or my current mileage but my G feels more powerful now than ever. I'm on 045. It's funny I think my throttle response almost feels like it did before I had 028a applied.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:16 AM
I feel the same sometimes, but its probably because I'm getting use to the new throttle response. Still no complaints about 045.

Originally Posted by treacherous
Not sure if it is the the Texaco gas or my current mileage but my G feels more powerful now than ever. I'm on 045. It's funny I think my throttle response almost feels like it did before I had 028a applied.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car still jerks but less like before!! Should i ask them to do TSB 045 maybe it will fix the problem?

Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm thinking of getting the 045 TSB too. I feel slight hesitation after application of 028. How do get this done.??

Old 02-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just print TSB and give it to them!!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I had the TSB 028 applied before Christmas and felt it did help the throttle sensitivity, but not as much as I had hoped for. After reading the forum here and finding out about Cold Start TSB 045, I went to my dealer and asked to have it done. I always download and print out the TSB and hand it to them. The service rep at the dealership is quite good and never gives me grief. After having TSB 045 applied I have to agree that the results are much more noticeable. Easier to drive the vehicle smoothly. If you want this car to be fast, that has not been lost with the TSB 045. Put it into DS and drive it like it was stolen. As has been mentioned before in these forums, the computer does try to adapt to your driving style. So if you drive it agressively for a bit, the cars character and response does change. To me the smoother throttle tip-in while stuck in horrible stop and go Toronto traffic and the much too frequent snow storms this winter is a welcome change.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Oh CANADA: Do U feel the slight hesitation after 045?? I have read here in the forum and elsewhere that the car adapts to the driver's style. Maybe it is a reaction to the fact that I'm using the car lately for short 1-2 mile commutes??

Old 02-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Yes I do feel that slight hesitation sometimes. I think when you drive it in stop and go traffic or very casually (for better fuel economy) the computer learns to be more lazy. Try driving it more agressively, the computer will adapt to your lead right foot. This car is fast, there is no question about that, it's way too easy to exceed the speed limit (Hi Officer ) without realizing how fast you are going.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:55 PM
i just got the car back and got both ITB done. the car feel slower than before, i mean alot slower. enough for me to turn back after 2 exit and off to the dealer. ask the service guy and the tech came out and stated we update your ecu so it should take about a week or so to get use to your driving habits. im gonna give it about a week, if it doesnt go back to normal its going back.
on the side i did get the clutch slave done and it does feel better. not as stiff as before so its less stress on my foot.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Post 028 ECU Update Mileage Changes ?

Somewhere in the forum there was thread about the MPG getting better after the ECU updates TSB 028 or TSB 045. I had 028 ECU updat done about 3-4 weeks ago. I swear that the City Mileage has gotter worse. Yes, I'm only commuting a short distance to & From a Train station (2-3 miles each way) in cold weather, but I'm getting about 12 MPG (average speed is only 16 MPH) per the trip computer. I thought it was better than that B 4 application of the ECU update. Anybody else??

Old 03-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Well, I took the car in today for a free oil change and decided to attempt to get the 045 TSB done. I told the service advisor that my car idled rough and had some engine fluctuation for the first 5-10 minutes of driving. I also said the problem was intermittant. They took about 75 minutes to do the oil change and car wash. The asst. mgr came back and said that I would have to make an appointment next week to leave the car overnight so that they can attempt to replicate the problem. No sweat I thought. I get a loaner car and it's on my way to work. My car's throttle was super sensitive. I need to be very gentle on the accelerator or else me and my passengers are thrown back in the seat. Even though they said they did nothing, my throttle is not sensitive at all in comparison to what I've experienced since the purchase of the car. Is it possible they did it?

Old 04-13-2008, 08:31 AM
ecm reflash

Originally Posted by adamr001
Your dealer is smoking crack. There's no limitation to AT only on ITB07-28a.

It's limited strictly to VINs. Here's the VIN list:
JNKBV61 E (*) 7M 728124 / 03-Jul-2007 (without Intelligent Cruise Control)
JNKBV61 F (*) 7M 822387 / 03-Jul-2007 (without Intelligent Cruise Control)
JNKBV61 E (*) 7M 728586 / 10-Jul-2007 (with Intelligent Cruise Control)
JNKBV61 F (*) 7M 822720 / 10-Jul-2007 (with Intelligent Cruise Control)

My 6mt was in one of the ranges above and was handled with no complaints by the service department. Assuming your VIN matches one of the aboves, go to the FAQ sticky above and print the TSB and take it to them.

Another option is to call Infiniti Consumer Affairs (see the 800# on the Infiniti web page) and verify that the TSB applies to your vehicle. There's an option off of the 800# for just this purpose. Again, you'll need your VIN.

If the service manager argues, make the call to Infiniti with him present.
Hey Man. I was wondering if you had the reflash done to your 07 g35s 6mt? I had mine reflashed and now my car seems alot slower (second gear does not pull hard at all). What did you experience? It is alot smoother now but doesnt pull that hard through the gears. Thanks for your help

Old 04-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by adamr001
You can find a copy of the TSB here.

In the TSB it lists the VIN ranges that are effected. IF your VIN falls in that range, and you're unhappy with the sensativity of the throttle (or gas mileage, imo) then should consider the TSB. Otherwise skip it.

Personally, I vastly prefer the car post-reflash and have found no ill effects from the work. Some people disagree.
Hi. i have the same model car as you and i noticed before the reflash my car was so much faster. The car is easier to drive now but my gas mileage has dropped significantly as well. Second gear doesnt pull like it used to. My wife drove it and feels the same way. I reset the ecu (12 hour reset) and still feels the same. Any thoughts what happened?

Thanks

Old 04-13-2008, 09:54 AM
My 6mt didn't feel any slower (or any faster) after the 028a reflash. Dunno what to tell you. Second gear still puts my **** in the back seat and more than a few times I've slid her around the track on pure power in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Remember though that this car does adapt to your driving style and that post reflash (or post reset) it will have to "relearn" your driving tendancies. I'm not sure how much of an effect that has or not.

As to mpg? Mine's still directly tied to how I use the throttle. If I constantly accellerate, my city mpg is about 16-17. If I try and hold a steady pace (regardless of how hard I accellerate to get there), my city mpg is about 18-19. On the highway I've managed upwards of 26mpg with average speeds upwards of 65mph (well over 400 miles on a single tank, was around 450mi on ~17ga).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECM Update Poll