G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Anyone have problems with rear doors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
door won't open

this just happened to my front driver's side door tonight and it was actually really warm outside today in NY.
When I got home and tried to close the door, it popped back open, I then tried it a few more times and it still wouldn't close. Next, I sat back into the driver's seat pulled the door shut next to me and played with the lock/unlock switch inside the car. This worked to get the door to close...but I was now locked in and my front door won't open from the inside or the outside!
I had to climb over to the passenger seat to get out. Now, I've tried everything from locking and unlocking with key fob to door handle buttons...my driver's side door is the only one that will not open.
sigh, taking it in to the dealer tomorrow to fix this.
hey PiDD and JS7773, did we just get a bad batch of handles?

Old 02-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess so.

Last time I checked the door latch replacements for my car were still backordered.

Mine is the driver's rear door, not the driver's door.

I'm sure looking forward to getting it fixed for good though.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by PiDD
My back door handle broke ... same symptoms as yours... one day I went to close the door and it bounced back at me. I was able to press down the lock and close the door and have it stay closed. It was a nice summer day for me .. not cold at all.

I took it to the dealer and they said it was a known problem and replaced the handle.

I have been fine ever since.
Originally Posted by JS7773
I'm glad at least one other person has had this issue. Thanks for the info.

They did fix the door once, but when it is cold outside (especially after sitting over night) it feels like the door doesn't want to open. I leave for work before the service department opens, so I've been waiting until I had time to take it back in.

I actually have an appointment this Wednesday, so hopefully they will resolve it this time.

Thanks.
Add one more door handle problem to the list.
It appears as though my outside rear door handle has become disconnected also. It is loose and does nothing. I can only open the door with the inside handle. This occured when it was warm out. The outside door handle was stiff, I gave it a light pull and it pulled out but nothing happened.
I take mine to the Dealer to get fixed at the end of this week.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Hey Wayne; for having to drive all the way to Guelph they should let you test out the owners white GTR...in the snow (if we have any left by then)
Good luck with the handle.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:02 PM
That white GT-R was not the owners. They sold it to a hockey player who came back from Europe. The owner has a different color.

That's a long drive for a hopefully quick fix.

tg

Old 12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by tg1234
That white GT-R was not the owners. They sold it to a hockey player who came back from Europe. The owner has a different color.

That's a long drive for a hopefully quick fix.

tg
Well, thats what they told me when I asked "why does the GTR in the Infiniti show room have a NOT FOR SALE or LEASE sign on it".
I guess they lied.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Hey Wayne; for having to drive all the way to Guelph they should let you test out the owners white GTR...in the snow (if we have any left by then)
Good luck with the handle.
I tried last time I was down there Paul, but they wouldn't let it out ofthe showroom.
My handle has been busted for a couple of months now, I just waited until I was ready to get the car serviced, and do it all in one trip. Perhaps try out a new Sedan or 09 FX, and the wife wants to do some shopping.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Angry

Well now I am really pi$$ed-off !!!!!!

My other rear door will not open at all,
not from the inside,
and,
not from the outside.

In other words "I now have a 2 door in a sedan's body"

My other rear door will only open from the inside since the outside door handle has become disconnected and just hangs there.

I have an appointment to take it in tomorrow for the one side, now they will have to work on both sides.
The problem is they have snowsquall warnigs posted for tomorrow with heavy snow and poor visibility. It takes me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get there in good weather.

SHIZNITTS I'm MAD

Old 12-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Well now I am really pi$$ed-off !!!!!!

My other rear door will not open at all,
not from the inside,
and,
not from the outside.

In other words "I now have a 2 door in a sedan's body"

My other rear door will only open from the inside since the outside door handle has become disconnected and just hangs there.

I have an appointment to take it in tomorrow for the one side, now they will have to work on both sides.
The problem is they have snowsquall warnigs posted for tomorrow with heavy snow and poor visibility. It takes me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get there in good weather.

SHIZNITTS I'm MAD
It's just not worth it to drive in this weather Wayne. There will be nicer days ahead.
Happy Holidays!

Old 12-19-2008, 06:23 PM
It's just not worth it to drive in this weather Wayne. There will be nicer days ahead.
Happy Holidays!
Thanks Paul, I went to Guelph today anyways. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive down and a 2 hour drive back.

I tell you the X with Blizzaks rocks

Wish you and yours a nice Christmas.
Wayne

Old 12-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Well, thats what they told me when I asked "why does the GTR in the Infiniti show room have a NOT FOR SALE or LEASE sign on it".
I guess they lied.
I know they kept saying that so people won't ask for the testdrive. But it was on sale just for serious buyers. It was on the autotrader also. Anyways it is gone now. When they replaced my grill they were detailing it. The guy was picking it up next day.

tg

Old 12-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Well , just an update on my rear outside door handles.
One side is fied (thats the one that stopped working a few days ago.

The other one that became disconected a few months ago is a different story. They said it was caused from the cold, well that one broke in early Nov. It was nice out when it failed. They said it was fixed. So I started up the car and tried that door, holy shiznitts, it didn't feel right and I didn't open the dor. I had the tech come out and try to open it. Dam it was nooo good. So here we are wanting to do the 2 hour drive home before dark, and we took it back in the shop, we sat around for another hour. Finally I said we want to go. The door needs a new cable and some other parts ordered for the handle, and we are not supposed to use that door . HECK , that is why we did the 2 hour drive to get this fixed, now it is no different.
Now we must wait for the parts to come in.

The Saga continues. I now have a 3 door in a 4 doors body

Old 12-20-2008, 04:22 PM
That sucks Wayne. I'm sure next time you are in that you will remind them that you don't live around the corner.
BTW...what is the cause of this door problem? Like you said - it's obviously not only due to the cold if it happened months ago. Do they have any idea?

Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, it was really cold last night...even in my garage. When I went to open the rear left door this morning the handle felt stiff and immovable then suddenly gave way. The handle is now loose an shaky but it still works for the time being.
Looks like I'm heading to Guelph soon.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
really????
I wonder if this is design related, or a bad run of parts?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have problems with rear doors?