G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

07' G35S 6MT - 9mo Service (ECU/Clutch Slave/etc)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JS7773
I suppose that I should have specified...

Page two of the bulletin in the Parts Information section is where we got this from. It doesn't specifically include the 6MT, but it does specifically include the A/T. Applied Model is G35S Badge (Sport A/T model)

Since it specifically states that it applies to the A/T model my dealership and I both read that is may not apply to the 6MT.

They called for clarification and an updated bulletin should be released shortly.

So, my ECU was reflashed but my ICC was not replaced until the new bulletin is released.

I hope that clarifies my earlier comment. Sorry for any confusion.

Ahh, I re-read that too. It looks like the sensor replacement may be optional on the 6MT, but the flash isn't.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by ON_6MT
VDC on or off makes no difference, tried both modes, car still behaves as it does. Also the slip indicator never lights up as this problem mostly occurs during times when accelrating harder but not to the point that the wheels would break traction.
No idea what the problem might be then. My experience is pretty clearly VDC.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by BrianV
I also have 9k and am scheduling an appointment. I have many of the same issues. If anyone has any more info that would help me describe the problems to my dealer, please let me know:

- Weather seal on passenger side is visually messed up
- I get wind noises from the driver side and passenger window (sounds like a seal issue)
- Sunroof accordion lining constantly comes undone.
- 6MT Clutch Slave Cylinder recall
- Intelligent Key Recall
- Cruise Control Jerk/Throttle sluggishness
- High Cold Idle (2300RPM or so)
- Tranny makes rattle noise like a **** when the clutch isn't depressed
- Bluetooth loses voicetags - ITB07015

Am I missing anything obvious?
Despite my dealers initial reluctance to admit anything was wrong, they just called and said they fixed everything except the high cold idle, saying that 2500 RPM cold starts are within operating range. I did have to verbally give them the ITBs for the bluetooth and the cruise control which they applied both. That said, it looks like I got the 028a flash and not the 045. Based on my research the 028a seems like it has a positive response. I'll be posting my feedback later.

They did replace ALL my weatherstrips which I'm really glad since i had some crazy wind noise problems. After having my loaner car 06 G35, I realized how bad my wind noise was. PS - I can't wait to drop off the 06, it's just way less cool. Its exhaust drone gets annoying quick as well.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Well windnoise is WAY down and the new clutch feel is totally different, I think better. It seems softer at first but as you drive more it seems to remain consistent. The new 028a ECU flash seems less herky-jerky although there's still "some" throttle lag. The verdict is still out on whether it feels slower. Coming out of an 06 auto loaner it's hard to tell since loaners always feel torquier.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
An update to my original post.

I brought my car in this morning for service and just received a call from that that they have performed the clutch recall as well as the 028a upgrade. They did not apply the 045 flash as they could not reproduce the problem. I asked that they keep the car over night to test it in the morning as that's a more accurate picture of reproducing the problem as the car had been driven for a good 25 minutes by the time I got to my dealer.

I will post the results when I get my car back tomorrow.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:11 PM
The new clutch cylinder is awesome. The clutch is way more consistent and it doesn't chatter anymore. 028a also seems to be an improvement. It doesn't buck when I jab the gas.

Let me know your thoughts.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Have had the car back for a few hours now and I'm very happy thus far with the results. I'm especially pleased with my dealer (Frontier Infiniti in San Jose, CA) as although they weren't able to reproduce the issues for 028a and 045 they still applied the updates noting on my work performed sheet as "installed as per customer request and as a precautionary measure." Their service department is great over there.

I agree, the new clutch cylinder is amazing. The car drives like I always felt it should drive. The three updates addressed all my issues with touchy throttle, cold engine issues, VDC being a pain the ***, jerkiness at low gears/speed/rpms, etc.

The first 20 minutes or so of driving I definitely felt it doesn't buck as much when you punch it. However after an hour or so I got used to it and felt it was just as responsive as before. Prior to the updates, the quick acceleration always felt just a tad awkward but now it feels much more smooth. It may not feel as responsive jabbing the gas in 1st or 2nd at first, but when going through the gears it felt much much better. I'm not fighting VDC and seemingly it accelerates much faster/smother (I used to consistently drive with it off because it would **** me off).

Another thing people mentioned was that hitting 5th and 6th gear seemed to be more of a task after the updates. I definitely noticed the difference, but it's nothing drastic. When I first put it in 5th I felt weird about it because it seemed like I didn't have to go as far up and to the right to engage it into 5th gear. The shift from 4th to 5th feels shorter, as does 5th->6th.

I'm sure I'll have some more updates after driving it for a week or so. But for now, I am pleased, and I'm going to drive the **** out of this thing because it feels like its brand new!

Old 02-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup I agree on the New Clutch Cylinder Update! it's way more Consistent, no Light Pedal feel that comes and Goes! And the Pick-up point is perfect for me Now, Right in the Middle!! I am very happy now. Never got that Bucking thing you guy's mentioned under Full Throttle? And shifting through all 6 gerars is Buttery smooth! My G feels better than before!

Old 02-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I didn't have a bucking while in the throttle, I had this LAG if I went from minimal throttle to deep throttle (like passing someone, etc.). It was annoying. It's much better now. You can still tell the car is drive by wire but it's reasonably responsive now; before it was embarrassing.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:32 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Anyone have any feedback on just the clutch slave cylinder recall (no ECU reflash)?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey mishmosh,

I just got the clutch cylinder done and the order sheet didn't say anything about a ECU flash.

See my comments about the clutch on the sticky thread above, otherwise, let me know if you have any questions.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Anyone have any feedback on just the clutch slave cylinder recall (no ECU reflash)?
You can separate my comments. The clutch alone is worthwhile. It's more consistent, the engagement point is better, etc.